AC RUF Yellowbird @ Donington National - Saturday 3rd Jan. 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Unfortunately the wired internet is the reason I'm on wireless. I'm in a rural area and the broadband is a ridiculously slow adsl so wireless was the best option. It's a whole lot faster too, just about vdsl speed. I did notice that over christmas things did slow down a little as everyone came to my area over the holidays but I normally get these spikes even when there is no one around. Funnily enough I noticed I didn't get any spikes on our friday night race which is a first since I switched to wireless. But like I said, even vodafone said I shouldn't be getting that much of a fluctuation; jumping from 100 to 600 ping or even more for 10-20 seconds at a time seems a bit wrong...
As soon as we get an option of vdsl or better I'll be switching asap you can be sure of that!!

I used to use wireless for internet at one of the places I used to live at. It would consistently drop out for minutes at a time. Ended up getting my contract cancelled and sent the device back :(

Is good ol satellite an option?

Fortunately my dropout is only for 10-20 secs at a time, that however is a lifetime in sim racing!

Just had a look at satellite, not worth my time. It's expensive, slower and with an even lower data cap than what I have now. I'm just going to have to stick with what I have at the moment until a better broadband becomes available (prob in about 2-3 years :()

Thanks for your suggestions guys, will look further into port forwarding and see if it will help at all

Thanks for the race guys. It was fun. The car is BEAST!! This was my first online race so I just tried to stay out of trouble. Hope I didn't slow anyone down too much.

Also I could not hear team speak over the engine noise, so that was annoying.

It was nice to hear some Australian accents. I'm in Hong Kong, I have not lived in Australia for about 10 years. Im originally from Adelaide. Your server time is also good for me as I am 3 hours behind AEDT. The US races are all bad time for me.

I used to use wireless for internet at one of the places I used to live at. It would consistently drop out for minutes at a time. Ended up getting my contract cancelled and sent the device back :(

Is good ol satellite an option?
In deserts and open sea, yes. Some satellite connections in that cases reach up to 500mb down/up speeds, but as it comes from space, they are subject to number of users (the same satellite can cover up to 150km/ 220miles area) anything that blocks the direct line of sight between you receiver and the transponder (in space) will affect your signal. Determining the best types of connections depends in so many variables and personal needs.

Hey Guys, the RUF is a super fun beast to tame. Recently I have been diving the V12 Jaguar from 1977.
Its just as fun if not more than the yellowbird. It will easily blaze tires and it likes to hold oversteer. It would be cool to have a race with them. One nice thing is due to the huge motor over the front wheels the front and rear tires heat up fairly evenly, unlike the yellowbird where the fronts stay cold while the rears over heat. I would be super into racing it with you guys, its really fun on tracks with lots of elevation changes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%