AC RUF Yellowbird @ Donington National - Saturday 3rd Jan. 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
One of the hardest race I've ever had for sure, @David Armstrong was pretty consistent so it was pretty much impossible to overtake! :cautious::D

Congrats @Kevin Hagendoorn ! If I didn't spin I would've got ya :inlove:

Untitled-2_zpsd7c3c10a.jpg~original

@Sun Levi first pic, ( Blue car on the left ) i already had trouble keeping it at bay on the first corner hahaha!:laugh: Sideways.
i had literally no idea i had such a strong pace, whit full fuel ( i took 85 liters i believe lol) i managed to go a second quicker in the race :confused:, fun to drive for sure!, but hard to not let it go sideways.

Sorry for being so quite on TS, i was abit sleepy this morning and half me voice was gone. :coffee:

Thanks for the event guys, hope to be there next time!

I drove the car for the first time earlier in hotlap while you guys raced.

I think I spent more time going sideways rather than forwards, so I'm pretty positive I'm driving the car correctly :D

Still spewing I stuffed up my booking!

I'd like to say I had a fun race but I didn't. Spent too much time on the grass and sand, just couldn't get any consistency with this car. Had a great quali, got my first top 3 and in a car I really struggle with! Unfortunately couldn't keep it though and finished a very distant 6th

@Matheus Machado I noticed a lot of lag on cars as I was driving around and yes my ping did spike up (like it usually does:mad:) but I don't believe we hit each other? If I lag hit you then I'm really sorry.

I've spent a lot of time on the phone with my ISP and apparently there's nothing I can do about these stupid ping spikes. Very frustrating....

Great win @Kevin Hagendoorn, can't believe the pace you had!!

I'd like to say I had a fun race but I didn't. Spent too much time on the grass and sand, just couldn't get any consistency with this car. Had a great quali, got my first top 3 and in a car I really struggle with! Unfortunately couldn't keep it though and finished a very distant 6th

@Matheus Machado I noticed a lot of lag on cars as I was driving around and yes my ping did spike up (like it usually does:mad:) but I don't believe we hit each other? If I lag hit you then I'm really sorry.

I've spent a lot of time on the phone with my ISP and apparently there's nothing I can do about these stupid ping spikes. Very frustrating....

Great win @Kevin Hagendoorn, can't believe the pace you had!!
No worries mate:thumbsup:. Try opening some ports in your router firewall, it helped me a lot in connection stability.

congrats too kevin too quick mate , and thanks to david for keeping levi at a bay for most of the race :thumbsup:.Man i do not know if these cars are as hard to drive in reality as they were last night , i was like braking way before a corner came up and just making it through ,surely they are not like that ,anyways still enjoyed it cheers to chris and tony again

Thanks again for the race lads. Apologies for being so rubbish, started OK but really lost concentration by the half way mark.

As an aside, I seemed to have less grip at times last night (not an excuse btw, I know I was lacking talent more than anything), and I have noticed it a bit with online racing recently. Has anyone else noticed this?? I did an event in the Tatuus last week and during practice I was mid-field, qual I suddenly found 1.5 seconds with the same setup and started on the second row, then in the race I couldn't get within a second of my qual time?? Offline I don't notice any difference, maybe it's just me...

@Sun Levi first pic, ( Blue car on the left ) i already had trouble keeping it at bay on the first corner hahaha!:laugh: Sideways.
i had literally no idea i had such a strong pace, whit full fuel ( i took 85 liters i believe lol) i managed to go a second quicker in the race :confused:, fun to drive for sure!, but hard to not let it go sideways.

Sorry for being so quite on TS, i was abit sleepy this morning and half me voice was gone. :coffee:

Thanks for the event guys, hope to be there next time!
I wonder how it would have been if you were not sleepy...:confused: Incredible pace.

How is that possibly going to help with ISP ping spikes????
The firewall could block some packages of unknown content, causing some random spikes. Usually to prevent this issue ISPs disable the firewall by default, but some try setting some basic firewall settings that 99% of the time causes trouble with online gaming. Also bad/old house telephone cables (those that are connected to phone lines) quite often the cause for spiking in ADSL/VDSL connections (not fiber ones).

Thanks again for the race lads. Apologies for being so rubbish, started OK but really lost concentration by the half way mark. yes i have noticed that chris , i joined a public server in practice and i was doing 1.09 then it went too q and i was doing 1.19s wtf so i left and came back in time for race and i was doing 1.09s again game is still definitely not right yet

As an aside, I seemed to have less grip at times last night (not an excuse btw, I know I was lacking talent more than anything), and I have noticed it a bit with online racing recently. Has anyone else noticed this?? I did an event in the Tatuus last week and during practice I was mid-field, qual I suddenly found 1.5 seconds with the same setup and started on the second row, then in the race I couldn't get within a second of my qual time?? Offline I don't notice any difference, maybe it's just me...

Yes @Chris Stacey I am. My wife goes to bed when I race at night. My internet is a wireless one (through the 3G network) so it does go up and down a little but, as Vodafone also agree with, not as it has been. I tried looking at the port forwarding but to my crappy knowledge of fancy computer things I don't really know what I'm doing ;) I don't really know what the host IP address is to set my router to etc. had a look at portforwarding.com but it just seemed to be a whole lot of downloads...

Yes @Chris Stacey I am. My wife goes to bed when I race at night. My internet is a wireless one (through the 3G network) so it does go up and down a little but, as Vodafone also agree with, not as it has been. I tried looking at the port forwarding but to my crappy knowledge of fancy computer things I don't really know what I'm doing ;) I don't really know what the host IP address is to set my router to etc. had a look at portforwarding.com but it just seemed to be a whole lot of downloads...
That explains a lot, 3G networks are affected easily by environmental issues, most by the variation of number of users at the same time (noticeable by significantly lower speeds and higher ping in pretty much any crowded area) and due to the nature of wireless signals, as they are not physically transmitted (so everything, even your body, interfere with the overall quality of the signal). I'd suggest upgrading to a wired one, as it should help a lot in terms of stability of your connection:thumbsup:.
PS: It doesn't have to be the most expensive plan, as the cheapest ones should do the work pretty easily, just have a look at the customer opinions of the ISP before deciding, some really don't give a f:inlove::inlove::inlove: about providing a good service.
Hope that helped you;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back