Ruf RT12 R

Keith_G

Premium
OK @Chris Stacey or @Dragos Haba or anyone else who has driven this car (rear wheel drive version)? You are the Gurus of AC cars so I am hoping you or anyone else can tell me if this car is as hard to drive as it seems (loads of fun but hard to keep the tail from wagging, even for a rear engine car!!). I have been driving it at Spa to test it out just because I know the lap times pretty well here.

I drove it for a while with the default setup to set a baseline but was having such trouble getting it around the track in a reasonable time that I looked at the setup and realized there was 0 wing set for default. No wonder it was tail happy. So I did some setup work and got it to a reasonable place but still can't get any better than a 2:42 lap time.

So my real question is, would you drive it please and let me know how far off a good lap I am or is this car just that difficult!
I was comparing it to the other GT3 cars to see how close it was with the mistaken notion that it is also a GT3 race car. After looking at the few options you have on setups I assume the actual GT3 car is much different but I could be wrong. I drove the same car (GT3 version) in R3E at Spa and can easily get a 2:24 lap so something is way off somewhere. ( I realize they are different games but are pretty similar in lap times)
Let me know what you think. Thanks!

It's definitely insanely difficult. I can also run around a 2:38.2XX. Shifting around 6500rpm (peak power, I was shifting at redline before) helped a lot but that doesn't fix the fact that it's an overpowered road car, it's always going to be difficult to haul around corners.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 72 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.9%