Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Project CARS Setup Guides.jpg

Whether you are new to sim racing on the PC, Xbox One or Playstation 4, or even an experienced simmer, creating your own setups can be a complicated and time consuming process.

Is it impossible to become a setup expert? No! First of all you need to try and understand the basics of how to set up a car and we have some guides available that will help you to understand your car better.

Back in 2008 @Ramon van Rijn released his guide for RACE 07 and until today this document has been used by tenths of thousands of drivers world wide. The basics of this guide fit Project CARS perfectly so if you need a hand understanding setups in an easy way, make sure to download the RaceDepartment Setup Guide here.

A more technical in-depth guide has been written by @Georg Siebert for Assetto Corsa. Although there are some specific parts dedicated to this other beautiful sim the main parts can be applied to Project CARS as well as after all physics are physics. You can read this extensive guide here.

Need more support?
Feel free to create a new thread here with specific technical setup questions and we'll do our best to help you out the best we can.

Have you tried running around yet....I have done an hour or so now and only got as far as tyre temps and distribution and balance....I've managed a 2.17:8 running quite high downforce.....and now I draw a blank on the rest because your going to need little downforce but still retain grip in corners....going through Pouhon and blanchiment

I'm new to setups too, I've been told 1 change at a time. Do say 10 laps consistently then make 1 change then do another 10 or so.

My first adjustment on setups when I run into understeer is bringing the brakebias a few clicks to the rear as most default setups (in almost any game) cause my frontwheels to lock up under massive braking, which causes your car to go straight (understeer).

so you still want front bias right, for more weight transfer to the front giving it more grip on turn in?

What about softening up the front sway bar...

I've just setup 3 monitors but i'm not sure what angle to set the side monitors at.
I'm going to be using Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and Raceroom if that makes a difference.
I know Project Cars does not support triple monitors.

Hi, can anyone share me best "Overall" setup + config of their Logitech Momo Racing force on Project Cars? Im abit of noob adjust the configs other than deadzone here there. I want a controllable steering in the game, that will overpowered my knockoff gamepad. lol :/

Hey guys, just wondering if someone can give me some insight on this. I'm gearing up for a league race and i'm trying to get the toyota sorted out at le mans. I'm top 3 on the leaderboard right now so i'm feeling okay but one thing thats bothering me is the top speed of the car vs my actual top speed on the mulsanne straight. Says 330 something kph in the garage and i'm only banging out a 310 by the end of the straight, and thats with zero downforce, no toe angles, ducts closed up, and tyres at correct temps. am i forgetting something here?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%