Rubens Barrichello

I feel that he probably won't find a drive.

That said, rumour had it that Kimi was going to Williams - and he went to Lotus Renault. So I guess the door could still be open for Rubens.

I like Rubens, I really want him to be racing next year. He deserves to be able to choose when his career ends. Not just find himself out of a drive. Plus, IMO, he's better than Maldonado anyway and he's only there because of the sponsor money he takes with him.

Based on the passionate interview he gave the BBC folks after the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix, Rubens still wants to race. But I doubt very much he will find a ride. There are just too many young guns lining up for their crack at F1. I suspect Rubens will be forced out of F1 in 2012 and I also fear that Adrian Sutil may also be forced out of the sport.

Is he actually a simracer?

Yep, he tweeted some photos of him and Webber on his personalised rig.

I hope Rubens gets a drive next year and with Kimi now at Lotus and Maldonado's government backing under review, he has a good chance of staying with Williams. He's also said he is not interested in a large retainer so that will suit Williams.

First of all, I think that if he doesn't stay at Williams, he'll quit. I can't see a veteran of 19 years F1 experience mucking around in an HRT, that would be just sad :(

He will stay if either:

1) Sutil stays at Force India. I'm pretty sure that Williams would prefer Sutil over Barrichello - he's faster, he's got a future, and he's got $$$.
2) Maldonado loses his financial backing and gets kicked.

I don't really see Bottas coming in unless Maldonado leaves, having a rookie + the worst driver on the grid would be a surefire way to bring about Williams' downfall.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back