F1 2013 Rubbered In Track

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some help guys.

I stole this image from another thread
Screenshot40705_zps06221996.png

My game does not rubber in like that, even with max settings. It hasn't rubbered in like that since 2010, and I haven't got it working since.

For guys who do get the rubbering in track, can you post your specs/game settings? I'd love to see this effect.

https://twitter.com/DumpyWillis/status/388004913122668544
https://twitter.com/SonOfMaw/status/390220861933768704

so that makes it official that this bug isnt only visual but also makes you slower when not getting the "rubbered-in-racing-line"!!! which makes this bug as bad as the fps bug!!! and not one person from cm has even acknowledged it so far...

I've had a look at these links and some peeps are pointing the finger at it not having graphics set to high/max OR using an NVidia card. I can confirm I use a 3 year old Asus laptop with NVidia and all my graphics are set to LOW (as i said it's an old system - struggle to get 30fps) and yet I get the rubbered in effect everytime as well as when I run off the racing line but not off the track, I get a slight funny sound that i'm convinced is marbles on the tyres which disappears after 10 or so seconds.....it must be something else causing the issue.

Weird- ever since i upgraded to this computer, I have never had the flashing puddle or drying/rubbering line issues with 2010, and now with 2013 i get the rubbered in line...

(game settings all maxed out) and i have a 660Ti card...

i wonder if its something else then?

I am on onboard intel graphics i3 processor , just enough fps to play properly offline
Apart from that: are you serious? A hamster made up to look like Hitler as your avatar? Even worse, it's showing the Hitler salute. Everyone knows about Hitler, this salute in particular and why it's not funny - not in the slightest.

Still, I'll be as nice as possible and give you 4 weeks to reflect about this. Should you understand why it was neither funny nor appropriate and agree not to do something like that again, and only then, you're welcome to log back in.

Meanwhile I've changed your avatar to something more appropriate, which will become visible once your suspension has expired.

Tom

I've had a look at these links and some peeps are pointing the finger at it not having graphics set to high/max OR using an NVidia card. I can confirm I use a 3 year old Asus laptop with NVidia and all my graphics are set to LOW (as i said it's an old system - struggle to get 30fps) and yet I get the rubbered in effect everytime as well as when I run off the racing line but not off the track, I get a slight funny sound that i'm convinced is marbles on the tyres which disappears after 10 or so seconds.....it must be something else causing the issue.

when you read the 2 threads
http://community.codemasters.com/t5...does-not-rubber-in-no-drying-line/td-p/372642
http://community.codemasters.com/t5...oes-not-rubber-in-etc-SORT-IT-OUT/td-p/372644
in the codemaster forum carefully you would see what was already tested and it seems that mostly older (amd) cpus are able to see the dark rubbered in racing-line! i myself have an i5 2500k and a gtx 570 and have never seen this racing line (also not in f1 2011 and f1 2012)!

when you read the 2 threads
http://community.codemasters.com/t5...does-not-rubber-in-no-drying-line/td-p/372642
http://community.codemasters.com/t5...oes-not-rubber-in-etc-SORT-IT-OUT/td-p/372644
in the codemaster forum carefully you would see what was already tested and it seems that mostly older (amd) cpus are able to see the dark rubbered in racing-line! i myself have an i5 2500k and a gtx 570 and have never seen this racing line (also not in f1 2011 and f1 2012)!

I am the guy doing much of the testing that you are referring to (I have the AMD which will show the rubbering-in and a new Intel, fast which will not).

My current thinking is that the issue is being caused by the speed/CPU clock of the Intel (or perhaps the lack of it on the AMD).

The only time I have been able to force the Intel to show the rubbering-in is when I reduce its core CPU speed to a crawl. The problem is that the system then becomes so instable that it is not then possible to investigate what is going on.

I have tried setting up new definitions in the relevant workermap to try and slow down the thread which is, I think, allocated to the drawing of the rubbering-in line but that has not worked (nor does speeding it up).

There is one other very weird thing. If you know where to look (basically the second corner at Korea, just before the long straight) you can see that the rubbering-in line is, in fact, drawn but it then, literally, vanishes in front of your eyes....basically it never builds up (or does for a second when lots of cars go over the same spot but it then disappears). It is almost as if the relevant texture is not kept in memory...very odd.

Any help with the workermap issues would be appreciated.

I am the guy doing much of the testing that you are referring to (I have the AMD which will show the rubbering-in and a new Intel, fast which will not).

My current thinking is that the issue is being caused by the speed/CPU clock of the Intel (or perhaps the lack of it on the AMD).

The only time I have been able to force the Intel to show the rubbering-in is when I reduce its core CPU speed to a crawl. The problem is that the system then becomes so instable that it is not then possible to investigate what is going on.

I have tried setting up new definitions in the relevant workermap to try and slow down the thread which is, I think, allocated to the drawing of the rubbering-in line but that has not worked (nor does speeding it up).

There is one other very weird thing. If you know where to look (basically the second corner at Korea, just before the long straight) you can see that the rubbering-in line is, in fact, drawn but it then, literally, vanishes in front of your eyes....basically it never builds up (or does for a second when lots of cars go over the same spot but it then disappears). It is almost as if the relevant texture is not kept in memory...very odd.

Any help with the workermap issues would be appreciated.

i really appreciate your work in regard to this topic! i myself have also done some tests but nothing worked so far! write me a pm and tell me how i can help you.
im planning on installing f1 2013 on my 5 year old laptop and see if the problem is also there...

It is a weird problem, and unsatisfactory now.

I have also been using my limited knowledge to try and fix, as in general the game is almost really good now. I have been experimenting with some xmls too, to no avail thus far like changing track info to use 4 cores and abovenormal. @lawyer237 your findings are interesting and very much appreciated. Perhaps lessening priority in xmls would work.

Though I have a hunch it maybe flow.bin in system folder, the only reason I say this I remember f1 2010 (alas I no longer have disc I still have 2011,2012 but not helpful) , in 2010 was the only time this issue wasn't there, then a patch came out and I think it only changed exe and flow.bin , after that is when I remember the issues arising. It was only today I remembered it (alas getting older has these drawbacks).

I have just upgraded to w8.1 so seems somethings I need to re-install to have a look at flow.bin, not that I have before, but maybe a clue in there I don't know. Also this last patch fps bug being addressed I believe mostly. Flow.bin again was updated.

when i run the game on one core only the line appears also on my normal gaming pc mentioned above!but the performance of the game is really bad (15-30 fps)!after the first couple of laps when the line was already developed i reactivated my other 3 cores and could play normally again and the line was still there!

I know but if you start multi-core and then disable all but one it will show the rubber but in X laps your PC will crash..it will also be very, very slow.

The issue is to find the relevant workerset in the workermap to make it, and only it, run on one/two core(s) and leave the other functions to run as normal....I have been trying for a week and have failed!

What I do not know is whether if you start multi core, change to single core, let the rubber start to build up and then change back to all cores whether the rubber will continue to build up...I am trying that now.

{edit}...tested and the line stops rubbering-in as soon as you revert to all cores.

Last edited:
Steffen,

Seems to me that we need to work out is which workerset is relevant (track info, groundcover, groundcoverworker) and then work out whether it/they need to changed to a much slower priority (not had much luck with doing that) or whether they need to be higher priority with everything else reduced in priority.

Without any idea of how the Ego engine works (what a typically inappropriate name Codemasters used for it!) we are really just guessing as the possible permutations are huge!

What we do know is that slowing the entire game down (by a number of different means) allows the rubber to be drawn or, alternatively, allows it to remain in memory.

Steffen and I have a workaround albeit we came up with different ones:- For mine please see:-

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...ot-rubber-in-etc-SORT-IT-OUT/m-p/385884#M2264

Steffen achieves the same result by using NV Inspector to limit the frame rate to 30fps. His solution is better if you have a monitor with a refresh rate greater than 60hz. Mine is better if you have 60hz monitor as you do not have to mess around with third party programmes.

Great coding CM, really impressive!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 125 8.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 160 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 224 14.8%