RSS Vortex V10 (aka Viper) @ Syracuse/Siracusa

Siracusa/Syracuse has better 'flow' than any other contemporary circuit (it closed in 1970, alas). It reminds me of the old Imola before it was chopped up for kindling. It's deceptively simple, with a few sweeping turns, a couple of Esses, no hairpins and mostly straight-line braking. But the turns weren't laid out with a protractor or a French curve (i.e., they are 'natural,' not geometric) and most tighten up at the exit. There are a few troublesome cambers and some mild elevation changes. Once you get into the rhythm, it feels like you could go on forever. One thing, though: the curbs. With most cars, just touching one will put you off the road in a trice. Aversion training to the rescue! Once you've been bit a couple of times, you learn to avoid the curbs like covid-19.

The first car I tried, RSS' Tornado V12 (a clone of the Lister-Jag), was all too easily upset by the curbs. Next I tried RSS' Viper-clone, the Vortex V10. Better, but deadly if you don't watch the curbs like a hawk. Herewith, a 10-lap race setup. I'll try some other cars as soon as I catch my breath.

Attachments

• Syracuse_12-28-2020.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back