RSS URD and Other Paid Mods

There no comparison to RSS in team mods. You could see some modders do top quality mods like.Maybe IER does a great overall product, being mclarenf1papa the physics guy but you can't put RSS and other modding team in the same sentence.
Other great team is the guys doing the btcc 90s and then you have urd, Vcr, and not many more I guess

• Deleted member 197115

I agree with RSS praise. The other you mentioned, do you have any links, if that's allowed of course.
What about tracks, is SimTraxx :cautious: the only one?
DTM revival is pretty good too, didn't see it in the list.

Yeah I don't remember all the teams, IER has some free cars Daytona Prototypes.by VCR I meant VRC which have some free content here and pay mods on their website.
There's another one working on superGT content which will be available for free as well here in RD.
For tracks as a team yeah simtraxx which don't release much, but they have their new website and you can download free tracks.
Rally Legends does some good mods (cars mainly and did some rally cross tracks as well)

RSS makes incredible mods, and they do occasionally have a sale. VRC is up there with RSS as well, with very interesting choices of content that are worth every penny. I hope RSS and VRC keep modding, as AC will stay fresh with new content for the long term.

These modder’s put many hundreds and hundreds of
hours producing these excellent mods, the charge is in my view is minuscule compared with what you receive.
Quite often mods are free too.
You will quite often happily pay a hell of a lot more
for one, not very good meal.
You may be criticising a car mod that had :poop: handling and terrible fuel consumption in real life, but not compared to its contemporaries.
I have just driven the vrs 1991 Jordan, an outstanding mod that I paid now’t for.
Just my opinion :)

I’d buy anything from RSS no questions asked. VRC is okay but not great. URD.....nope. URD releases stuff like the ford gt with crazy fuel consumption, bad bop and just a poor handling model. I’ve never been happy with any of their stuff
But anyway, it is the best Ford GTE you can get here in AC and RF2. Of course RSS and VRC are on another level, but anyway URD also put alot hours to create these mods. And i remember that the DTM and the URD Detroid EGT are quite popular in the endurance world of AC and RF2. They are also way better than some special sides like RTM where you only buy crap for alot cash.

RSS and VRC have great mods. URD on the other hand had some good ideas, but they don't support their mods properly afterwards and often don't respond to support queries. The driver models for PX in RF2 looks physically disabled and they never implemented functionality like wipers (AC and RF2). The Porsche 911 RSR and Detroit are probably their best mods. They stated that they most likely won't update the EGT pack (response to a query about the EGT "Aston" getting updated for shaders patch on FaceBook). So, based on track record, the other content will probably not be updated either. RSS and VRC support their mods well. Although I own most of the URD content for AC and RF2, I don't have confidence in their business practice as the PX mod was left unfinished (no movement since 2017) and they may not support their other mods - although they are still for sale and they actively market their products for summer sales etc . Questions around PX for instance get blatantly ignored.
In conclusion, if you have to choose, consider RSS and VRC first when spending your hard earned cash and go URD if they have something you just cannot go without.

I got to thinking after coming across this topic...
Has URD ever offered any free community content?
I truly don't know the answer.
I know RSS and VRC have.
I personally only own one of URD's cars....the Shiro for AC.
I do know I was a bit 'miffed' when for over a year, there had been an update and I was not informed.

I got to thinking after coming across this topic...
Has URD ever offered any free community content?
I truly don't know the answer.
I know RSS and VRC have.
I personally only own one of URD's cars....the Shiro for AC.
I do know I was a bit 'miffed' when for over a year, there had been an update and I was not informed.
There is the 2018 911 GT3 RSR which is an exe file that depends on you owning the Kunos 2017 car. There was also a Mercedes CLR that was a free release to customers. The left-hand mirror didn't work and was never fixed. Managed to fix it myself by playing with the data files. Then finally there is the Corvette C6R. Which they released on RD as free content or gateway drug for the EGT mod. All these "Freebees" are alright. Not RSS or VRC standards but enjoyable.

Sadly the Shiro JGT car also went the way of the dodo from a support perspective. What grates my arse is that URD still sells their mods and markets summer sales to get our hard earned cash but does not seem willing to update their content or fix issues to get their content on par with the latest developments in AC and RF2. :(

There is the 2018 911 GT3 RSR which is an exe file that depends on you owning the Kunos 2017 car. There was also a Mercedes CLR that was a free release to customers. The left-hand mirror didn't work and was never fixed. Managed to fix it myself by playing with the data files. Then finally there is the Corvette C6R. Which they released on RD as free content or gateway drug for the EGT mod. All these "Freebees" are alright. Not RSS or VRC standards but enjoyable.

Sadly the Shiro JGT car also went the way of the dodo from a support perspective. What grates my arse is that URD still sells their mods and markets summer sales to get our hard earned cash but does not seem willing to update their content or fix issues to get their content on par with the latest developments in AC and RF2. :(
Am I right to understand that URD DTM 2018 will never get wipers?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%