Resource icon

Misc RSS GTN interior texture update pack 1.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
DrLimerep submitted a new resource:

RSS GTN interior texture update pack - Realistic interior branding for the RSS GTN pack.

Here are some updated textures to use with your GTN skins. Contains realistic branding for the Ferruchio and Darche, along with some interior options such as seat belt colors. For full extent; see the readme file. And skinners - feel free to include them in your mods :)

NSyiJyB.jpg

lKk0kAJ.jpg

dgZWvPE.jpg

NRu7j1d.jpg

kA3h4xd.jpg

Enjoy!

Read more about this resource...

This is really good work, thanks. I thought about doing something like this but couldn't be bothered because the alpha on the decals.dds was a pain, so ended up doing just steering wheel and gear display. How do you get the alpha perfectly accurate? Some trick I don't know about? Would like to know.

One part you might want to adjust a bit is the Ferrari steering wheel logo
ferrari_360_gtc_by_michelotto_7.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you liked it :)

There no particular trick to the alpha. Since I work in layers (and smart objects=less data loss), I merely copy the outline of the individual decals and fill the alpha space with white. After making sure to black out the area first, of course.
Thanks for the closeup of the Ferrari wheel. I will update all textures eventually, as better references become available. There seems to have been some variation to the wheel on the 360, especially the GTC; ranging from a plain yellow hub, as in the picture, on most cars, to more a more street-like appearance with a yellow or carbon "button", and all-carbon wheels with a chrome logo.

There no particular trick to the alpha. Since I work in layers (and smart objects=less data loss), I merely copy the outline of the individual decals and fill the alpha space with white. After making sure to black out the area first, of course.
I should have been more specific. What I had a problem with was the text part where the RGB channel is just blank, and the text comes from the alpha channel. This part in Porsche decals.dds:
decals.png

How did you get that pixel perfect?

Ah, that. Haven't touched it. It's all the original file. Still looking for a proper logo for the brake balance knob.

However....
The easiest method to create anything that's all value and no pixels is to put dummy text, or decals, in a contrasting color on top of the blank area and work the Alpha channel as I described previously. And remember to hide or delete the extra layers before saving the .dds. Yup, I've forgotten that part a few times :p

Is it possible to reskin the valve covers from RSS to Ferrari ?

Not sure. It depends on if they are modeled as a part of the 3D model, or merely as a raised texture. Anyhow, they require fiddling with the normal maps and that is beyond my expertise.

Yes but how did you get the original file? Sorry to bother you with so many questions but I would like to understand. And thanks for the information

You need to extract the textures from the car's .kn file. Unless they are included in the official paint kit from RSS, since they did that with the GT pack. It came out after I did my stuff so I haven't bothered to check it out yet.
You should be able to find all the relevant links in the mod discussion section on this forum.

DrLimerep updated RSS GTN interior texture update pack with a new update entry:

More seat options and some polishing

What's new:

Darche:
- Added optional Sparco seat. Not a particularly widespread option on the RS and RSR but fairly common on Cup cars.
- Threw in the option of blue seatbelts. Not that it's necessary because they were already in the Ferruccio folder. But what the heck!
- Fixed the logo on the brake adjustment knob.

Ferruccio:
- Based on user feedback and some additional research, I remade the badge on the steering wheel from scratch.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fantastic, that is exactly what I was looking for!
Specially inside the cockpit, where you look at it all the time, those fake badges and names kind of are annoying...
I know it might seem cocky to ask, but...err...do you, by any chance, also consider to do the same for the GT pack?:notworthy::redface:

The RSS GT pack? Maybe. But not at the moment.
There's already a lot of fixes included with the various skins, especially for the 550 and some pretty awesome stuff for the Viper. I don't think anybody has put together a resource pack though.
The thing about the GT pack is that the models are way more complex than the N-GT cars with more individual textures => soooooooo much more work on each car!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.3%