RSS GTM Bayro 6 V8 @ Road America

RSS' GTM Bayro 6 V8 (aka BMW M6), is a companion piece to RSS' recently released Lanzo/Lambo GTM. It has the same tendency to full-beans oversteer exiting second-gear corners. You can either balloon-foot it or find the right combination of diff setting, travel distance, rear shock rebound and ride height. Other than that, its handling is impeccable. Lap times were comparable with the lower end of the GT3 class. The only thing I would/could/did change was the sound, using Content Manager to swap in the sound of another BMW M6 (there are several; take your pick). Ten laps at Road America.

Why I test at Elkhart Lake. 1. It doesn't have any stupidly slow hairpins or chicanes, which interfere with repeatability; at least the way I drive. Spa would be ideal for testing if it weren't for that ugly, contorted chicane at the end of the lap. 2. The Carousel. Unlike the Nordschleife's Karusel (tight and lumpy), RA's Carousel is the closest thing you'll find to a high-speed, steady-state skid pad (or 'pan' as they call it in Blighty). It will give you an indication of absolute grip, with numbers you can compare, car-to-car and setup-to-setup (anything below 100 mph = pokey; anything over = speedy). 3. The Kink. The scariest turn in North America. Little cars will barely notice it, but big cars will make or break a decent lap-time depending on whether your setup will allow you to take it flat out. Or not.

Attachments

• Elkhart_11-24-2020.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%