Glad to hear it looks convincing! I always try to figure out what's the best combo of textures to get good results. I hate the original "scratched" ones, look awful to me. This time I've tried to make the "scratch" map to fit the normal map, and avoid using those ugly white borders and scratches everywhere.

View attachment 295091
View attachment 295092
Still, I'm sure we could use a lot of improvement in this area, maybe from the Shader Patch itself if damage will ever be implemented.
Does not go the combination of both. :O_o:

Glad to hear it looks convincing! I always try to figure out what's the best combo of textures to get good results. I hate the original "scratched" ones, look awful to me. This time I've tried to make the "scratch" map to fit the normal map, and avoid using those ugly white borders and scratches everywhere.

View attachment 295091
View attachment 295092
Still, I'm sure we could use a lot of improvement in this area, maybe from the Shader Patch itself if damage will ever be implemented.

I do like the new texture you utilize.

What I never really liked though in racing sims with damage modelling deformations and denting is that certain materials like the carbon fiber panels on the Porsche 996 RSR do not dent like that.

Sometimes they dent in single larger dents (deformed, especially on corners of bumpers, but they NEVER crinkle like often modeled in current gen racing sims). More often then not in heavier collisions and scrapes carbon fiber panels tend to crack and in worst cases loose integrity of the panel and parts of the panels are ripped off. Unfortunately this seems not to be supported easily in Assetto Corsa (perhaps it could be done with KN5 file replacement commands as now supported by the shader patch (essentially modelling several damaged versions of a bumper for example and then using one of the several versions as a model replacement) This would look so much more realistic then the crinkled, dented aluminium foil type of deformation.

[QUOTE = "A3DR, Beitrag: 2927549, Mitglied: 235463"] Hatte keine Ahnung, sieht aber vielversprechend aus. Diese Texturen sehen jedoch schrecklich aus. Ich werde das im Auge behalten, um zu sehen, wie es weitergeht.

Ich kann kein Englisch, por favor. [/ QUOTE]

Sorry für das schlecht Englisch glaube Google übersetzt das nicht gut was ich meine.
Was ich meine ein aus beiden Texturen variante zu machen.
Mod Edit:
As per our ToS please use English in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "Dirk Steffen, Beitrag: 2927757, Mitglied: 245670"] Ich mag die neue Textur, die Sie verwenden.

Was mir jedoch bei Rennsimulationen mit Schadensmodellierungsdeformationen und Dellen nie wirklich gut gefallen hat, ist, dass bestimmte Materialien wie die Kohlefaserplatten des Porsche 996 RSR nicht so eindrücken.

Manchmal verbeulen sie einzelne größere Dellen (deformiert, besonders an Ecken von Stoßstangen, aber sie kräuseln sich NIEMALS wie in aktuellen Rennsport-Sims oft modelliert). Häufiger als bei schwereren Kollisionen und Kratzern neigen Kohlefaserplatten dazu, zu reißen, und im schlimmsten Fall wird die Unversehrtheit der Platte und der Teile der Platten abgerissen. Leider scheint dies in Assetto Corsa nicht ohne weiteres zu unterstützen (möglicherweise werden dazu KN5-Dateiaustauschbefehle verwendet, die jetzt vom Shader-Patch unterstützt werden (im Wesentlichen werden zum Beispiel mehrere beschädigte Versionen eines Stoßfängers modelliert und dann eine der verschiedenen Versionen als Modellersatz) Dies würde so viel realistischer aussehen als die verformte Verkrümmung der verbogenen Aluminiumfolie. [/ QUOTE]

Da gebe ich dir recht das sieht immer nicht aus wie echt. Gerade Stoßstange hinten und vorne. Das bricht in der regel und splittert.

[QUOTE = "A3DR, Beitrag: 2927549, Mitglied: 235463"] Hatte keine Ahnung, sieht aber vielversprechend aus. Diese Texturen sehen jedoch schrecklich aus. Ich werde das im Auge behalten, um zu sehen, wie es weitergeht.

Ich kann kein Englisch, por favor. [/ QUOTE]

Sorry für das schlecht Englisch glaube Google übersetzt das nicht gut was ich meine.
Was ich meine ein aus beiden Texturen variante zu machen.

Ok, as you didn't understand sarcasm, I guess I must make myself clear and tell you that I don't understand a single word of what you just wrote. This is an english forum so please stick to that. My native language is spanish and I have no problems communicating in english.

I think the texture is stock Kunos. The patch just adds the deformed hood
Never driven that car but yeah, that's what I've meant above, those scratches never looked realistic on any car.

Ok, as you didn't understand sarcasm, I guess I must make myself clear and tell you that I don't understand a single word of what you just wrote. This is an english forum so please stick to that. My native language is spanish and I have no problems communicating in english.

Never driven that car but yeah, that's what I've meant above, those scratches never looked realistic on any car.

Okay, I only understood English.:D:D:D:D

17c9a1-1552282676.jpg

2f40b2-1552282750.jpg

a36c07-1552282794.jpg

IMG

I'm still on a sabatical from simracing until this mod is released. Will we get a sound preview at some point?
In all honesty THAT will be completely unnecessary ;-)

We are looking forward to a naturally aspirated Porsche 6cyl boxer Mezger racing engine and a naturally aspirated flat-plane crankshaft Ferrari V8 race engine.

HOW BAD COULD THE SOUNDS POSSIBLY BE ???

;-)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years