The only reason why the Zakspeed 126 (where is the AC skin anyway, it's gorgeous) was a G2 and not a GT was for the reason that car still used an H-Box transmission and not the sequential gearshift of the GT cars.

For the rest it was a full blood GT class Viper...with V10

The only reason why the Zakspeed 126 (where is the AC skin anyway, it's gorgeous) was a G2 and not a GT was for the reason that car still used an H-Box transmission and not the sequential gearshift of the GT cars.

For the rest it was a full blood GT class Viper...with V10
Was it really just for the h-pattern gearbox? Force One Festina used them in the first (or was it, the first couple of..?) races of the 2003 FIA GT races aswell, before they switched to the sequential. Afaik, the reason for the G2 homologation was mostly due to VLN changes, no .. ?

Too bad for the Corvette. Clearly the better car and better driver, just not by enough to stick a pass :(

If you can't beat 'em, wreck 'em, I guess.

Well, this isn't the whole story. It's not that Bergmeister did this on purpose as Magnussen was (as he always likes to be) quite a bit of an.. a-hole in this race. And the tyres on the 'vette were fresh, the 997's were almost gone. Try to defend with super worn tyres...

But it shouldn't have ended in a crash. Both drivers are classy enough to know that.

Yeah, he clearly ran all the way to the wall to wreck the Corvette as it was passing him by accident. Just one of those things that happen. Probably didn't know he was even there. :cautious:

Let's do this! I could not find any onboard videos so it is very difficult to tell whether the corvette turned into the porsche or the other way around. But I think it all started some laps earlier when the vette goes for the pass in turn 1 and the porsche hangs on but has a little moment and bumps into the vette. If I was the vette I might think that the porsche just bumped into me. Then in the last corner what you see is either the porsche slows down in the middle of the corner to take away momentum away from the vette or the vette brakes too late and hits the porsche. Either way there is some contact and that bunches up the cars and the vette still gets better exit and they run side by side to the line.

From the camera views I've seen I can't tell who did what. Porsche went for the block but left room. Or did he? Hard to tell. Did the corvette steer back towards the center of the track? Was it both? I don't think the vette got loose on its own. I remember watching an interview from magnussen who said he kept his foot down when the car started spinning hoping to get over the line before the porsche. That made the impact into the wall more serious for him and I think he broke his tailbone and some ribs in that crash.

Did the same trick as Mag on SRS recently as in a bump and run on the last corner, needless to say the other driver saw red and I pretty much ended up the same way Mag did without the broken bones.

Yeah, he clearly ran all the way to the wall to wreck the Corvette as it was passing him by accident. Just one of those things that happen. Probably didn't know he was even there. :cautious:
Looking at the isolated final lap incident resulting in Magnussen's crash is not the right thing to do here.

Both are world class drivers, both can (and did) have battles at the absolute razor thin edge before disaster for laps on and on without completely loosing it, making for an amazing show both for the fans and for the drivers themselves.

Both drivers had also what you would call a history before this race.
Both were racing hard and Magnussen was known to be a dirty driver in times where (just as here in the last corner) he would unsettle the other driver's car by deliberate contact in order to pass where otherwise he couldn't pass.

In this case it was Magnussen's desperate last second attempt to take the victory with bumping into the back of Bergmeister's car and get a better run out of that corner to win the race.

In this case though with what happened earlier in the race and the history these two drivers had Bergmeister wasn't having any of this and simply closed the track towards the wall resulting in Magnussen spinning and crashing. I am sure it was not Bergmeister's goal to have Magnussen crash. I am sure that both drivers heart rate in that battle was constantly in the 150 - 180 zone and I am sure both have performed at full adrenaline levels.

It is sad Magnussen crashed.
Bergmeister's victory here was solid although that crash has soured the result.
It was an amazing drive of both Bermeister defending on old tires and a less powerful car and Magnussen charging and trying every

Well, this isn't the whole story. It's not that Bergmeister did this on purpose as Magnussen was (as he always likes to be) quite a bit of an.. a-hole in this race. And the tyres on the 'vette were fresh, the 997's were almost gone. Try to defend with super worn tyres...

But it shouldn't have ended in a crash. Both drivers are classy enough to know that.

Both super riders like you said Vett fresh tires and Porsche old tires.
Only Vett rider made two mistakes on the way line and second on the last lap in the last corner of the Porsche. Driving on the back corner is always ****.
And why Vett has turned away just physically thing. The Vett driver has made a claim against the side of the Porsche and tried to squeeze. And there Porsche driver only briefly went off the gas and Vett has turned away.

(In an attempt to wrestle this thread back on topic); I really can't wait for this to be released :) That's pretty convincing damage there - great work :thumbsup:
Glad to hear it looks convincing! I always try to figure out what's the best combo of textures to get good results. I hate the original "scratched" ones, look awful to me. This time I've tried to make the "scratch" map to fit the normal map, and avoid using those ugly white borders and scratches everywhere.

Screenshot_rss_ngt_darche_96_sandev_f3ct_26-2-119-12-52-35.jpg

Screenshot_rss_ngt_darche_96_sandev_f3ct_26-2-119-11-22-28.jpg

Still, I'm sure we could use a lot of improvement in this area, maybe from the Shader Patch itself if damage will ever be implemented.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%