On this car it's really a shame due to copyright. On the front a rectangular badge of the same size with anything else than a ferrari logo as a texture would pass and be left to skinners to add a real badge (to be later shared on RD), but at the rear I imagine that there's no solution. If the real car has a 3D ferrari prancing horse in there, it simply shouldn't be included in the mesh of a car you'll sell, even if left invisible with a patch texture. The "unicorn" was a (poor) joke about that.

just put a prancing hippo on instead, nobody will notice unless they get up real close.

3249989007_cdc895639d_z.jpg

On this car it's really a shame due to copyright. On the front a rectangular badge of the same size with anything else than a ferrari logo as a texture would pass and be left to skinners to add a real badge (to be later shared on RD), but at the rear I imagine that there's no solution. If the real car has a 3D ferrari prancing horse in there, it simply shouldn't be included in the mesh of a car you'll sell, even if left invisible with a patch texture. The "unicorn" was a (poor) joke about that.

just put a prancing hippo on instead, nobody will notice unless they get up real close.

3249989007_cdc895639d_z.jpg
Front just requires a badge making rear a flat plane of mesh making ,
if someone wants to create something from there imagination or maybe something to emulate a real car , we will simply leave that to whoever it may be , in my case the badge at the front will carry a RSS logo inside the badge , the flat plane at the rear will be left blank , or maybe a logo dont really know makes no difference ,
does not have to be mesh to add something realistic :)

Well do not really now how he achieved it , but the question was asked and the task completed this CM creator is a wizard , now when you load any track using CM it loads the track map from each and every track , each layout official or mod makes no difference :D
custom_showroom_1512873038.jpg

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but can you tell me where I can change the plate in CM once the first cars are released? Or will you include this in the Readme? Great work again:inlove:

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but can you tell me where I can change the plate in CM once the first cars are released? Or will you include this in the Readme? Great work again:inlove:
Hi :)
Yes it will be included in the readme upon release ,
once you open custom showroom inside CM , you will see this interface here to the right ,
as you can see almost dead center there is "paint_shop" feature ,
simply click on the paint shop button ,
f80b29cd5c6f984dd261e16f59c84662.jpg

you can see now there is more options ,
835d51a650626527e3c4208a6c3d858f.jpg

I believe by default it uses the user name so in my case CC
, simply change the number to 25 for example , change the country and change the pilot name ,
at the bottom simply press save , will create a new plaque with these settings as a dds file inside the skins folder of the selected livery :)
8371941640961d0c411622f02af2d26d.jpg

as you can see here now its created a new plaque
fb9545f670daf475fcb3bd3819f5f33e.png

7edeb1ab7a729906b4ea6742ec649708.png

its pretty easy to work ,
simply open custom showroom inside CM , go to paint shop on the 1st menu ,
select the items you wish to change and press save , and load the car ingame ,
if you fast maybe you can change the number , name and flag in 10 seconds :)

Not sure from memory maybe you need to activate the paint shop mode in settings ,but will check :)

on another note , I am almost happy with this carbon fibre , just adjusted it once more ,
I really like how active the carbon is and the color variations its receiving , I will try and add some PBR with some fine scratches maybe I will see how far I can take it but remaining subtle ,
but overhaul now I believe the biggest aspect of this area is finished ,
I also baked the INTcarbon again last night and rotated all the panels , dashboard , center console and what have you , now the weave all follows the reference which is nice :)
custom_showroom_1512904030.jpg

Last edited:
No posts since 11am? This project dead or what? :roflmao:

Man seriously I'm too excited for this mod, I'm a grown bloke ffs!
So , I had an idea to add something from this plaque to maybe the seat like the driver name and flag also ,
so it changes in CM and you can simply make it all custom and just save it ,
me and Gary was brainstorming and looking at reference so had an idea of adding the drivers names down the pillars like in the 2004 reference we had , flag then names ,
also on another texture a "decal" texture there was the number on the headlight glass on the front right hand side , the plaque we currently have uses black text but EXT details uses white text ,
so with some help from the CM creator I decided to create a EXT details ,

currently this is only custom to the not55 car , there is still the one settings ,
so you pick 1 number , you pick 1 country and pick 1 pilot name and it adds settings live into multiple places inside on the plaque and externally on the headlights and the pillars next to the windscreen , its took some setting up its quite tricky but now everything is working perfectly with no issues ,

simply create your own driver and press save and you will have a custom car :)
and sorry about the lack of progress!
e3d4ea3b70490033543e3e61d2ae935f.gif

85c1c1b993c21419fb2ee7268e1907cc.gif

Thats some really cool stuff!
Currently on the cars that is all custom ,
will be the 6 drivers with the animated skinned cables on the helmets ,
all custom plaques that the community can edit and make there own , including the custom loadable track maps also , loads of custom features in which non have been seen before , not on mods anyways , in CM you can modify loads of textures and paints for official cars really cool work this guy is doing ,
along with the cars which are all looking really nice with zero bugs , all livery work and textures the pack is looking quite fruitful , hopefully will give the community many exciting races for years to come :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%