RSS GT UI Real Names FIA GT Brand

Misc RSS GT UI Real Names FIA GT Brand 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Julio Cezar Kronbauer submitted a new resource:

RSS GT UI Real Names FIA GT Brand - Creates the FIA GT Championship brand for the Race Sim Studio GT Pack.

View attachment 291350

The files compressed in this package modify the RSS GT mod by Race Sim Studio by grouping the cars under a new badge called FIA GT Championship.

View attachment 291349

HOW TO INSTALL:
  • Extract this zip file contents to your Assetto Corsa install dir (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\) confirming overwrite for all files
  • Open Assetto Corsa and find the FIA GT Championship badge in the car selection screen...

Read more about this resource...

Naming
Although the production cars have mostly been known as Dodge Vipers, the Dodge brand did not sell the Viper in Europe. Because the new cars, named GTS-R, were built in Europe, they were mostly known as Chrysler Viper GTS-R. However cars racing in North America usually ran under the Dodge banner, making them Dodge Viper GTS-Rs. This naming difference therefore depends on location and region. The cars themselves actually carried no badging for either Chrysler or Dodge, with only the Viper GTS-R name appearing on the side of the bonnet.

Naming
Although the production cars have mostly been known as Dodge Vipers, the Dodge brand did not sell the Viper in Europe. Because the new cars, named GTS-R, were built in Europe, they were mostly known as Chrysler Viper GTS-R. However cars racing in North America usually ran under the Dodge banner, making them Dodge Viper GTS-Rs. This naming difference therefore depends on location and region. The cars themselves actually carried no badging for either Chrysler or Dodge, with only the Viper GTS-R name appearing on the side of the bonnet.
Because FIA GT Championship hosted a few races in North America, the car was most known in Europe as Chrysler Viper GTS-R.

Type "Dodge Viper GTS-R" in your favorite search engine and see the results.

Hey man do you know how to change car names in game? All cars are still called 'rss gt' in race which is frustrating when wanting to know what car it is lol. Thank you.

edit: ok figured it out!

Last edited:
- Open data.acd of the car via CM (alt+j in content page)
-The explorer will open. Now open car.ini and change the screen name and short name to whatever you want.
- Save file
-In CM click 'pack data' in the car's content page.(this will replace the data.acd file with a new one including your new name.)
- Make sure the car's folder does not have another folder called data or data-1 etc. there should only be one file called data.acd

Hope I was clear.

- Open data.acd of the car via CM (alt+j in content page)
-The explorer will open. Now open car.ini and change the screen name and short name to whatever you want.
- Save file
-In CM click 'pack data' in the car's content page.(this will replace the data.acd file with a new one including your new name.)
- Make sure the car's folder does not have another folder called data or data-1 etc. there should only be one file called data.acd

Hope I was clear.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping there was a way you had figured out without repacking the data.acd file. I just can't seem to work out why it doesn't read the names from the json file like with all other cars I changed names with. One of the Ferraris in the GT pack works fine in game, the rest of the cars in the pack do not for some reason and still say 'RSS GT'.

Cheers anyway, dude.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing