RSS GT pack discussion thread

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hello guys!

So 2 years late to the party, I bought myself the RSS GT and NGT pack from RSS for my birthday 3 days ago.
Been drooling on this mod for over half a year and pulled the trigger.

I tested the mod yesterday and its insaaane. The sound from the lambo is amazing! Tested the Saleen and Lambo so far. Great mod!

The reason I started this thread is to discuss the AI a little bit. Not sure if there are many servers running this online, so I assume I'll only play with AI.

Yesterday I did half a race in 1 car before I spun out, and half a race in second car before I got spun out, both on Red Bull ring from Kunos.
What I noticed is even after having a better line in to the corner and out, the AI's car is more planted than mine, and even after I keep up with them the first 20 meters out of the corner, they out accelerate me after that. I tried to adjust my lines to see if this could change the race dynamics, but it didnt. After corner exit even with a better car, their car is better planted than mine (default setup), and the out accelerate me. But on braking Im gaining 10-15 meters on every corner depending on traffic and scenario. My AI strength is 99% with +1% and -1% difference. When qualifying, Im 2nd last in the GT class, but middfield in race.

Is this some AI scripting that they out accelerate the player no matter what, since they are bad at braking and brake early?
Does anyone have tips for setups for these cars?

Also after buying this mod, my first paid mod, I can really see why its worth buying/donating to the modders. I'll definetly buy more mods in the future, because its worth it. Also I got goosebumps after driving the cars in VR, cars that I havent driven for almost 10 years in GTR2. A very special feeling.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%