c575157c95a1535733bff031c18d8f83.jpg

When you press 7, how many polys does it says?
575k roughly in total INT/EXT but there in 2 different scenes the interior got too complex so its not with the car,
target is 499,999 tri ill see what can be improved just before making the LOD,
but all ACC cars are 550k+

its the dawn of a new generation of content.

575k roughly in total INT/EXT but there in 2 different scenes the interior got too complex so its not with the car,
target is 499,999 tri ill see what can be improved just before making the LOD,
but all ACC cars are 550k+

its the dawn of a new generation of content.

My mind cannot handle that number, because I'm used to low poly models, around 30k.
Is that 575k the simple mesh, or after turning on Turbo Smooth modifier?

My mind cannot handle that number, because I'm used to low poly models, around 30k.
Is that 575k the simple mesh, or after turning on Turbo Smooth modifier?
Its all simple mesh ill try and get it lower later somewhat but not really a concern the shader count is not so high

I'm not quite sure what you mean, could you clarify?
well if car A is 30,000 triangles and car B is 60,000 triangles I would imagine in my mind there is either twice more objects and details, or the same amount but the car is twice smoother,
non the less from what you said appears to be twice the car no ?
ive never seen the cars just going off what I was told.

well if car A is 30,000 triangles and car B is 60,000 triangles I would imagine in my mind there is either twice more objects and details, or the same amount but the car is twice smoother,
Well from what I've seen, the ACC cars look extremely smooth and very well detailed whilst retaining a similar tri budget to the late AC cars. I'm not a professional, but surely how you use the tris is far more impactful than just the number of them in your scene. I'm not telling you how to make your models, but this is just my own personal thoughts.

More tris doesn't guarantee a better result.

all ACC cars are 550k+
For clarity's sake; this isn't true. Post by @NoseyGuyy a bit earlier was pretty much on the money.
You'll only find that sort of tri count if you literally count all 5 exterior and interior LODs combined.

upload_2019-10-4_21-20-53.png

This is my latest one for ACC; total is every single LOD combined, and the selected value (330k) is the full LOD A exterior+interior+rims etc, so the equivalent to whats being described above. The tri count for the main LOD A int/ext is largely unchanged from the latest AC Kunos cars.

Its nice people were able to believe that the cars were that 'next gen', but in the end its 'fake news', if you will :)

For clarity's sake; this isn't true. Post by @NoseyGuyy a bit earlier was pretty much on the money.
You'll only find that sort of tri count if you literally count all 5 exterior and interior LODs combined.

View attachment 327708

This is my latest one for ACC; total is every single LOD combined, and the selected value (330k) is the full LOD A exterior+interior+rims etc, so the equivalent to whats being described above. The tri count for the main LOD A int/ext is largely unchanged from the latest AC Kunos cars.

Its nice people were able to believe that the cars were that 'next gen', but in the end its 'fake news', if you will :)
Was just going from what I heard or was told, but when all said and done makes little difference there 2 totally different games, but did believe they was much higher.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%