Resource icon

Skins RSS Formula Tyre config for Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights 1.0600001

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jach submitted a new resource:

RSS Formula Tyre config for Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights - Tyre Texture

Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights (0.1.22 or later) required
1、extract extension folder to your assettocorsa folder
2、extrack cars folder to either assettocorsa\extension\config or X:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
Major credit and thanks goes to @davewilliams000 and @formulaHEINE for their Tire Packs for Formula Hybrid and Formula RSS 2 respectively.
1K textures used
i2qb3HH.gif

Read more about this resource...

No, this is only for the 3 RSS cars which are Formula RSS 2(2017), Formula Hybrid 2017 and Formula Hybrid 2018. But of course other cars can also have this feature with some tweak on the config and texture files.
I should've clarified my question better. What I meant to ask is if you set your tires to ultrasoft, your car will have purple tires, but does that mean all the other cars on the track at the same time (presuming they are the same car type) will also show purple tires or will they have a color appropriate to the tire they have mounted?

I should've clarified my question better. What I meant to ask is if you set your tires to ultrasoft, your car will have purple tires, but does that mean all the other cars on the track at the same time (presuming they are the same car type) will also show purple tires or will they have a color appropriate to the tire they have mounted?
Oh sorry:rolleyes:If I didn't make it wrong, each car will have their own colour according to their own choices of the tire compound

Thanks a lot.
But you have to be more precise in the instructions.

"extrack cars folder to either assettocorsa\extension\config"

The .ini files must be copied indeed in "assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\mods\rss"

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.
But you have to be more precise in the instructions.

"extrack cars folder to either assettocorsa\extension\config"

The .ini files must be copied indeed in "assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\mods\rss"
You're wrong...the ini file ONLY needs to be in "assettocorsa\extension\config\cars" (so of cource in any folder like assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\xx\......\xx\:rolleyes:) or Users\*YOUR NAME*\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars(which is highly recommended)
You'd better read the readme file by the author of Shaders Patch.
Hello there! I guess you want to customize that shaders patch, maybe add some parameters for cars and that? For that,
I've prepared this text file to help you with it. It might help save you a lot of time.

First of all, make sure you're NOT trying to modify stuff in assettocorsa\MODS\Shaders Lights Patch! It won't have any
affect on the patch, unless you re-enable it, but why would you do that.

Secondly, if you're going to modify any files, I recommend you to copy them in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension,
and modify them there. This way, your changes won't be lost during next patch update.

The way it works is all about fallbacks — for each parameter, patch checks first INI-file in Documents, and then the one
in assettocorsa\extension\config folder. So, for example, you can copy lighting_fx.ini in Documents, open it, cut out
everything apart from BRIGHTNESS_MULTIPLIER and set BRIGHTNESS_MULTIPLIER to 3 or something, and it won't be lost during
update, but if I'll tweak some other parameters, you'll get other values tweaked as well.

Now, I'm going to refer to the name of car's folder as car ID, and the name of skin folder as skin ID. For each car,
reading of each parameter goes like that:

· Try to find the value in CARID__SKINID.ini in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars;
· Try to find it in CARID.ini, in Documents;
· Check if there is a file ext_config.ini in car's skin folder;
· Check if there is a file extension\ext_config.ini in car's folder;
· Look for the value in CARID__SKINID.ini in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars;
· And, at last, for CARID.ini in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars.

This way, if you're making a new car, you can include configs with it. Or, Shaders Patch will be shipped with built-in
settings for various Kunos cars and mods. And, if needed, you can redefine settings locally they way you want them
to be. Again, no need to redefine the whole file, just copy the sections and keys you want to change and keep them.

Each car config can include other configs, like that:

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=file_name_1.ini, file_name_2.ini

Values from file_name_2.ini will override values from file_name_1.ini, but values from INI-file itself will have
the most priority. For included files, patch first will check files nearby, then look for files in
Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars, and then for files in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars, so you can
redefine values in commonly included files.

And, about that, let's agree to put all commonly shared includes in common folder, by the way, just to keep things
in order.

For examples, please, look for existing files, especially the ones in mods\acclub folder.

PRO TIP: Patch watches files in both Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension and assettocorsa\extension\config, so you can
just Alt+Tab out of AC to some text editor and change values in there. It should reload files immediately.

I hope this file will help you. Thanks for using Shaders Patch! :)

Jach updated RSS Formula Tyre config for Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights with a new update entry:

2018 RSS 2 V6 added & some adjustments

You may have to delete old version first:rolleyes:
  • 2018 Formula RSS 2 V6 added.
  • Textures now packed into zip. Extract the .zip files to assettocorsa\extension\textures\cars\rss

***NOTE***
The latest preview versions of Shaders Patch 0.1.23 has included already the .ini files for Formula Hybrid 2018, which I'm not gonna use, so all the .ini files should be extract to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars (or its sub folders if you like). If you want to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i have installed dynamic lights 1.22 and runned ac so i have in ac the extension folder but i can't find the extension folder in documents..., and even after making it and putting all the files as you said in the mod description i can't get it to work...

i have installed dynamic lights 1.22 and runned ac so i have in ac the extension folder but i can't find the extension folder in documents..., and even after making it and putting all the files as you said in the mod description i can't get it to work...
OK I'll look into it, be patient:rolleyes:
Maybe because I'm using 0.1.23, I'll try 0.1.22 to see whether it supports loading textures from a zip file directly.

Jach updated RSS Formula Tyre config for Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights with a new update entry:

Shaders Patch - Dynamic Light 0.1.23 Preview 67 included -0.1.22 not supported any more-

I packed all textures into zip files which the latest preview versions of Shaders Patch - Dynamic Light could load directly from, but not supported by 0.1.22 so I included the new preview version of Shaders Patch - Dynamic Light released half an hour ago.;)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Jach...FYI, you don't have to include the full content in the ini's. You can just include the TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE parts and they will be combined with the car ini's that come in the shaders pack.

Also, since I'm assuming you are in the discord, check out the updates channel on the post for lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview5.zip. There was a texture set released with that one that has all textures for the acfl, and others that are set in the ini's that come with the shaders extension. The texture set is a mod so installs the same way as the main patch. It doesn't need any ini's since they are in the main shaders install already. You should talk to x4fab about combining your RSS textures with these and uncommenting/updating them in the main ini's. Then you could just distribute the texture set on here in the MODS form. That would make the install instructions much less complicated probably. What do you think?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%