Resource icon

Skins RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 | 4K/8K Ultra HD Red Bull Honda RB16b and Alpha Tauri AT02 4.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
mod stealing.jpg
Thanks for stealing my textures just to do dirty edits to them all over! Also appreciate the lack of credit given and for not asking for my own or Marco17_ok's permission to repost our work as your own. You are a joke of a modder and a hack. Get off the forums if this is what you're gonna do.

ispano6 updated RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 | Red Bull Honda RB16b and Alpha Tauri AT02 with a new update entry:

Ultra 8K Update

This update removes all of the assets that were taken from the community pack and is replaced with entirely brand new assets created from the RSS Hybrid PSD templates.

Due to complaints that assets were "stolen" I've decided to get rid of any texture, logo, map, alpha so that no complaints can be made by anyone.

These assets are to be added to your existing community pack and can overwrite the files of the same name. None of these files were made from existing files and all were...

Read the rest of this update entry...

View attachment 471090
Thanks for stealing my textures just to do dirty edits to them all over! Also appreciate the lack of credit given and for not asking for my own or Marco17_ok's permission to repost our work as your own. You are a joke of a modder and a hack. Get off the forums if this is what you're gonna do.
Sorry you feel that way, I thought I was doing the community a service in providing high quality enhancements. I apologize for not adding credits in my post for the bits I borrowed. I've updated the skins to no longer use any of your content (or Marco17_oks) and now all textures are scratch made from the RSS FH2021 PSDs. Not a single logo, texture, alpha, or map is from either of you now.
You should know I'm not a joke of a modder, I'm a regular contributor posting content for the community simply to add high quality content.

Hey man, excellent job, thanks for this mod. There is a little thing that you should change, on the Verstappen Ultra skin, the name on the car is Perez's, but except that, it's perfect !

Last edited:
Hey man, excellent job, thanks for this mod. There is a little thing that you should change, on the Verstappen Ultra skin, the name on the car is Perez's, but except that, it's perfect !
Thanks much for calling that out. Late night blunder and I put in the wrong file and forgot to place the new HR map files. Please also don't hesitate to leave a rating, thanks!

Last edited:
4K/8K Uncompressed textures for sure looks good, but imagine doing a full set (with driver/crew textures) full of these textures: you would just loose to many FPS (multiply this for 20 cars). That's the main reason why most of the skins have a maximum resolution of 4K compressed. With this I'm not saying it's wrong to do what you did, I just would like to point out to people that there's a reason why things are done in some certains ways (just have a look at Kunos texture guide, they created the game so they better than anyone else know how it works better). Anyway you had an awesome idea of painting the nose using that 3D effect to replicate the original shape :thumbsup:

4K/8K Uncompressed textures for sure looks good, but imagine doing a full set (with driver/crew textures) full of these textures: you would just loose to many FPS (multiply this for 20 cars). That's the main reason why most of the skins have a maximum resolution of 4K compressed. With this I'm not saying it's wrong to do what you did, I just would like to point out to people that there's a reason why things are done in some certains ways (just have a look at Kunos texture guide, they created the game so they better than anyone else know how it works better). Anyway you had an awesome idea of painting the nose using that 3D effect to replicate the original shape :thumbsup:
I completely agree with you and wouldn't recommend using uncompressed files for the whole grid (hence the DXT5 compressed versions also, plus I really don't make textures other than RedBull so there probably wouldn't be a full grid). A few members complained about texture quality and immersion in VR and I was looking into alternate DDS texture compression. Some other member had an AMD specific texture compression plugin and I personally have an Intel PC and tried an Intel plugin but it was incompatible with my Photoshop. I stumbled upon Gimp uncompressed DDS and was amazed at how close to loseless the textures ended up, particular the circles and fonts. If someone can convert the uncompressed DDS using the AMD plugin and get better DXT5 DDS quality that would be great! My RTX2070 already suffers in 4K and I'm sure not many people have RTX3080s or 3090s to throw uncompressed textures so it's either solo driving in practice or just staring at the car in showroom for me :)

Last edited:
i think every skin should come with an uncompressed preset. not everyone does full grids what if ur just hotlapping, recording a video or screenshots or just racing with like 5 people.

i think every skin should come with an uncompressed preset. not everyone does full grids what if ur just hotlapping, recording a video or screenshots or just racing with like 5 people.
Not everyone understands the difference so you then would have people complaining because the game becomes too heavy for their pc even if you told them to use the compressed version.

You can do all of those perfectly fine with compressed skins.

Not everyone has the tiniest wish for uncompressed skins.

Last edited:
You can do all of those perfectly fine with compressed skins.

Not everyone has the tiniest wish for uncompressed skins.
True and it really depends on the original quality of the textures. If you have jaggies in your skin in the compressed DXT5 DDS those areas are exacerbated when running the game in 4K resolution and you really can't do anything about it. There is an increasing number of users/content creators who have really high end videocards that can push the pixels so I can understand where the desire to have uncompressed textures comes from, especially if those rigs can push the pixels and have the memory bandwidth. The downgrade in quality/pixelation from uncompressed to Nvidia DXT5 DDS is unfortunately rather large, and there seems to be a good solution in the AMD DXT Compression but again that is limited to artists with the AMD hardware. There is also the Intel Texture Works Plugin (https://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin/) compatible with Adobe CS6 and up. Fortunately I've obtained Adobe CS6 and will give it a try. At the end of the day it's important to have high fidelity originals like 32bit BMPs to convert into DDS and modern software with better compression algorithm plugins. For most people the old-school 21.4mb NvidiaDXT5 compression is good enough and the 64.3mb uncompressed is a bit taxing on the system.

ispano6 updated RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 | 4K/8K Ultra HD Red Bull Honda RB16b and Alpha Tauri AT02 with a new update entry:

In-season updates

RB16b
  • added Honda E:Technology logo
  • added Tezos logos
  • added Cash App logos
  • updated wheel nuts and rim decal
  • updated front nose area
  • Therabody logos removed and Walmart logos moved
AT02
  • added Honda E:Technology logo
  • updated carbon bits
  • added Fantom logo
  • updated wheel nuts
  • updated blue hue
  • blacked out AO area to fix white glare when draw distance exceeds a certain range
View attachment 487137[ATTACH...

ispano6 updated RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 | 4K/8K Ultra HD Red Bull Honda RB16b and Alpha Tauri AT02 with a new update entry:

In season update

RB16b
  • Added Honda E:Technology logo
  • Added Tezos Logos
  • Added Cash App logos
  • Updated wheel nuts and tire decal
  • Updated nose area
AT02
  • Added Honda E:Technology logo
  • Added Fantom logo
  • Added ICM Logo
  • Updated wheel nuts
  • Updated blue hue
  • Blacked out AO sections that caused white glare when body draw distance exceeded a certain range
View attachment 487143View attachment 487144[ATTACH...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing