Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
Finally full grid of F1 cars is done.

Time to simulate F1 race at barcelona. :D

@chargingcar did that ai_tyres.ini do anything or its just placebo that kunos devs never implemented?

anyone know how slow down some of the AI cars for example cars with skins Sauber/STR etc AI drivers being slower than Ferrari/Mercedes etc.

I tried entering manually in content manager AI strength for Sauber 95% while having Mercedes/Ferrari with 100% but it doesn't seem to work. All AI end up doing high 1:19 no matter what.

Finally full grid of F1 cars is done.

Time to simulate F1 race at barcelona. :D

@chargingcar did that ai_tyres.ini do anything or its just placebo that kunos devs never implemented?

anyone know how slow down some of the AI cars for example cars with skins Sauber/STR etc AI drivers being slower than Ferrari/Mercedes etc.

I tried entering manually in content manager AI strength for Sauber 95% while having Mercedes/Ferrari with 100% but it doesn't seem to work. All AI end up doing high 1:19 no matter what.
I recorded an ai race this morning was pretty cool to see the full grid of cars going past!

What about giving the slower AI either aabit ofoballast or restrictor to slow them?

I recorded an ai race this morning was pretty cool to see the full grid of cars going past!

What about giving the slower AI either aabit ofoballast or restrictor to slow them?

Gonna have to try that.

This does nothing. Adjusting strength individually.

2CQ8GVl.png

__custom_showroom_1525385164.jpg

Thank you very much for your superb skin of the Mercedes, this is a picture of yours vs mine. Not a million miles apart but a lot more care taken over the details with yours. I really must applaud you for your side stripes as I found mine quite difficult to do properly. My car has made its final pitstop to the recycle bin as yours has taken its place with absolute pleasure. My car just served as a placeholder for us to race a full grid, nothing more. I've followed your stream on a daily basis and picked up many tips so I thank you for that. I hope you didn't mind me pointing out the rim blur issue and I was surprised you didn't notice it in your own videos and screenshots. Anyway the whole community hopefully has benefitted from my early version to your finished deluxe version. It makes me happy that AC has a community that can all work together, share ideas and content so everyone can benefit from continued free content to keep AC alive. Well done brother, your efforts are truly outstanding.

View attachment 249744
Thank you very much for your superb skin of the Mercedes, this is a picture of yours vs mine. Not a million miles apart but a lot more care taken over the details with yours. I really must applaud you for your side stripes as I found mine quite difficult to do properly. My car has made its final pitstop to the recycle bin as yours has taken its place with absolute pleasure. My car just served as a placeholder for us to race a full grid, nothing more. I've followed your stream on a daily basis and picked up many tips so I thank you for that. I hope you didn't mind me pointing out the rim blur issue and I was surprised you didn't notice it in your own videos and screenshots. Anyway the whole community hopefully has benefitted from my early version to your finished deluxe version. It makes me happy that AC has a community that can all work together, share ideas and content so everyone can benefit from continued free content to keep AC alive. Well done brother, your efforts are truly outstanding.
Yours was getting closer by the final version. I certainly didn't mind you pointing out the rim blur, I was annoyed at myself for missing it! I think I was so focused on the bodywork that I didn't see it on the screenshots until you pointed it out, but now I can't 'un-see' it :laugh: I might go and re-do my main screenshots and the video, as I have the replays saved.
I know all the 'cool kids' paint in 3D, but I just can't get it to work for me, as I find it very fiddly as the same things applied/merged down in 3D at a slightly different camera angle can look completely different. So, the car was done entirely in 2D using content manager showroom for a live look at how it was on the car. It might take longer and be more fiddly particularly with having to warp things for curved surfaces, but I prefer being able to be consistent and using vectors and the pen tool. I can't actually believe I've only been skinning since the beginning of the year, but have been pushing myself each time with a more complex car, be it paint patterns (Jamec Pem Audi and Manthey Racing Porsche from Bathurst 12h), map file (Black Swan Porsche from Bathurst 12h), and then this - my first F1 car, and learning a lot as I went along.

For the main part of the stripes, on the side of the tub/cockpit and the side of the sidepod, I aligned a launch photo of the car with the UV map and then just used the pen tool to trace over the stripes:
41164942431_ac29b8a97d_b.jpg

The most difficult part of the stripes for me was the front of the sidepod as it was a case of making it look like the real car as much as possible but joining up the lines between the 2 parts I had traced, and the same with the ones on the turning vanes/barge boards. The stripes had an layer style applied with an inner glow and outer glow - one of the greens for the green/aqua stripes and the blue one had the same colour outer glow applied. The ones on the front and rear wings were rectangles (alot of rectangles on the front wing) which had the correct colours and layer styles applied and were lined up by eye as to what looked right.
For the shading it was a case of using a really soft brush at the edges with something like 10-30% opacity and 10% flow and building it up for a smooth transition. Also I didn't use true black (used RGB 5,5,5) after a tip from A3DR true black looses detail in AC.

I'm really glad I got to do this one, as it's the team and driver that I follow, and I did a lot of videos of F-Hybrid 17 on my youtube channel last year with the mercedes skin.

Yes I do agree it's great to have and be a part of such a community like this where we all discuss and work together to make cool stuff. I think this is the car I've had the most input on from others, as I've felt sometimes I've been staring at it for so long I think there's something wrong with it and in truth it was fine.

I've usually got some projects lined up to do next but I now have nothing, as I did have some ideas but have lost interest in them, so don't know what to do with myself now. I've been posting and checking here on a daily and sometimes hourly basis for the past 2 months or more, and now everything's pretty much done I'm afraid it will go quiet - I guess we'll all latch onto a new project that is coming along at some point. I should probably spend some time actually learning how to drive the car faster now, and learning more about the complexities of setup (particularly suspension) as I'm not good at that and just know the basics.

Yours was getting closer by the final version. I certainly didn't mind you pointing out the rim blur, I was annoyed at myself for missing it! I think I was so focused on the bodywork that I didn't see it on the screenshots until you pointed it out, but now I can't 'un-see' it :laugh: I might go and re-do my main screenshots and the video, as I have the replays saved.
I know all the 'cool kids' paint in 3D, but I just can't get it to work for me, as I find it very fiddly as the same things applied/merged down in 3D at a slightly different camera angle can look completely different. So, the car was done entirely in 2D using content manager showroom for a live look at how it was on the car. It might take longer and be more fiddly particularly with having to warp things for curved surfaces, but I prefer being able to be consistent and using vectors and the pen tool. I can't actually believe I've only been skinning since the beginning of the year, but have been pushing myself each time with a more complex car, be it paint patterns (Jamec Pem Audi and Manthey Racing Porsche from Bathurst 12h), map file (Black Swan Porsche from Bathurst 12h), and then this - my first F1 car, and learning a lot as I went along.

For the main part of the stripes, on the side of the tub/cockpit and the side of the sidepod, I aligned a launch photo of the car with the UV map and then just used the pen tool to trace over the stripes:
41164942431_ac29b8a97d_b.jpg

The most difficult part of the stripes for me was the front of the sidepod as it was a case of making it look like the real car as much as possible but joining up the lines between the 2 parts I had traced, and the same with the ones on the turning vanes/barge boards. The stripes had an layer style applied with an inner glow and outer glow - one of the greens for the green/aqua stripes and the blue one had the same colour outer glow applied. The ones on the front and rear wings were rectangles (alot of rectangles on the front wing) which had the correct colours and layer styles applied and were lined up by eye as to what looked right.
For the shading it was a case of using a really soft brush at the edges with something like 10-30% opacity and 10% flow and building it up for a smooth transition. Also I didn't use true black (used RGB 5,5,5) after a tip from A3DR true black looses detail in AC.

I'm really glad I got to do this one, as it's the team and driver that I follow, and I did a lot of videos of F-Hybrid 17 on my youtube channel last year with the mercedes skin.

Yes I do agree it's great to have and be a part of such a community like this where we all discuss and work together to make cool stuff. I think this is the car I've had the most input on from others, as I've felt sometimes I've been staring at it for so long I think there's something wrong with it and in truth it was fine.

I've usually got some projects lined up to do next but I now have nothing, as I did have some ideas but have lost interest in them, so don't know what to do with myself now. I've been posting and checking here on a daily and sometimes hourly basis for the past 2 months or more, and now everything's pretty much done I'm afraid it will go quiet - I guess we'll all latch onto a new project that is coming along at some point. I should probably spend some time actually learning how to drive the car faster now, and learning more about the complexities of setup (particularly suspension) as I'm not good at that and just know the basics.
Thanks for the reply, I did mine in just 2D also. What a brilliant idea with the stripes and painting over the image...genious. I'll certainly bank that quality idea for future stuff. I've got a day off today so I think I'll be putting in some quality laps in.

Since a few days i cannot get into 1st gear in a start grid while the lights are still on. Only when lights go out i can shift into 1st gear. I have not had this issuie before and i always start my races in 1st gear before. Now i cannot shift into gear untill all light are out. It is a big killer for starting a race. Does anyone have any idea what may have happened to my setup? I checked everything, but i am completely lost. I hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks

Since a few days i cannot get into 1st gear in a start grid while the lights are still on. Only when lights go out i can shift into 1st gear. I have not had this issuie before and i always start my races in 1st gear before. Now i cannot shift into gear untill all light are out. It is a big killer for starting a race. Does anyone have any idea what may have happened to my setup? I checked everything, but i am completely lost. I hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks

You probely have penalties for jump start disabled. Than you can't jump start (and shift to first gear before the green for that matter). If you set it in drive-through or pits, you can shift to first gear (and jump start). See attachment for the location in content manager. (It is also availble in the original client, I don't exactly know where).

Edit: spelling is hard

Attachments

• penalty for jump start.png
    penalty for jump start.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
You probely have penalties for jump start disabled. Than you can't jump start (and shift to first gear before the green for that matter). If you set it in drive-through or pits, you can shift to first gear (and jump start). See attachment for the location in content manager. (It is also availble in the original client, I don't exactly know where).

Edit: spelling is hard
Yeah, Yippeeeee! That's it. Thanks so much. I can race again :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%