Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
'Tire Colour Picker 2.0' completed and ready for testing! :D

I'll install it on a couple of machines to make sure there are no major issues before releasing hopefully tomorrow.
First test success! Installed on a new machine it's not been on before and works... well that's after I re-enabled the bit that does the copying (disabled when I was trying something earlier on) and re-installed it ;):laugh:

Tested with steam\AC installed on C drive which is the one I was most worried would trigger a UAC prompt and all ok (no prompt).

dfdf.png

Having a terrible time at making sharp logo's. Anyone having tips?

prev.png

View attachment 247413
Having a terrible time at making sharp logo's. Anyone having tips?

View attachment 247418
Depends what the problem is - is this on the hires logos file? and if so is the alpha layer causing the issue? or the logo itself?

for the ultimate sharpness you'll need to use the pen tool and trace it yourself, which is obviously time consuming, or find a vector you can download, make it a smart object before re-sizing (if using PS).

Depends what the problem is - is this on the hires logos file? and if so is the alpha layer causing the issue? or the logo itself?

for the ultimate sharpness you'll need to use the pen tool and trace it yourself, which is obviously time consuming, or find a vector you can download, make it a smart object before re-sizing (if using PS).
Another addition: (but this is absolute last resort if you're short on time and do not have any access to a vector version of a logo)

This will only work if the logo is on a single color background. Open the logo, choose magic eraser, click outside the logo once, then clean up any pixel leftovers with a %100 hardness regular eraser and then apply color overlay to the logo. Your logo is probably single color. If not, just choose the element that will be a specific color with a lasso tool, press ctrl + j (or cmd + j on mac) and then apply a different color overlay to that layer.

That's how i did the airgain and gandys logo on the mclaren skins. Thanks to @Marco17_ok for using them btw :) Took me 3 minutes.

I am using the high_res_logos.psd . A logo I find on the internet seems sharp, but when shrinking it down it has these half opacity pixels around them. Which results in a fuzzy logo. When trying to get rid of those I can't make nice shapes. Maybe I need to double the standard highreslogos resolution.

Another addition: (but this is absolute last resort if you're short on time and do not have any access to a vector version of a logo)

This will only work if the logo is on a single color background. Open the logo, choose magic eraser, click outside the logo once, then clean up any pixel leftovers with a %100 hardness regular eraser and then apply color overlay to the logo. Your logo is probably single color. If not, just choose the element that will be a specific color with a lasso tool, press ctrl + j (or cmd + j on mac) and then apply a different color overlay to that layer.

That's how i did the airgain and gandys logo on the mclaren skins. Thanks to @Marco17_ok for using them btw :) Took me 3 minutes.
I mostly use the magic wand tool (play with tolerance), cut to new layer and use an overlay color.

I am using the high_res_logos.psd . A logo I find on the internet seems sharp, but when shrinking it down it has these half opacity pixels around them. Which results in a fuzzy logo. When trying to get rid of those I can't make nice shapes. Maybe I need to double the standard highreslogos resolution.
If using 'Select and Mask' there's a 'decontaminate colours' option, which can give you a new layer or a new layer with mask. Sometimes it works, sometimes it makes it worse.
Also as SubBro said magic eraser is good I use it for making layer masks when making a map file amongst other things - be sure to un-tick 'contiguous' and it will get rid of the background in between the letters/shapes too (e.g. in the middle of the 'A') - couldn't believe it when I found that check box - saves so much time!

If using 'Select and Mask' there's a 'decontaminate colours' option, which can give you a new layer or a new layer with mask. Sometimes it works, sometimes it makes it worse.
Also as SubBro said magic eraser is good I use it for making layer masks when making a map file amongst other things - be sure to un-tick 'contiguous' and it will get rid of the background in between the letters/shapes too (e.g. in the middle of the 'A') - couldn't believe it when I found that check box - saves so much time!
Actually I meant the one on the magic wand I use for layer masks - but have used it with magic eraser too.

Thanks so much guys! I'll try to use these methods later today. One last question. Which methods do you use to show the logo's in the alpha channel? Just magic wand tool and brush them in?

First test success! Installed on a new machine it's not been on before and works... well that's after I re-enabled the bit that does the copying (disabled when I was trying something earlier on) and re-installed it ;):laugh:

Tested with steam\AC installed on C drive which is the one I was most worried would trigger a UAC prompt and all ok (no prompt).
New installer tested and working. Now just need to make some documentation/instructions and then it will be released :D
here's a few screens whilst you wait ;)...
1.PNG
2.PNG
4.png
5.PNG

Thanks so much guys! I'll try to use these methods later today. One last question. Which methods do you use to show the logo's in the alpha channel? Just magic wand tool and brush them in?
Pretty much - if you have a selection you like you can save the selection, then recall it later (select > save/load selection)... using the load selection, you can also load the existing alpha channel as a selection either as a new selection or add/subtract to/from your existing selection (although I don't do that much as I'm not always sure what the result will be) which is sometimes useful.
For alpha, generally I get what I want on it it selected, switch to the alpha channel, and then do edit > fill > black/white/50% grey/foreground or background colour (as needed) saves you having to go over it with the brush and possibly miss a pixel. Alternatively if you're having more detail on the alpha (e.g. for tires) you can prepare it on another layer by duplicating layers/merging layers/b&w conversion etc and then select all>copy merged - switch to alpha channel and then paste so it overwrites what's there already.
:)

Dave, the app crashes straight away after it says that it's searching for the AC location. When i click on the OK box, it crashes. My AC is not on the C-drive but on the D-drive. I'm running Windows 10.
Hmmmm.... I knew I should have built some kind of log functionality in to see what's happening in the event of an issue!
Is Steam installed on C drive and have a separate library folder on D with AC in? I did intend to test this configuration but it got missed.. should have done more testing! this is why it's version 0.9 to iron out bugs.
Please continue on the app support thread so we don't clutter up this one. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%