RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 - Mercedes W09

Skins RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 - Mercedes W09 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
davewilliams000 submitted a new resource:

RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 - Mercedes W09 - Hamilton and Bottas skins for the 2018 car by RSS

Presenting my Mercedes W09 skins for Formula Hybrid 2018 by Race Sim Studio!

27986735428_c224749094_o.jpg

I've tried to make this as accurate as possible, but some adaptations are needed as some parts of the RSS car are a different shape to the real Mercedes. The stripes on the sidepods and on the tub/cockpit sides were traced on from a photo though so are correct.

Thanks and credits to @Marco17_ok for the amazing helmets,...

Read more about this resource...

__custom_showroom_1525385164.jpg

Thank you very much for your superb skin of the Mercedes, this is a picture of yours vs mine. Not a million miles apart but a lot more care taken over the details with yours. I really must applaud you for your side stripes as I found mine quite difficult to do properly. My car has made its final pitstop to the recycle bin as yours has taken its place with absolute pleasure. My car just served as a placeholder for us to race a full grid, nothing more. I've followed your stream on a daily basis and picked up many tips so I thank you for that. I hope you didn't mind me pointing out the rim blur issue and I was surprised you didn't notice it in your own videos and screenshots. Anyway the whole community hopefully has benefitted from my early version to your finished deluxe version. It makes me happy that AC has a community that can all work together, share ideas and content so everyone can benefit from continued free content to keep AC alive. Well done brother, your efforts are truly outstanding.

@ClimaxF1 thanks for the good review. Just wanted to discuss your points...
"Any chance you could make the Petronas logo larger and match the silver of the W09"
regarding the silver, is it too light, too dark in your opinion? I did have it lighter (in fact the hex colour code for silver), but it was showing up white a lot of the time so I had to make it a bit darker, and also someone said I should make it a bit darker for that reason. Also it depends what PP filter is running as well as to how it looks.

For the Petronas logo, presumably you're talking about the lettering on the sidepod.... I have looked at my PSD and I still had the launch pic aligned to the sidepod from when I made the stripes:
petronas logo comparison.PNG

I can see it doesn't look an exact match (the one from the skin is on top of course), but bear in mind the RSS sidepods and the real Mercedes ones are quite different in shape, and also the the curvature in the reference image has not been flattened out, so I think it's pretty close (the S at the end is the same height), with a bit of 'artistic licence' given the shape of the car is quite close in most areas - you can actually see on my stripes are on top of the reference image and do match exactly though :)

Not having a go and saying you're wrong. Not saying I'm wrong either. Just a discussion ;)

@ClimaxF1 thanks for the good review. Just wanted to discuss your points...
"Any chance you could make the Petronas logo larger and match the silver of the W09"
regarding the silver, is it too light, too dark in your opinion? I did have it lighter (in fact the hex colour code for silver), but it was showing up white a lot of the time so I had to make it a bit darker, and also someone said I should make it a bit darker for that reason. Also it depends what PP filter is running as well as to how it looks.

For the Petronas logo, presumably you're talking about the lettering on the sidepod.... I have looked at my PSD and I still had the launch pic aligned to the sidepod from when I made the stripes:
View attachment 249785
I can see it doesn't look an exact match (the one from the skin is on top of course), but bear in mind the RSS sidepods and the real Mercedes ones are quite different in shape, and also the the curvature in the reference image has not been flattened out, so I think it's pretty close (the S at the end is the same height), with a bit of 'artistic licence' given the shape of the car is quite close in most areas - you can actually see on my stripes are on top of the reference image and do match exactly though :)

Not having a go and saying you're wrong. Not saying I'm wrong either. Just a discussion ;)

Am aware that one has to make some adjustments to fit the car, the logo does look a touch small.

Comparing the two one can see the difference but I also haven't worked on this chassis.

Also the airbrushing at the back should be blended in with race number.
mercedes-w09-eq-power-2-jpg.237190

41811901022_ab01299cc2_o.jpg

As for the filter yes the PP filters can have affect but still do think that it looks a bright.

This is the silver which I used for my custom version which is the same silver I used for last years model for Assetto and a different type of skin pack which I did and the color looks pretty good.

nMgu1T5GSz7Hcrt6qKIkjbl152Ac_hwqBk5oc_sHo1gcdai7Wgqr36SKsy0F0LsNBd6Li1IzN3R99mcabhrU3M0sLjQyvMGnx4xH4Fg0Om7AeyVrjrGglD-UBgeyFRJ_G7whxzFsM9XWbIS6AtEDB1TjppF968BD55Jzfy5pt5e75TNtVYCpTaVDtUK55OVjJpSBVTOKF7pzdzDUzMNgdo1_MVs_1l7kBlMY_n3EkANTH_gxLu6OnQ5Co5M6SzRhG2qVPTgsRdwY9mMofIxAUxB8JNuSFNpUiDCaFI2P6pQ7QjDXn-PWeZ-xz9qtNmxWrQ1rpkU0Gxkdz6cnxutThMhRwKxS6M1Xs2iK9LoA_MDBG-a0BFuRZ6BuiNxaIxeXs3IT8KsMl6mWiik6lYy3FGlB6YDUvb9Z-0wZnMskNuAqrNlRdgQzhoiRAEQKaYJ2UVSdASAo1mmHfFz7tondhRugPlkt_udgxMeDjybXAtyWP1DEgq-eoxvto30z7oIzCtIjkWNupjdCtkWgiyghRqb9w9UcK7GobRPFJtPqJZwb0QyV3cmEpEdmRv1ezGoQOaVXOFwgJD-WyF-0TxgcDCr_vaU_TQOQCKRpkhC8=w904-h457-no
lotus_3_racing_mercedes_benz-jpg.220793

These are small things that I noticed but please don't misunderstand me. I'm not complaining, I know what it takes to pull a skin like this off and hats off, you've done an incredible job!

davewilliams000 updated RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 - Mercedes W09 with a new update entry:

George Russell sets a new lap record at the Hungaroring! (and sharper graphics)

In honour of test and reserve driver (and current F2 championship leader) George Russell setting a new lap record at the Hungaroring, I have added a skin for him to this pack.

30055842308_5c9cb43604_o.jpg

Added missing 'N' sticker on top of the cockpit...

30055842138_0c6fb1d8ff_o.jpg

I've also re-done all the hi-res layer graphics using the newest techniques I have recently learned to make them...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back