RSS Bayro 6 mod Steer Assist question...

What exactly is the steer assist option in the setup? Never heard of that before and was wondering if it is something that exists in the real life car. I think it's default setting is 100% and I don't want to use it if it's like cheating.

I think it simply adds or reduces weight to your steering wheel.
No it doesnt, FFB gain does that.

As far as I know its a gamma curve for the FFB signal, so 100% is completely linear. Its used to try and reduce the FFB amount at high speed, so you can get decent feedback at low speed without clipping at high speed.

If you have a decent wheel, I wouldn't bother moving away from 100.

T
No it doesnt, FFB gain does that.

As far as I know its a gamma curve for the FFB signal, so 100% is completely linear. Its used to try and reduce the FFB amount at high speed, so you can get decent feedback at low speed without clipping at high speed.

If you have a decent wheel, I wouldn't bother moving away from 100.

I believe you are correct. After posting this, I tried to reduce it to 0 thinking it would turn Steering Assist off and all it did was make my wheel shake constantly. So it does have to do with FFB. RSS should consider relabeling that option to avoid confusing dummies like me, or at the very least, change the help pop up text to explain exactly what it is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%