RSRBR2012 Released

Okay, so I cleaned my laptop and re-started. Installed game from DVD(I forgot the path should have ended /RBR and not only /Games, so I had to throw all files into a new RBR folder) and applied both patches(1.02 seems like it's on my DVD too).

Now when I install RSRBR2012, do I select only my games folder /Games or do I go directly to /RBR as path direction? I seem to have forgotten:S

RSRBR should automatically find your RBR install.
However, if you have moved the files after the installation, that may cause you some grief somewhere down the track. Your registry will point to the wrong location.
If I were you, I would un-install RBR and start again, and make sure RBR is safely installed to a known path.
I'd suggest installing RBR into C:\Richard Burns Rally.
Then your registry should always install RSRBR and it's future Updates into that location.

When I changed the path from the default one, I forgot that the game forgot to add /Richard Burns Rally as folder at the end, thus threw the files into the /Game directory rather than into a new RBR folder inside the Games folder(Know what I mean?).

I can delete and do it again(I'll have to copy my SavedGames folder out), would you re-start your PC or laptop before you do so? Since I installed from DVD, I'll have to un-install RBR from my system branch and install again.

I don't really follow what you are doing, but to un-install RBR, do it through Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs) to make sure all registry entries are removed. Also make sure to delete any remaining files from your previous RBR installation if there are any remaining.
Then, re-boot the PC and install as normal from the DVD. Make sure to change the path when the install path appears before installing.

Hmm, something else that slightly confused me:

The number I want to take this year(same as last year) should have been under the reserved ones when registering, but it's not. I guess I just go and take the number now even though it should have been reserved and forget about it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back