RSRBR2009 setup / install problems

RSRBR2009 set up window goes a really long way into the installation of the main mod then gives me the following error message.

C:\Windows\system32\stdole2.tlb
unable to register the type Library; Register type lib failed;code
0x8002801C
Error accessing the OLE Registry

3 possible button selections i the window

Abort Retry Ignore

Ignore leads to anotehr error message
Retry leads to the exact same error mesage
Cancel does just waht it says.

I am trying to install the MOD into the main RBR directory at

Program Files/Eidos/richard burns rally which is the default path in the setup screen window so I believe its correct.

Can someone help me get this going? Already cringeing thinking about all those other friggin patches waiting in the wings........

Thanks!

I haven't encountered that message.
Can you give a bit more detail eg. Which Windows are you using? XP, Vista, Win 7??

Unfortunately for you, they have just upgraded to RSRBR2010, released yesterday, so even if you get RSRBR09 up and running, it may be time to upgrade, and they suggest starting from a clean install.

Look here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/27466-rsrbr-2010-released.html

The good news is that this is a great Rally Game (by far the best) when you get it running.

Eric, maybe this gives you some leads:
These are from the Tutorials for installing and using RSRBR2010 from the Rallyesim.fr site.

1. Some info for people using Vista or Win 7 (using Google Translate):
http://translate.google.com/transla...lyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=431&sl=fr&tl=en

2. And from the main Tutorial:
◦Follow the instructions and remember to check the path to your original game

■installation may take some time, please wait
■dll files can open windows error: click IGNORE (These dll files are present on your computer)

Maybe if your problems continue, it might be best to start afresh with a clean install of RBR ( but using another location eg. C:\Richard Burns Rally , this is what I used ) and jump straight to RSRBR2010. I'll be moving to RSRBR2010 very soon, and I think Aaron is currently testing it.

Sorry you are having problems, and will probably have to download a heap more stuff for RSRBR2010, but it will be worth it.

OK So I go get the BIG download for the 2010 mod and installed it without a hitch or glitch or hiccup or fart!

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=3022 I used the Rallye Sim server option and it was flawless!

the mega upload options were not working despite me having an account there!

Rumor has it that the next club event will be in the 2010 edition anyways so you'll have to wait another week or so for me to "Crush the Shrubs!"

Installed everything to a tee, but getting black screen on game launch. I can hear audio but nothing on screen.

Here are the steps I took:

1 - Created RBR folder in C:
2 - Installed RBR
3 - Downloaded RBR2010 and patch plus complete car pack
4 - Installed mod
5 - Logged into RSCenter
6 - Clicked Go
7 - Black screen.

What could be the problem guys? Could be its 3:30am and I can see about 6 screens infront of me

I need a lot more info to try to help Abdul.
1. What resolution is your monitor? What sound card do you have?
2. Can you post the contents of your Richard Burns Rally.ini (it should only have a few lines) here please? You can see my .ini file data here: http://www.racedepartment.com/richa...-today-need-help-few-issues-2.html#post470190
3. Did you try running the default game (not using RSRBR2010)? You can do that by launching from the Richard Burns Rally icon on your desktop. Alternatively, in RSCenter you can launch the game using "Launch Richard Burns Rally SSE".
4. I assume you went into the Options in the main RBR game and configured everything.

I had problems initially when I first installed the game, until I made sure the resolution of my monitor was set up in my Richard Burns Rally.ini. Some resolutions wouldn't let the game run for me.

I had to install RBR on my laptop this week, and this is basically what I did.
Install RBR.
Installed the two official patches
Created my profile and configured all my options
Ran the game to make sure the main installation was working ok. It was.
Then installed RSRBR2010 etc.

Once we know that your base RBR is working ok, then we may be able to see if you are having problems with RSRBR2010.

Warren got it working after un installing RBR and mods. Installed again but adjusted screen res as per your suggestion to my screens optimum res. Happy days doing scandinavian turns(yea right).

Thanks alot for your input.

Glad you got it going Abdul, I think you will love the driving model and physics in RBR, very realistic, not easy though, but great once you learn not to push too hard and just keep control (aggressive tail sliding control on the gravel that is :drool: ).

Re the monitor resolution stuff, with my Laptop installation, I found that you could use some lower resolutions but it is "suck and see" to some extent. Make sure you check the Settings screen in RSCenter too, and set the resolution ratio in there too. I use 16/10 there for my monitor.

I hope to see you join us in the RBR Racing Club sometime, we are small but trying to grow, and none of us are alien drivers either, plenty of crashes and spills into trees, over cliffs etc. We just love the challenge of these Rally stages. :D

Just installed everything and tried the school and more or less seems all ok, BUT I cannot ALT+TAB out of the game. The screen goes black and I cannot return to the game. I can start the task manager and kill all fine than. Any idea?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%