RSRBR 2012 question

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Matt555, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Matt555

Matt555

Ratings:
    +1
    Guys i'm not a computer geek and the RSRBR2011 was my first download from the series.
    I need help,i know the date for the RSRBR2012 is 5 days away. So,if i want to switch from 2011 to 2012 do i have to delete everything?...i mean the RSRBR2011, and the updates and the full carpack? Any advice is helpful,thank you very much.
    Matt

2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,829
    We will have to wait for the release of RSRBR2012 before we know for sure.
    However, with previous annual releases, they have always strongly recommended installing it to a fresh, clean, copy of RBR.
    I would expect this release to be the same.

3. Matt555

Matt555

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you warren!...I meant for a RSRBR mod,what to do with the 2011 edition and a full carpack and updates...delete all or something else?.But guess i have to wait for realese to find out.....

4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,829
    I think you will still be able to keep using RSRBR2011 into next year if you wish.

However, when you want to install RSRBR2012, I'd say you will need to un-install your RSRBR2011, the car packs, and probably Un-install RBR as well.
    Then re-install, RBR, and all of the RSRBR2012, car Packs etc so that you start with a fresh install.
    That is usually what they recommend.

Alternatively, you may be able to install a second copy of RBR and set it up for RSRBR2012 and have both, but that may be risky and use up a huge amount of disk space.