RSR Formula 3

Cars RSR Formula 3 v4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
just one comment. downshifting fast seem to give no damage to the gearbox. for me it seems like the gearbox is too forgiving and you are able to brake unrealistically fast with extreme downshifts. has this been looked into?

Hello. I would just like to say (as feedback) that after a great Tatuus FA race in Barcelona with the new AI I tried a race in the F3, but the whole grid went out in Turn 4 (Repsol), on every restart, without contact. I have no idea if a modder can influence the AI behaviour of their car, just wanted to share my findings in case a new update is planned.

Cheers.

PS.:
If you or someone wants to test it, it was Barcelona GP, 24 car single make grid, 98% strength, 5% variance, 85% aggression.
With official cars the same settings do not produce the issue, regarding modded cars the Leon Cup did not have the issue either.

Did they spin out? There is a noticeable jolt when downshifting to 2nd gear, maybe the AI cannot blip the gas in sequential cars and lock their rears when shifting to 2nd. Does that happen on other tracks as well, eg. Red Bull Ring?

I'm aware of the issue with AI, but I didn't have any time to have a look at it.
I hope to find some time in the next weeks.

If anyone want to help on this, any input is more than welcome.
Thanks

We got some news :whistling:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/have-your-say-show-us-your-mods.134695/page-2#post-2465517

Few weeks ago the new season of the Formula 3 has started, with an important evolution of the old car (the one we've previously modelled). We've watched the first races, got very excited, and, just for fun I've started cracking some numbers. The first "test mule" as fun to drive, we saw potential, so we kept working on it and little by little the new beast is taking shape.

In those years I've collected tons of technical information of those cars. I just needed a good excuse to glue them together. This is a huge step from the previous car (it should be since it'10 year newer than the F307).
New engine, much more powerful, new suspensions geometry, new aero (much more downforce).
I'm modelling the new physics with care, and with the same attention to details, to get as close as possible to the real car.

In pure RSR style, this is not just the old 3D with a new nose and diffuser, but just a completely new scratch made model. Mario and Maurizio had this much more refined model in the bank for a while, but we've never released it to avoid losing compatibility with skins. The new 3d model is more detailed and optimized and looks gorgeous!

I've very happy that a very talented sound designer, @NeverKrash , has decided to help us for this new project, so our new car will also have his own engine sound.

zitzseF.png

In the meanwhile, the new car is growing fast.
Here is a small preview I've just received from Mario and Maurizio.
VePrRFZ.jpg

@Henrique Alves (SRS) contacted me a couple of days ago. We are defining tracks and format.
On the 28th of August a new RSR F3 championship should start on www.simracingsystem.com
Looking forward to race once more.

I'm also very happy that our car has been chosen for the US races here at Race Department
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-racing-club-leagues.171/

Thank you all for keeping the interest high on our car, while waiting for the newer version.
My plan was to work on the new car during my holidays, but I didn't dare to switch my laptop on with with 40 degrees air temperature :sleep:

@Andrea Lojelo thank you for update!
Comparing to netKar Pro online racing with open wheels in AC is kind of second-class citizen. I don't like idea to have many open wheel cars in simulator - it makes community a kind of divided.. Better idea to have 1 car per class (F1, F2, F3..). I'm getting frustrated with online racing in AC and start looking for something else.. maybe Raceroom

The new championship on SRS has already started.

The first week has been already really interesting, with more than 150 drivers showing up, and 3 servers up every single day. Join us for some more fun on SRS! We will race at Spa until Sunday, and then going for a nice selection of tracks that fit very well the characteristic of our car. Get ready for a lot of overtakes, and great battles.

See you on track.
lAR2vwx.png

Last edited:
That is actually as intended. I've calculated the min/max anti roll bar values on the setup based on the min/max Axle Roll Stiffness that this car could have (based on very detailed specifications of the car). This calculation includes also the contribution of suspension mountings, uprights and so on.
With disconnected rear anti-roll bar the number the contribution of the ARB is therefore negative to give the numerically correct axle roll stiffness.

That is actually as intended. I've calculated the min/max anti roll bar values on the setup based on the min/max Axle Roll Stiffness that this car could have (based on very detailed specifications of the car). This calculation includes also the contribution of suspension mountings, uprights and so on.
With disconnected rear anti-roll bar the number the contribution of the ARB is therefore negative to give the numerically correct axle roll stiffness.
Thank you for the answer. Interesting solution. Will test it! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%