AC RSR Formula 3 @ Zandvoort - Mon 07 Jan 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks @Craig Dunkley for putting on tonight, I only like Zandvoort 'cos it reminds me of my favourite Kart track, which is less bumpy :p:laugh:

After last night's GT3 race I decided before the start I'd take it easy and enjoy it, not fight too hard and settle for a pleasant flight home... hit twice on the first lap :laugh:

Still had good fun, tyres were in the red with 10mins to go so 'Senior-Moment-Guy-That-Sits-On-My-Shoulder' had to be watched carefully:ninja:

Really good of @RobertR1 to share setup, thanks for that buddy, I've attached mine too, but probably not as good as yours Robert! A bit too much understeer but I'm sure peeps can improve on that (ignore the file name, just what I based it on).

Congrats to the winner and thanks again guys:)

Attachments

• rsr f3 brands qualijp zandvoortv2.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 146
I did not realize Robert had posted his setup, I may well have tried it, I was not happy at all with my setup, I was still playing around with it during qualifying. I love this track but it is a very demanding track. you need a good setup and default on this track is a no no.

There was a huge pile up in the second corner, first lap, which also caused a knock effect during the first half of the race, faster drivers ended up behind slower drivers ect ect ...The drivers responsible has sent a message to every driver that was in the event, basically apologizing, I am glad he did do this.

Congrads to the podiums, it was well deserved ...hope to see you all next week.

Congrats to everyone who finished the race.
Lots of people quitting early surprised me, didn't leave me much competition.
I raced against my fuel gauge until I stopped 2 corners before the end.
It was a good race anyways. Could have been better if more people stayed.
I don't know why but tyre wear didn't affect my laptimes and stability much at all.

I used my mostly default setup that ran well at Redbull ring and yeah, it wasn’t good at all...
Enjoyed the race though, not sure why so many quit, if they had stayed then maybe they would have made up positions as not many had the right amount of fuel (me included but coasted over the line to take 4th in the end!)
I’ll try that setup that Robert posted and see if I fair any better.
Cheers

Hello,

Overall nice event, first time using my new wheel I got as a gift (a modest G29, but I need some time to adapt) so I was not really happy about my pace but in the end qualified P7.

T1 went well, made up a position then got affected by the pile up after that. Drove a peaceful race losing one position, and then got a power outage 13 minutes in a race, basically now I know my flat can't handle electric heating, my gaming rig and my girl baking a cake in the oven. :whistling:

Hello,

Overall nice event, first time using my new wheel I got as a gift (a modest G29, but I need some time to adapt) so I was not really happy about my pace but in the end qualified P7.

T1 went well, made up a position then got affected by the pile up after that. Drove a peaceful race losing one position, and then got a power outage 13 minutes in a race, basically now I know my flat can't handle electric heating, my gaming rig and my girl baking a cake in the oven. :whistling:

That is a valid excuse for quitting the race. At least you were rewarded with a cake. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back