AC RSR Formula 3 @ Mosport - Mon 21 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Denis I am not 100% sure that I can race, assuming you are still going ahead with this event?

Apparently BT (my internet provider) have informed me that something (can not remember) in the local exchange needs to be replaced and is happening sometime late afternoon today. When I tried to narrow the time down (aggressively) all I got was between 4pm and 10pm and would most likely be offline for around 20 mins :mad:

I'm at work and on my phone. I've been in two minds, thinking that we might get some late sign ups.
However, if people want to race, they need to sign up earlier than this. Craig, would you do me a favour and amend the thread title to "Event Cancelled" please?

THIS EVENT HAS SADLY BEEN CANCELLED

I am sorry, but due to lack of interest this event has now sadly been cancelled.

We do not take any event lightly, but all things considered, we felt this was the best course of action to be taken for everybody concerned.

Please accept our sincere apology, we look forward to your continued support with future events.

A private message has been sent to the drivers that had already registered for this event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would've loved to race with you guys, but I'm switching internet providers at the moment. Therefore I'm offline for now. I'm hoping this event gets a second chance (even though it got cancelled)..

Too bad. I hope there will be some singleseater racing one way or another :unsure:

I do also Alex ..but I am worried, down to five registrations does not make the event viable, I believe you need a bear minimum of ten drivers and fifteen plus, to make an entertaining race. Tariq tried, when he was on staff and after a few weeks his entries became really low, I tried, same again, started off with 14+ entries which went down to five or six, now Denis is trying ...at some point you have to give up :(

What car would you suggest?

I really like these cars as I’m new to them, maybe the higher spec version? Never driven it but maybe it’s faster?
Maybe it’s the tracks that some people don’t like?

As one of the slowest drivers I have to say I did not think this combo was very difficult. Of course, I've been on this track IRL and been driving it in sims for as long as it's been available.

Why don't I sign up? Two things for me,:I do have a dislike for being the last one running at most every event I enter and my PC doesn't seem to like some combo's and can make my laptimes in the race up to 10 sec a lap more. I may have a solution for the PC problem, we'll see.

Than
As one of the slowest drivers I have to say I did not think this combo was very difficult. Of course, I've been on this track IRL and been driving it in sims for as long as it's been available.

Why don't I sign up? Two things for me,:I do have a dislike for being the last one running at most every event I enter and my PC doesn't seem to like some combo's and can make my laptimes in the race up to 10 sec a lap more. I may have a solution for the PC problem, we'll see.

Thanks for your response Dennis. I don't think it's too difficult, but then... I'm not exactly quick, myself. But seriously, there must be a reason why people who enjoyed this car over the past few weeks, didn't wanna race this combo. Maybe people are bored of the car? Maybe they don't like the track? Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

Than
Thanks for your response Dennis. I don't think it's too difficult, but then... I'm not exactly quick, myself. But seriously, there must be a reason why people who enjoyed this car over the past few weeks, didn't wanna race this combo. Maybe people are bored of the car? Maybe they don't like the track? Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.
Sorry it's not worked out so far Dennis, and if work allowed I'd have signed up, albeit knackered from last night's race! I love this car, because it's (..or I find it) difficult to get right.

-------------------------------------------------

TLDR warning:p

For what it's worth - and only imo:
1. It's Monday, 'bleh day' for many, so perhaps an uphill struggle.

2. Monday might need something a bit different to entice those that have raced Sat and Sun - maybe a different car each Monday from a batch (so ppl can get their head round a few with advance notice), for example:

- BMW M3 (or DTM mix) for sideways fun and mistakes aplenty.

- The F3 car used now on tracks that test its extremes (tighter tracks, cos it's underpowered) - and use the more powerful version on the faster tracks maybe?

- The very lively SEAT Leon - the only front wheel drive car that got big attention here regularly).

- The AC Formula Ford mod - this is how beginners began(!), basic car craft on testing circuits, and from where Aliens were born!:D I seriously believe peeps of all skill levels would be into this, but then I did the Jim Russell course in the 70's so I would say that:p

- Any cars that are NOT track cars to have minimal set-up, maybe anti roll bars and/or springs? Though not sure if you can do this on the server? The BMW M235i was a great example... maybe after couple of months of 'a following' this could be increased as ppl get more confident and chat about set-ups etc.

3. I know this forum isn't into lap times 'cos it puts ppl off (allegedly!), but what if everyone kept a record of their results in each race? Then every month make a separate thread for a 'noggin 'n natter' (or even on TS) and vote for 'most improved', 'cleanest racer', etc etc. **More a point of making Mondays a monthly event with an end result in sight, so to speak. You'd probably get feedback and popular requests too. We could have virtual beers too:ninja:

I've just been made redundant (1 mth before my 65th birthday, the utter bar stewards!), so I'll be joining your Mondays soon Denis:thumbsup:

**I'm saying this 'cos last May my avg finishing position was 17th and wish I'd kept a record of how times changed - and even if they didn't, I've had shed loads of fun and met great people:thumbsup: Thanks to you, Craig and the other mods for all you do:)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years