Rseat RS1 vs Playseat Revolution

Good day everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my rig and I'm considering the Rseat RS-1 or the Playseat Revolution. I know the RS-1 is better...but is it over twice the price better?

The RS-1 for me in Switzerland is about 750, while I can grab a Revolution for about 300. The center column has never really been an issue for me as I raced karts for a long time and that's just how they are. It's more about seat comfort and stability. I don't get to drive as much as I used too, but I still want a nice option. I currently have a homemade frame with more of a formula seating position and my back is saying "no more".

Has anyone out there had both or actually used both and could give me a comparison?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Curious Any chance of seeing the DIY rig ? 99% of the time the Sore back is due to improper pedal angle's....Been there Done that before. Moved my pedals a few times, Now no more sore back. ;)

Upvote 0
I don't have a pic handy. Unfortunately the pedals don't adjust and it's low slung. It's getting harder to get out of it (particularly after long sessions).

Upvote 0
I don't have a pic handy. Unfortunately the pedals don't adjust and it's low slung. It's getting harder to get out of it (particularly after long sessions).

I haven't used the seats but here is some fruit for thought.
About a year ago, I was also looking to buy a rig (unless my rig is in the garage, I don't see myself putting a DIY one on display at my house ;)) so was looking for a compact and good looking rig. RS1 was the one that immediately caught my eye but just like you, I was questioning if it's not overpriced.I ended up getting the CSL from Fanatec and although I am relatively happy with it, if I have to do it again, I would get the RS1. Every time I see a photo of it, I wish i bought it and probably in the not so distant future, I will get it (getting the tripple monitors stand from them now).

Long story short, the RS1 now will cost me even more as I already spent money on the CSL and will end up getting it in the end. So yes, if you like the RS1 one more, go for it.

Upvote 0
Some DIY rigs are FAR more pleasing to look at VS the Retail side of thing's. Just because some aren't very pretty and get the job done, does NOT mean you cant build something that will BLOW the Competition out of the water. You just have to be creative and build with aesthetics in mine.

Ive seen some 80/20 setup's are Are LEAPS and bounds better looking than say an Obutto Revolution or a RS1. Ive also seen some MDF builds that are again Way Nicer to look at than a Chunk of metal slapped together with some shiny bolts.....Remember Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Upvote 0
Some DIY rigs are FAR more pleasing to look at VS the Retail side of thing's. Just because some aren't very pretty and get the job done, does NOT mean you cant build something that will BLOW the Competition out of the water. You just have to be creative and build with aesthetics in mine.

Ive seen some 80/20 setup's are Are LEAPS and bounds better looking than say an Obutto Revolution or a RS1. Ive also seen some MDF builds that are again Way Nicer to look at than a Chunk of metal slapped together with some shiny bolts.....Remember Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Fair point, I am just not sure I will be able to achieve better results...I certainly think alu rig is the most versatile option as you can add/remove as many things as you like.
If i find something slick looking (the simpler the better) i will definitely consider it :)

Upvote 0
Ya Galin, I understand that building it yourself isn't For Everyone, But i try and push it when i can. There level of satisfaction from DIY'ing it is WAY up there compared to clicking "buy it now" and its infinity adjustable to What ever you want down the road.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years