RSeat RS1 & DD

Njdrover

10RPM
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
I currently run a T500RS on an Rseat RS1. Even this wheel does cause a slight flex in the base support and definitely flexes in the pedal deck (Fanatec V3).
I was hoping to get some feedback from anybody running a DD wheel on this rig and how it stood up to the job. I am looking to upgrade to DD in the coming months and was trying to decide if purchasing the Rest pedal deck upgrade would be ok or if I should bite the bullet and buy an 80/20 rig and be done for the rest of my sim racing career.
I would prefer to keep costs down, but do love the look of the Sim Lab rigs.

MetalRush

Old fart picking up simracing... please make way!
Jul 26, 2015
Why not build your own, with 80/20 or 40/40 profiles?
I did... it's not difficult. When interested I can share my setup (with measurements).
Great about building your own: you can change or expand if/when you like.

Njdrover

10RPM
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Why not build your own, with 80/20 or 40/40 profiles?
I did... it's not difficult. When interested I can share my setup (with measurements).
Great about building your own: you can change or expand if/when you like.

Thanks Metal
I am also looking at this and have priced up a design based on what I've seen available. My difficulty comes when trying to design an adjustable pedal deck, which is easy/quick to move. Others use the rig, not just me. The Sim Lab P1 looks ideal, but raising the pedals is more difficult. I haven't seen anybody selling bespoke brackets separately (for obvious reasons), although Sim Lab do sell the wheel deck which looks a solid beast.