RSeat -- presales customer support -- Nnnnnk

This is my first post here.

I have tried to contact RSeat with some questions about their S1 offering, using their web-based support portal and also an email to their sales department, over the last two weeks or so. (Their live chat thing doesn't work at all.) Result: total radio silence. Here I am, seriously contemplating dropping US$1500 on a rig, and they are unresponsive to my pretty basic queries. It makes me very leery about sending an order their way. What have other folks experienced with them? I am so underwhelmed at their (lack of) response thus far... I was really looking forward to buying some of their stuff but... It's not gonna happen if I don't get some pre-sales love.

cheers,

Dave.

I remember that I was buying rSeat before Christmas 2 years ago and they took also quite long to respond because they had too many orders, but they responded eventually and everything went smooth after that.

I was beginning with SimRacing back then and thought rSeat would be last cockpit I will ever need but now I will be switching to 8020 rig, because it's much more customizable. If you might be adding some motion (for example - https://opensfx.com), tactile etc. in the future I would reconsider rSeat, it's much easier to customise 8020 rig. But I must admit I like how their rigs look.

I might be able to mount rSeat on top of the motion platform, but it would be too much custom work and center of gravity of the seat would be too high.

Just some food for thought :).

Upvote 0
I also looked at the RSeat but decided on a Sim-Lab P1 and I've never once regretted that decision. I've made so many modifications to it so easily whenever I wanted to, that I know I would have felt very restricted by the RSeat. It just doesn't have nearly the flexibility I that I've enjoyed.

Upvote 0
Thanks gentlemen for your replies. Ironically I started out wanting an 8020 rig, but it seems that it's mostly only available from overseas companies (I'm in the US) and the shipping costs are very steep, so I started looking at alternatives, which led me to the S1.

Part of the appeal of the S1 setup is the flight simulation add-ons. FS is really my first love (30+ years, plus RL airplane and heli flying) and I'm very new to racing (courtesy of a new TS-PC wheel and T3A-Pro pedals). I was hoping to double-duty my simrig setup. I know I can still do that via 8020, and will re-investigate that approach. Cheers!

Upvote 0
I should add that I'm not very interested in having to saw/finish my own parts -- I want something that pretty much bolts together. I'm lazy that way ;^) .

Upvote 0
Nothing wrong in being lazy, but I find it astonishing that people are willing to shell out hundreds of euros (or dollars, or pounds) extra to a company that just sends you a pile of aluminum profiles with connectors. I mean, I am sure that in the US there are hundreds of companies like DOLD Mechatronik, from which you can order a bunch of aluminum profiles cut precisely to a millimeter (thickness of toenail, or something like that in imperial units) length you define on your order form.

I am building my first simrig right now, I decided to go with 80x40 profile to make sure it's stiff enough for the SFX-100 which I am also building. In the end I made my own design on paper, but if you don't want to bother there are ready made designs available, and you can pretty much just print out the list of items you need and order based on that:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

There were some calculations around, while profile is relatively cheap, the connectors is what eating most of the cost, so getting something from companies like sim-lab turns out not that much more expensive after all things add up. Plus with sim-lab you will get some custom made pieces like wheel decks, monitor, shifter holder, etc.
And sim-lab designs are top notch.
But yeah, there is always hassle way if you want to save some pennies.

There was also some guy in US selling relatively cheap basic alu rigs on ebay, can't remember seller name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I ordered a bunch of extra connectors, bolts and profile from Sim-Lab because their costs were about half what they were from 8020. 40 series profile is not cheap and Sim-Lab have some excellent custom parts like the wheel mounts pedal mounts and the accessory mounts made out of very thick material. They now have mounts for the NLRv3 and D-Box along with multiple Fanatec shift mounts etc..

It would not have saved me much at all if I ordered everything myself and the P1 chassis I have is solid as a rock. Not only that but the design is clean and flexible. I have modified and modified and modified my P1 chassis over and over again and it is very well thought out.

You could order their vertical wheel mount and the pedal deck by themselves along with any accessories you wanted and then order your own profile, if you really wanted to. I've seen workable 8020 solutions without these well engineered parts specifically designed for sim racing chassis, and they are functional but they always look clunky and are not as easily adjustable.

Upvote 0
I just sold my rseat n1 last week and bought a simlab p1x for the same reason. I have a simucube 2 pro and found that the cockpit had a lot more movement than i liked. While driving in iracing with ff at about 50% the whole rig would shake. Also I noticed some flex in the pedal tray. I just got the simlab p1x delivered yesterday and can't wait to put it together.

Also I wanted something that I could mount a nextlevel

Upvote 0
You'll be very happy. There is ZERO FLEX with the SC2 Pro! NADA, NONE, solid as a rock. No shaking with the SC2 Pro at 100% and the NLRv3 motion. Sim-Lab now has NLRv3 mounts available that will submerge the unit, although not quite as much as I did with the 2x4" angle aluminum. I've taken some liberties with the original design, but I've always been able to do whatever I wanted with it.
NewSeat_4423.jpg

Upvote 0
It feels great! I had a CS 1.5 but like this much better.

I think it comes into its own without the extension. I like a firm center spring and the Pro Sim has an adjustable center spring that can be set where I like it.

Upvote 0
Can I ask what seat that is, not only looks good but looks really comfortable.
I like the material it is made from, looks like suede or some sort of velvet material.

Upvote 0
It's this. It actually is comfortable. It has dense foam padding. The only bad news is that my seat transducer doesn't get through it very well which is probably what you would want in a car.

Upvote 0
Nothing wrong in being lazy, but I find it astonishing that people are willing to shell out hundreds of euros (or dollars, or pounds) extra to a company that just sends you a pile of aluminum profiles with connectors. I mean, I am sure that in the US there are hundreds of companies like DOLD Mechatronik, from which you can order a bunch of aluminum profiles cut precisely to a millimeter (thickness of toenail, or something like that in imperial units) length you define on your order form.

I am building my first simrig right now, I decided to go with 80x40 profile to make sure it's stiff enough for the SFX-100 which I am also building. In the end I made my own design on paper, but if you don't want to bother there are ready made designs available, and you can pretty much just print out the list of items you need and order based on that:

Not really :(

The main profile supplier here is super expensive. This is a situation where living in the US is a real set back in your into 8020. I believe the main European profile supplier offers better deals. I needed several corner bracket / bolt / cover kits and it was much cheaper even with international shipping to order it from Sim lab Vs the local US supplier! How Sad.

Upvote 0
I want to thank everyone here again for the dialog -- it's been super helpful, and I am back on the 80/20 wagon.

For some reason I can't seem to put anything into my SimLab cart (something like "that can't be ordered right now", and I'm talking about the frame bits, not the seats, which they don't sell to US customers). So I'm currently pricing out MonsterTech bits. Tips on any other sources are welcome.

One of the things I really liked about the RSeat S1 is that it has not one but two fwd/backward adjustment plates, for the seat and pedal tray. I am thus far having a hard time finding a seat/seat mount solution for the MonsterTech setup that has fwd/bkwd adjustment -- any suggestions? (preferably a US-based company, for shipping cost reasons.)

Also, I have the "version 1" seatpost-mounted Buttkicker setup from several years ago -- I am hoping that I can just clamp the transducer somewhere to the 80/20 frame -- will that work?

Finally -- this is not a question, just a tip -- for any Assetto Corsa drivers out there -- I highly recommend giving the Pagani cars (Huayra and Zonda) a spin. They are a blast to drive -- the Zonda has an amazing "whine" to the sound that makes it sound a bit like a jet.

cheers,
Dave.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%