Resource icon

Cars Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dinca Andrei submitted a new resource:

Rover Mini 1.3i Cooper - A very early release of the Mini MOD for everyone to test and enjoy

We have released the MOD in early stage for testing so have fun whit it and please read the release notes,thank you.
___________________________HOW TO INSTALL____________________________

1. Using WinRAR or a similar program, extract the folder
'rover_mini' to the following destination:

Read more about this resource...

@Samuel Fuller, this is the twin-point injection Mini, which had a 2.76 final drive ratio for better motorway cruising than previous Minis (plus it help to beat new emissions standards and noise regs at the time. Although it has a lot more power than the 998, the FD ratio does blunt the acceleration slightly. So basically engine and gearbox data is as close as possible to the real thing within the limits of AC. The step versions that are coming out will change all this though :)

Forgot to add: there's tonnes of info on my website, although some sections aren't finished yet.

from errors.txt;

INIReader: content/cars/rover_mini/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/rover_mini/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [ITEM_2] UNITS

Just minor issues, not show stoppers. Fun little car. Look forward to the step versions.

The Step 1 and Step 2 versions are out now, in a separate download at the moment until we release the next full version of the mod, which I will upload here. Download here.

The base version seems not to have enough power to even hold speed in forth gear, is that by design? (tried Monza 1966, and on the straight, when I go from 3rd to 4th it slowly looses speed, down shift @ >140 km/h)

Other than that, I like it :).

@Samuel Fuller, this is the twin-point injection Mini, which had a 2.76 final drive ratio for better motorway cruising than previous Minis
Sourced from Mini drivetrain specs online
Hello Friend, I believe there is a multi point injection model of this mini with a final drive much more suited to regular and track use. I believe it's the European model and I found the specs including gear ratios (identical to the ones you have provided) and final drive (which I believe could be changed to subjectively improve the mod).

I'm sure you have tired this many times but I made a comparison video of the difference the change makes.

I'm a huge fan of all the work you guys have done and have been waiting for a sim Mini to drive for a long time. I would love to help in any way I can to help test the car and help the progression of the mod. As a previous owner of a Mini (although mine was a Mayfair 1275) I guess I have a little experience of the real thing although no track time.

I'm also wanting to make a proper mod overview video that will be reasonably objective but very favorable as I'm having a great time with it. I am running my own tweaked settings but I guess that's what alpha is all about right?

Hello Friend, I believe there is a multi point injection model of this mini with a final drive much more suited to regular and track use. I believe it's the European model and I found the specs including gear ratios (identical to the ones you have provided) and final drive (which I believe could be changed to subjectively improve the mod
Hi, thank you for the link. The reason I went with the 2.76 final drive for the mod is simply because that's what the real car has (all MPis did have the 2.76, at least in Europe - Japan might not have because they kept the SPi engine - but that's getting complicated...). And, I wanted to replicate my Mini as closely as possible too, because it is almost 100% stock. :) But you're right, a lower FD ratio is way better for track driving and just general low-speed driving, and its an increasingly common swap which many owners of MPi Minis do when their gearboxes need rebuilding (I might put a 3.2 in mine when the time comes).

But that's why I created the S1 and S2 - I knew a lot of people would probably find the stock version too slow and underpowered, so that one is in there really just to give people an idea of what a 100% stock Mini is like. Also, even the stock version in AC has negative camber front and rear, and the optimal toe/caster setup for a road Mini - not identical to the real life stock suspension settings. Again, because I knew people would probably complain if the car had positive camber like the real one. :D So I had to make a few small compromises so that people would enjoy it more.

I could very easily add another step version with stock power but a lower FD ratio, but to be honest most people would probably go straight for the S1 and S2 anyway which would defeat the object.

The base version seems not to have enough power to even hold speed in forth gear, is that by design? (tried Monza 1966, and on the straight, when I go from 3rd to 4th it slowly looses speed, down shift @ >140 km/h)

Other than that, I like it :).
Yes that's as designed, pretty much see above. 4th gear on the MPi/Mk.7 Minis was purely for cruising. Top speed can be achieved in 3rd. So, unless you have a long downhill section, 4th is pretty much useless for track driving. No need to use it.

Maybe just open the final drive ratio on the stock? Although I guess it's not so realistic? There is a website I'm sure you've seen that has a list of the common ones.
Exactly, that's why I haven't done it so far. I think the S1 and S2 fill that gap better anyway to be honest, and it's more realistic that way.

Just finished my first overview video for build 0.1...I hope everything I said was accurate if not please feel free to call me out on it. I'm having so much fun with it. Also just downloaded the S1+S2 but won't be doing an overview until a formal 0.2 release.

Keep up the great work guys!

Please do a 1275 GT version. I had a 1380 1275GT that was amazing but I crashed it. would love to drive that car again. I have a 3D model of the 1275GT in OBJ and FBX format.

Suspension animation
yoJC2sGo9b9FuI6DZe.gif

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%