[ROUND 9 SPA] PJD vs TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Grégory Cogotti
Team: PJD

Reported car: Andreas Loffler
Reported Team: TBR

Description:

Andreas braked too late in the first corner, into the first lap. He hit Grégory Cogotti on the rear. Grégory's car was damaged and he have to pit in order to repair.

Talked to Andreas. He said he didnt knew he hitted someone. He thought he just passed the car on the inside.
But he looked at the replay and saw that he hitted the PJD car.

Personal opinion looks like that car is hit by missle instead of a car. :D

I believe Andreas, sometime hits are very strange, maybe a micro lag can amplify the contact, and the rain too. The problem is that my race was ruined in the 1st lap :( Don't worry, i'm not angry, everyone can do a mistake like that (me the first). I prefer to have a race ruined by an opponent instead of a stupid minidump or a bad internet provider :)

I can't seem to get a handle on how this is judged any more..
For the last couple of races we have hade judgements for Lap1 T1 incidents. They have been judged "harder" than if it were any other corner.
Except this one... Strange..
+30 sec since it is L1T1.

John, the reason people are voting 15 seconds (like last week on your team's car) is because there was lag. I think all T1 incidents have resulted in a 15second penalty, I can't recall any 30second penalties on Turn 1 corners.

John, the reason people are voting 15 seconds (like last week on your team's car) is because there was lag. I think all T1 incidents have resulted in a 15second penalty, I can't recall any 30second penalties on Turn 1 corners.

In the incident with Fredde at Donny there was no damage except loss of position (hence +15 sec is "ok").
At Trois Rivieres Dragos Haba got +30 for an incident a lot closer to this one with damage to the disadvantaged car.

That's why I'm confused..

In the incident with Fredde at Donny there was no damage except loss of position (hence +15 sec is "ok").
At Trois Rivieres Dragos Haba got +30 for an incident a lot closer to this one with damage to the disadvantaged car.

That's why I'm confused..

oh...how could I forget that one :D:D Very true, Dragos did ruin Jack's race in the other team's view in that incident, here it was just some damage, but Greg could still race on. I stand-by my view on WAR, we shouldn't let the team bosses decide, as that will always end up in disagreement or "Oh, he voted harsh against us that time, lets vote harshly against him" There should be 1 or 2 independent people who look at the incidents and make their decisions.

@John and Ross: we did not go for the +30 even though it was t1 l1 because the lag was evident and I also have the feeling after watching this several times also on my own replay that it was the lag which sent the Project D car off in that crazy line, where usually a touch that lightly would have resulted in maybe losing the line but not smacking full force into the wall. That at least is my view. As for independent inquiry: who on earth should that be?

FO voted for +30sec. T1 and Andreas overshot his braking by far, he couldn't take the corner normal anymore. Lag wouldn't have make him brake to late, he took to much risk. I wonder however why there was such a big hap infront of Grégory, this may have put andreas up to take more risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%