AC Round 8 of 23 Formula Agile@Barcelona Thu, 1st Jun 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry for leaving before the race... My kid called me crying and begged me to help for some presentation about Brasil which is due tomorrow...
Duties of a parent...
Here's what we did during the last hour for those who are interested ;-)
1685651207201.png

Sorry for leaving before the race... My kid called me crying and begged me to help for some presentation about Brasil which is due tomorrow...
Duties of a parent...
Here's what we did during the last hour for those who are interested ;-)
:)
Ah so nice to read these things and then realize with a feeling of joy that you don't have to do that anymore:)! Just like children's birthday parties:mad:.

What an idiotic event for me, lol.
Didn't drive AC at all since the hotlapping at Albert Park.
Got caught up before the event so joined with 5 minutes left of qualy, did some laps, adjusted the fuel, psi and pitstop strategy and then my AC crashed for the first time in years.

Quickly went back one version of CSP and re-joined, forgot to load the setup and went into the race with the default setup.........................................................................................................
Understeer from hell!

After an unlucky coming together with Paul, I dropped to the back and Jason was driving circles around me. I didn't understand....
Then I decided to get fresh tyres, adjusted the fuel over 3 laps but since I didn't load my setup, the tyre change wasn't activated.
So I refueled and didn't change the tyres.

When I got blue flags from Ernie and understeered onto the grass, I decided to just drive straight into the wall at the hairpin. Why not, that was just pure frustration lol.

Teleported to the pits, finally loaded my Melbourne setup, adjusted the PSI & fuel and went SECONDS quicker than before and started to unlap myself.

Sorry to Hank for getting too close for comfort. I really didn't want to overtake you before I couldn't trust the car with the new setup but you didn't know that and probably had to look one time too often into the mirrors :(

After that, I had quite some fun pushing my PB and further unlapping myself, until everyone disappeared and my partner came into the room, asking if my internet would be down too :thumbsdown:

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry at this point :roflmao:

Connected again a minute later, loaded my setup, made it a bit more aggressive and pushed for a better PB and did quite a good lap after the session finished, which according to the linked results, makes me 2nd fastest of the evening :sneaky:

I can't wait to do some proper racing with you guys again! Can't get much worse than today haha

Nice race! Bit sweaty now :cool:

PB in practice, couldn't repeat it in Qualy, but ok time. Race was quite allright, was pretty cautious at the first corners, losing a lot of positions, but stayed alive, managed to avoid some spins here and there, picking up some freebees. Was able to get a steady pace right inbetween Han and Thomas. Quite suprised I wasn't eaten alive by Thomas :cool: We all did our little and bigger little mistakes and then the guys in front of me pitted halfway. I thought I'd give it one or two more laps full send, but ended up wide at the last corner for the first of three spins at the straight. A shame actually, because tonight I had the feeling I could lay down a decent race, Tyres were red dead when I entered the pits for fuel and rubber. Happy with a bit more grip afterwards. Was kinda in nowhere land, started to lose focus and spin out by just touching some gravel exiting last corner, stupid #2, did the same a few laps later, Fulvio picked me up, Axel did that a few laps later after I went weirdly wide left just on the straight, not even at the exit :cool: #3 stupid

All in all a fun race for me, didn't kill anyone so that's worth some points I guess... had a hard time setting things up for bumpy corners and some icy kerbs.

Congrats to the flying podium guys, wickedly quick again. Thanks Marcus and Han!

Last edited:
Congratz to the podium , hard race not knowing my pace until the race (i was having a break after a race on sgp with f3's) after couple laps found the rythym , some good overtake and Ernie was already thinkin about a fight i want his reaction when he saw my braking point :'D . in the end really good race on my side some slides additional points here and there ty Markus and Han as always for hosting

Sorry to Hank for getting too close for comfort. I really didn't want to overtake you before I couldn't trust the car with the new setup but you didn't know that and probably had to look one time too often into the mirrors :(

No problem, my spin had nothing to do with you. In this situation, I was mentally already in the next turn and had my foot on the gas pedal too early. :thumbsup:

That Rotter Fulvio got me good and proper, was not expecting that. I was thinking how to stop him getting by and how best to attempt another hopeless defend. Then wham, took me by surprise, did not expect that sort of late brake.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Still do not like this thing, it spoils me for other cars like Han said, I now expect all cars to go where you steer, then I get a shock when I am again in the Abarth.:O_o::roflmao::roflmao:
Easy race for me on a circuit I like, followed Hank till he pitted, hoping to get him on the pit stop, not to be, so decided to keep pace and not try anything I might regret.
luckily for me he took a spin. Leaving me a good gap. That left rocket Rasmus, try as I may could not keep up, but at least it got me though the remaining laps.
Great event Marcus, at last a good circuit for this thing.:confused:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%