Round #7, Germany: Post-Race Discussion

Ben, I just want to say that you stopped and tried to press ESC on the worst place and time. You only had to move forward on the grass, but you didn't.

Again, last time I only had to pull forward an inch to clear the racing line and it cost me a BOG for moving and y'all say i should stay put and let drivers go....I.but I've said my bit just needed to clarify that bit.

Q1 was fine. Got first time in Q2.
Unfortunatly I made a mistake at T1 and screwed up :-P
so P10.
The start was good. I found a very nice line and was catching 2 guys, At P8 I got to the hairpin, where the 3 drivers in front of me weren`t able to decide who may take the corner first :D
So I had put some glue on my rear tyres and there you go. P5 :-P
My pace was very competitive and I even only was safing tyres most of the time.
Unfortunatly I got hitted by Dan, when he returned to track after going through the gravel. From there on everything was screwed up. I spun on curb. Not sure if I had some slightly damage.
Than at Lap 32 I think, my pc freezed while I was overtaking Sander. I hope I didnt hit you mate.
All in all: Top5 would had been easy possible with a little bit more luck and less wreckage and chaos on track :-P

I`m really looking forward now to spa, to finish, what I started here...

Very good Q with 4 GS cars in the top 5. It was the first time that I was in the first row of the grid but I wasn't confident at all because I started in the dirty side and I though that Rens would have passed me.
Fortunately I could overtake Christof in turn 1 and keep the position for half of the race. Rear tyres were a nightmare, I was struggling in braking and turn exit so I couldn't make a bigger gap with Rens. A few laps after the incident with Ben, my steering wheel started to decenter and it was impossible to drive, also with all the concentration lost.

It is not very nice to see how you are beaking your ass of what could be your first win or podium and a backmarker spins in the middle of the track and don't try to get out of the way. Then you go to the broadcast and see how the commentators are laughing for your crash and making fun of it several times.

We all complain about the Pro drivers and bla bla bla.. but we just need to race with our brain. I can understand a mistake but there are things that are completely illogical. Anyway, I hope it'll help us to the future.

Congrats to Rens and the rest of the podium.

The tyres and my reasons for retiring the car have nothing to do with what happened. If you look back to Imola incident I was penalized for moving in the exact same scenario how is this any different? People react to situations via operant conditioning you can't change the rules from race to race...and to be fair it's not like I continued I was in the process of retiring the car...I'd be curious to know if the game displayed the yellow flags from my spin ....
In Imola you spun and you moved to the racing line. Today you were in the racing line and you just needed to push the throttle and go to the grass. That's not the same situation mate...

Yeah great battle Rens. About the hairpin incident, thats racing ;)

memed7373f7de945ee6a.jpg

Then you go to the broadcast and see how the commentators are laughing for your crash and making fun of it several times.

I'm pretty sure both Chris and I weren't pleased with what happened after you were having a great race. Even though we couldn't describe how unfortunate the incident was for you while you were pitting straight after, I don't really think we were 'making fun' of it but rather how ridiculous an incident it was (that ruined your race by the way).

Have no idea why I'm even replying to a comment like this.

Do I have to close the thread again?

PS: Not sure if tonight I will have Post-Race Checks, depends if logs are ready or not.

PS2: The ones who asked for deleting a penalty (Rens Klop, Jonathan Holmes (x2), Adrián Falcón (x2), Ben Eastman, Dmitry Zaharov, Mike Partington, Renan Lopes) will be investigated in case of massive cutting.

My Qualy was really good. On q1 i struggled a bit, i didn't brake as late as possible because i didn't want to make a mistake, but than i realised that i have to push in Q2 as i always do, and don't let the pressure getting the upper hand on me. Which worked ones again, quite good. I've made only one mistake which costed me 2tenths but managed safely pole. The race start wasn't good, when i shifted into the second gear my engine died half way, and than adrian could get side by side and i didn't know if he has the balls to stay on throttle or not, for the first corner. So i let a bit of gap between us to not crash. Sadly Ren could pass me because of that on the first lap. Than my first stint wasn't really fast at all, i think i saved the front tyres a bit too much on my first 3-4 laps and than i've got too much grip on the front and the rear couldn't keep up anymore, and had to drive safe till the stint was finished. Second stint was alot better which is crazy because i forgot to change my wing in the Pitlane and i didn't like the soft tyre at all. And in the race the tyre just worked. But than on the last lap after ren pitted i was going wide somewhere, and lost alot of time and after that i failed to stop at my pitcrew and had to use reverse xD. That gave ren 4 seconds extra and yea that was just too much for the last stint :D.

I'm quite unlucky. I had a good race pace but I could not turn the way I wanted. In qualifying I could not turn, and then I realized I was having problems with the steering wheel just in the warm up. I have tried 3 times to turning off the PC, but it did not work. I deployed the same on the grid and magically it worked, but completely hard. I had never driven with the steering wheel so hard and it was really difficult. I had no feeling, it was difficult to fit at the right point in the curve.

We hope it will be better to spa

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years