Round #6, Silverstone: Post-Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
9684f91ba1ea5b7f2433988a8c5b4e48.gif

:redface:

I'm not trying to blame Georg for that, but he did brake early and move to the right after moving to the left after the start.

It's the first bloody turn. Maybe the guy behind should look in front of him for what's going on instead. It's not like Georg stopped dead or something stupid.

Qualifying was horrendous, so I started 20th. Start was fantastic as usual and after 5 laps I was running 12th. And then I had a spin in Copse which destroyed my tires, had to change the tactic. Finished 13th. Happy with the race considering everything.

Eduard Kõre

My qualifying was absolute bs, even worse than some of my results from 2012. So, I started 17th. Was really scared and curious about the start.

But, luckily, I got through without further trouble. Was 11th already after T4.

When it was my time to stop for hards, I forgot to change to them so I picked medium again. Then I caught a huge group of cars (or a train, whichever you prefer) and went through it, and had a big moment in the end of one lap, but I don't think I was quilty for it.

Then as I stopped for hards my objective was to catch Sander. I did, but never got past. I was close to him at one point, running side by side but he had the inside line. I also had a huge mistake behind him and that blew my chances...I finished right behind him, 4 tenths shy, in 9th place...

Overall I'm happy with the result considering the starting position but I could've been higher...7th or maybe even higher without the pitstop mistake in the first place.

Pole surprisingly. Really expected "Imola style" race for me. (really difficult with low confidence)

1st stint was very comfortable and no problems. Then in the second stint I had really good gap and didn't know how difficult it is to keep reasonable pace with no one around.

So I tried to do low 34 in second lap of hard tire stint like in testing and messed front left up by first locking it up and then overheating it. Rookie mistake really so a bit bummed. Then I had to look at the tire for 19 laps and had to lift a lot in fast right handers especially. Rens catched me a lot so wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep the lead.

In last 5 laps I was really thinking that I'll lose the front left but I had to drive a bit faster than I would've liked to with Rens putting a lot of pressure. Felt really good to win on track after all kind of troubles.

Nice job Rens also. You had lot of trouble also and still 2nd.

Mikko Suokas

Seriously guys this is ridiculous! Every single race there is incidents and today is no exception. It's atrocious that we are 50% through the Pro season and we are still having stupid mistakes that should be minimal, but are constant. The videos that are posted are great examples of this. Poor Carlos; now he has got to go through all the incidents and your making a difficult job, harder. Not fair on him. Fantastic job by Mikko and a well deserved victory. Guys seriously sort it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%