AC Round 6 of 23 Formula Agile@Imola Thu, 18th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I actually didn't want to mention it and just skip the race in Monaco (alternative) as I often did in the F1 games. Driving for an hour in a row without overtaking doesn't sound really exciting.

In a nutshell: Battenbergring instead?

Just a thought.... :thumbsdown:
Actually Markus and I see this championship as an opportunity to give a F1 like experience. A track like Monaco/Pau is part of it.
Personally I would like see Monaco removed from the F1 agenda for a nice track like Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Sepang...

Actually Markus and I see this championship as an opportunity to give a F1 like experience. A track like Monaco/Pau is part of it.
Personally I would like see Monaco removed from the F1 agenda for a nice track like Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Sepang...
I absolutely understand. Like I said, just a thought.

Contrary to my very vocal contributions earlier (aka "my big mouth") I´d like to suggest to convert the "fence running competition" in Pau to two 25min races with the following reasoning:

who (not on drugs) can concentrate long enough and keep this thing out of the armco for an hour on end?

Contrary to Han´s wishes ( be realistic, man ) we will see a plethora of ****ups, brainfarts and mishaps from everybody so pileups will be as often as once a lap. Doing a 7point turn in a race of oncoming cars or standing the wrong way around behind a corner and getting blown to smithereens by the next guy ignoring the yellow flags will be a common occurence.
So some people will have to teleport back to pits to safe the race for others, in a double header race they at least get a second chance.

And not least this track is brutal, car and driver really get a beating here. after 25min my hands ache

example-573236201.jpg

Last edited:
Contrary to my very vocal contributions earlier (aka "my big mouth") I´d like to suggest to convert the "fence running competition" in Pau to two 25min races with the following reasoning:

who (not on drugs) can concentrate long enough and keep this thing out of the armco for an hour on end?

Contrary to Han´s wishes ( be realistic, man ) we will see a plethora of ****ups, brainfarts and mishaps from everybody so pileups will be as often as once a lap. Doing a 7point turn in a race of oncoming cars or standing the wrong way around behind a corner and getting blown to smithereens by the next guy ignoring the yellow flags will be a common occurence.
So some people will have to teleport back to pits to safe the race for others, in a double header race they at least get a second chance.

And not least this track is brutal, car and driver really get a beating here. after 25min my hands ache

View attachment 665061
It's Markus @abecede his call.

Thank you,

we all appreciate your commitment. I think most drivers will see the advantage in the two race solution.

1h races would be more prudent to the longer, wide open tracks a la Spa.
( Don´t worry, I won´t bring this up ;))

(YET)

Good Night to ye all Carsten

Hm, The Wheel Of Fortune has spoken... But can be overruled I guess, if there are more votes for 2 races than 1 race. I'll make a forum post with a poll tomorrow. (Can't today anymore...)
The wheel of fortune has spoken. Please leave it as it is.
A good sub for Monaco which has all the same problems as Pau.
Some of us prefer the hour races as it can allow you to recover after mistakes are made. I have practiced on the track and it is easier to drive if you DONT treat it as a sprint.
It is what it is.
It aint supposed to be easy
Just my opinion

Steve,

You have a point here.

On the other hand is the falling participation in our races a sign that the difficulty may be a little high for most casual sim racers.

So we can choose between gatekeeping the difficulty (shouldn't the race be 2,5h then?) and make it more accessible for bigger fields.

Meyer can i ask you something , i saw you didnt partecipate at the 2nd race in imola right and i also saw you made a mistake on race1 now if the race was only 1 in 1h would you have continued or not with the possibility of gaining back some position . i think long race can make the grid more consistent but if the vote are in favour for 2x25min still ok with that

No, I wouldn't have.

I was completely frustrated and decided to call it quits.

I expect Pau to go the same way as there going to be loads of mistakes which will lead to road blocks.

I believe 25min makes it easier to keep concentration especially on this taxing track.

The grid has never been large right from the start of the series but does now contain a steady solid group who enjoy the format.

Yes Carsten, i would be happy if it replicated the real time of an F1 race.

No Fulvio i am not ok with 2X25 as it was not what we all signed up for at the start.

Carsten, i lost My VR when i was in 1st place on track and finished last a couple of weeks ago followed by missing a round on holiday. I went from 4th to 11th overall while you before the last race was in 4th place.
Point i am trying to make is, we all have **** days and circuites we would prefer not to deal with but at the end of the season i am sure we will look back and say it was fun which by the way it is!

I am having, which we all know is rare for me better control of this car and series than most of what i race with you guys so i am just going to say when i am struggling you don't hear me asking to change the game and if for once i am nearer the sharper end than the tail, I am not going to be comfortable with the goal posts moving all around me.
Lets just get on with the challenge we are faced with.

Thats all i have to say and look forward to the next race whatever is decided for me

I probably see Steves point of view, especially as I dislike these car so much, so I feel that makes me agreeing with Steve more poignant.
I do not like the LMP1 cars and that included the GTE class, but that is 100% down to no ABS available. Not so much with the GTE class, but it is still annoying to continually lock brakes. But I can not except every to bend towards me,, so I suck it up and hope for a race car that suits me.
None of the above was really meant to be more than just my point of view.

I really struggle to get much satisfaction from this car either in practice or the race. And to cap it all when I finally get into a car I like, I am now programmed with the huge grip these things give you. It is a lose lose for me.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Ok then, if I may recapture your opinions:

:pSHUT UP AND DRIVE, MAN :p

On the other hand I´m not an overpayed pro driver and if what should be a relaxing past time in reality becomes a dreaded chore and brings additional frustration in my life why on earth should I do it?

So you do you and I will see which races of the series will fit into my life.
As the points don´t depend on participation this should not bother the guys "at the pointy end"

Have a nice weekend Carsten

Ok then, if I may recapture your opinions:

:pSHUT UP AND DRIVE, MAN :p

On the other hand I´m not an overpayed pro driver and if what should be a relaxing past time in reality becomes a dreaded chore and brings additional frustration in my life why on earth should I do it?

So you do you and I will see which races of the series will fit into my life.
As the points don´t depend on participation this should not bother the guys "at the pointy end"

Have a nice weekend Carsten
You hit the nail on the head there, Carsten. It's impossible to make everyone happy. Markus does a great job with this championship but it's understandable that participants skip some races they don't like. There's nothing wrong with that. If BrandsHatch was one of the F1 tracks, I would skip it too.

Last edited:
I probably see Steves point of view, especially as I dislike these car so much, so I feel that makes me agreeing with Steve more poignant.
I do not like the LMP1 cars and that included the GTE class, but that is 100% down to no ABS available. Not so much with the GTE class, but it is still annoying to continually lock brakes. But I can not except every to bend towards me,, so I suck it up and hope for a race car that suits me.
None of the above was really meant to be more than just my point of view.

I really struggle to get much satisfaction from this car either in practice or the race. And to cap it all when I finally get into a car I like, I am now programmed with the huge grip these things give you. It is a lose lose for me.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
This shows how different people can be (and that's a good thing). Ernie is always about 0.5 second faster than me and he's certainly more clever in the race to stay out of trouble. We both love the Abarth so there's the similarity. But regarding the Formula Agile we have totally different opinions. I very much enjoy driving it a day after a race with the Abarth. The grip on the front is so much better compared to the Abarth. I also like the similarities with F1 cars like the noticable downforce, the changing tyres temperatures and the degradation of them but on a scale that the car doesn't get difficult to drive like a real F1 clearly will. So a great choice of Markus to select this car:thumbsup:.

And especially for Ernie: I think we considered the Skippy for this but as we wanted you to join, we abolished that idea;).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back