[ROUND 6 ALGARVE] COR vs MAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Flavio Borgna
Team: COR

Reported car: Car1 & Car2
Reported Team: MAG

Description:

During the warm-up lap the cars in front of Flavio slow down in the last corner before the start/finish line.

The two "Motor AG" cars overtakes Flavio and others drivers, before crossing the start/finish line.

I am shocked to see this.
Its not only flavio they overtake but its at least 5 cars and both of them. And not only due to the incident, they keep on accelerating with no respect for the rules what so ever.
Pritty sure the second MAG overtook again just before the S/F line an other car (not sure which one)
Half the teams can file a report for what happened here.
if we alow this then all hell brakes loose on the start.
Sry but only the hardest penalty for such a disrespect of the rules and to other teams by both MAG cars.

I am afraid I agree with Tom, this action shows a blatent disrespect for the rules that have been laid out for all teams.

However I think there needs to be a look further up the feild to see where and why this accident has happened.

Not good at all.. But if u may suggest something, its just a suggestion, i dont want any respond in this thread.. lol.
But we have had incidents 2 races in a row now, before the start.. Maybe we should change the rule, so when the leader exit the last corner, its green.
Now we have to drive almost half the S/F straight, and its hard to keep your right foot stable :p

A was racing in a swedish league a few years ago, and we had green flag when we exit the last corner, never had a problem.
Same with Sim-Challenge, never a problem.
Dont know if it have been problems here before or problem free, but its just what i think is the safest and easyest way to control the start.
And Ofc it still isnt allowed to pass before the S/F line.

Again, plz dont respond to this in this thread!

Garcia, feel free to delete this post if u dont like it in this thread......

Hey Rickard, why should I delete it? :tongue: It is ok if you post yor point of view, and specially if it is constructive criticism. The matter here is that we have already discussed that... will consider the problem and procedure again.

In my eyes, it looks like the cars in the back of the group disn´t payed the needed attetntion to the cars infront, and one car missing a breaking point means all the cars following him, paying attention or not will miss it aswell. The rolling start procedure wroked pretty well always, so I am a bit surprised it started to fail now.

Hello guys!
First of all i want to appologise to all of you and i agree if this race will not count for us,we diserve it but please listen to me also :(
When i saw that in front of me 1,2,3,4,5 cars at least were having problems and started to crash intro eachother i was afraid to brake because in my back were another 1,2,3,4,5 cars and it would produced a carnage before the race even started.
I didn't know what to do and what reaction to have but all i know was NOT BRAKE,this can ruin all the race.
ALSO,there are cars that lost all the control and spin on the circuit...the cars were several places in front of me..what should i do?pull over and wait all of them pass me again because the rule say we can't overtake before the start/finish line?
I really think that would meant the race over for us,and also there is the FOC driver wich spun and all of the field overtook him..on who i can blame this?It's an pure incident and i didn't overtooked anyone who didn't crashed there...i was behind David Garcia before the start/finish line and i stayed there.
About Caramidaru i cant pronunce as i didn't know he continued to overtake before the start/finish line.
All in all,there was a crash and totally mess and i just couldn't see all of the drivers to be able to realise wich of them are still in front of me and wich not,so i decided not to brake because would caused a bigger mess and to go straight and put my self behind the first car in front of me wich was David.

Again,i know there is a rule it seems i breake,but in that moment really didn't have what to do:(
And again,i agree if this race didn't even count for us...the situation was hard and i think we chose the harder way...sorry.

I was riding slow as i know something can happen,but in that corner all of us started to gain speed and isn't about the braking point,there was the START of the race!Some one spinned and other 4 cars crashed each other when the race started,if i would stopped there i would passed the start/finish line when the 1st place would had lapped me if you know what i mean.

Please everybody try to take a look over the hole replay in that moment to see what i am talking about and look from my car or a car that shows the beginning of the crash and the end.
Thank you.I will give us -8points.

Hello guys!
First of all i want to appologise to all of you and i agree if this race will not count for us,we diserve it but please listen to me also :(
When i saw that in front of me 1,2,3,4,5 cars at least were having problems and started to crash intro eachother i was afraid to brake because in my back were another 1,2,3,4,5 cars and it would produced a carnage before the race even started.
I didn't know what to do and what reaction to have but all i know was NOT BRAKE,this can ruin all the race.
ALSO,there are cars that lost all the control and spin on the circuit...the cars were several places in front of me..what should i do?pull over and wait all of them pass me again because the rule say we can't overtake before the start/finish line?
I really think that would meant the race over for us,and also there is the FOC driver wich spun and all of the field overtook him..on who i can blame this?It's an pure incident and i didn't overtooked anyone who didn't crashed there...i was behind David Garcia before the start/finish line and i stayed there.
About Caramidaru i cant pronunce as i didn't know he continued to overtake before the start/finish line.
All in all,there was a crash and totally mess and i just couldn't see all of the drivers to be able to realise wich of them are still in front of me and wich not,so i decided not to brake because would caused a bigger mess and to go straight and put my self behind the first car in front of me wich was David.

Again,i know there is a rule it seems i breake,but in that moment really didn't have what to do:(
And again,i agree if this race didn't even count for us...the situation was hard and i think we chose the harder way...sorry.

I was riding slow as i know something can happen,but in that corner all of us started to gain speed and isn't about the braking point,there was the START of the race!Some one spinned and other 4 cars crashed each other when the race started,if i would stopped there i would passed the start/finish line when the 1st place would had lapped me if you know what i mean.

Please everybody try to take a look over the hole replay in that moment to see what i am talking about and look from my car or a car that shows the beginning of the crash and the end.
Thank you.I will give us -8points.

sry to answer here i don't want to start a discussion, just wanted to clarify why i reacted so strong.

David as you see in the vid, you did pass Bob hutchins (BVM) after driving around the Pile-up. As also Caramidaru overtook Ian Jarvis(BVM) before the S/F line and as he went so fast also Bob Hutchins right after the S/F line. This all happened after the Pile-up.

This is the reason why i went for maximum Penalty.

Sry for beeing out of line, but i felt i wasn't clear enough in first response as i couldn't see the names of the drivers on the vid.

10 points and no Q next race. Not very pretty but i think -12 points and DQ is way to much.

Kinda agree,
Problem i had is that both cars where involved, therefore the -12. But the DQ is harsh tbh.

Maybe -12 Points and no Qual for both cars as they both where involved. Would that maybe a good go between. if Xosé and David agree and if this would be the final Result. First time 2 cars where involved of one Team in one Report. Just my 2 cents

You can delete this one if its out of line.

Considering the special circumstances of this incident:

- Both cars of same team are reported

- There is practically a triple tie between the 3 stronger penalties

I think to really be fair we should be between this two options:

-10 points and no Q
-12 points and no Q

Considering, after all, the -12 points and DQ won the poll, and that has a value, I think the only solution is to conclude that -12 points and no Q for both cars is the way to go.

I hope something like this never happens again and if it does it should receive the maximum penalty by unanimity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%