Round 5 - Imola

@Sun Levi , it would be up there with the best :thumbsup:. Our similar pace makes for very intense races that's for sure. I definitely put in more practice time in my LFS days, it didn't really help though lol.

I guess the reason I find it intense is because this is only my second league, before the first RD Aussie league I've only been in like the club races environment both in AC and LFS, I never found myself pushing as hard as I have been in this league, and I never had an opponent like you before :p.

The Nurburgring race was definitely the number one highlight of my time sim racing ever, I've never been challenged like that before :rolleyes: Certainly made sim racing exciting & refreshing again for me :thumbsup:

Thats good to hear! Hopefully we can continue the feud into the next series :)

That was an amazing race I have to agree. I think I might make some youtube vids so we can reminisce in the future.

Awesome to see you guys have such a healthy competition. I know certainly from my cockpit it's been very impressive to see you two go at it for the first few laps before you eventually disappear into the distance.

Whilst I can't even bare to think about it right now, but next season is going to be absolutely mega, so I hope to see your battles continue :)

Once I have a setup dialled I am happy to share it (after taking some entry oversteer out :D), especially now Sun has won the championship :inlove:

Would really like this as in other races I felt quite comfortable in this car, At imola I have no idea and car feels like crap:(

I'm sad it's last race already, I'm just getting comfortable with it, not fast, but happy on track, the qualifying, snipers practise server, I'm gonna miss it, Friday night gt2/3 is also a fav, but they've stopped? As for a Saturday night race in a hairdressers car from Noosa ! Sorry not for me, mx5 should be burnt .

As for a Saturday night race in a hairdressing from Noosa car! Sorry not for me, mx5 should be burnt .
W-... What?

The clubs will still run. I've slowed the GT races on Friday during the league because few can participate due to league commitments. So, once the league is finished, we'll resume full throttle :)

Honestly, I think club racing is more your cup-o-tea Nick, it's way more casual and is a great learning tool :) So when the next league season comes around, you'll be 2-3 seconds per lap quicker, guaranteed (if you stick at it of course :) )

Edit: Ohhhhh, I see what you're saying. lol! The MX-5 is mad fun mate. Seriously, because it's so slow, everyone is close. Slow cars aren't everyone's preference, but there's no doubt they make for the best racing! Exhibit A

Last edited:
W-... What?

The clubs will still run. I've slowed the GT races on Friday during the league because few can participate due to league commitments. So, once the league is finished, we'll resume full throttle :)

Honestly, I think club racing is more your cup-o-tea Nick, it's way more casual and is a great learning tool :) So when the next league season comes around, you'll be 2-3 seconds per lap quicker, guaranteed (if you stick at it of course :) )

Edit: Ohhhhh, I see what you're saying. lol! The MX-5 is mad fun mate. Seriously, because it's so slow, everyone is close. Slow cars aren't everyone's preference, but there's no doubt they make for the best racing! Exhibit A
It was in jest chris, if I coulda made it tonight I woulda, but out tonight as I told my wife I can't possibly go next sat night :).
I agree with the GT comments, I do love the league though, single seater cars and a serious race, even though I'm last and it's frustrating, I have enjoyed them all,

I won't be giving up, ever, I do miss flying my spitfire over the hone counties dropping jerries, but cars are so much fun. Looking forward to the update ? Very soon now? Did I hear right? Weather?.

Give this a go if you are struggling with setup. Remember to change the FFB to your own settings :)

Attachments

• IFM09_Imola_R_Base.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 195
Probably not!

It is a touch on the understeer balance(for me) when above 95% grip especially, it is just a simple quick-ish base setup to start from. Not knowing everyone's driving style it is hard to make a good generic setup. I do enjoy doing it though, any suggestions would be appreciated (too much entry over/understeer, mid-corner over/understeer etc.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back