[ROUND 4 SUGO] ANE vs APX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Michael Hart-Jones
Team: ANE
Reported car: Ries Notenboom
Reported Team: APX

Description:

Ries made no attempt to make any adjustments to allow for the slower car in front of him. He made a collision on the final turn on the final lap. This destroyed Michael's splitter and almost cost him the position.

Result:

+15 secs (absolute majority with 6 votes)

I think Ries had that server lag at this point, said something on TS about it during the race, I'll get confimation next time we speak. Was allot of server lag at stages, so some of the incidents could be caused by that, maybe not though, but we can find out.

My decision on this incident:

APEX vs ANE - Ries was one lap up on Michael, therefore Michael does not have ground over Ries so an incident may occur as both drivers may not have the same talent behind the wheel so will take different lines. We see this here, Ries was under pressure from Robin Johansson and coudl not afford to be stuck behind lapped traffic in a situation like that. So for the reason he is a lap down, I vote NO PENALTY.

The only issue I have is that is the ANE car a lap down? If so I hardly see how it can be penalized as surely the backmarked car should of moved over??

Ross, the rules are set out

STC Rules said:
Be a gentleman: treat each other like you would like to be treated, old ladies are slow but can be competitive so don’t drive them off track, pass them in a kind way.

Its a little bit of an unfortunate situation, the pace at which Ries comes up behind me meant I did not know he was coming in until that very corner. I always move out of the way for any lapping car but I was not given ANY opportunity. This incident cost me almost 20 secs to recover and almost ended my race at the 2nd to last corner on the final lap.

Surely you cannot say that isn't a little unfar.

Michael please don't judge so much until I get confirmation of Ries if he had the server lag or not at this time. There was quite a bit of server lag for most of us last night at stages of the race. I was even lucky not to get involved in some incident early on because of it, as cars where jumping backwards and forwards quite allot.

No Problemo. If there is no lag I would probably say Ries is at fault but I would like to see some different angles and a video done at real time speed as it's a bit hard to fully judge the incident from the video posted, and of course confirmation of Ries if he had lag at this stage or not.

No lag: clear penalty
Lag: hard to judge.
It is very hard to force a penalty to your own team and be neutral so I think in the future teams involved in an incident shouldn't vote on the penalty...

Well, I thrust Ries, just ask him and if he say he has significant lag that made the situation uncontrollable for him, then you have an answer.

He can provide his replay also, lag gets "recorded" in client replays.

Cya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years