[ROUND 3 HOCKENHEIM] FOC vs COR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Kevin Clark
Team: FOR
Reported car: Antonio Cambria
Reported Team: COR

Description:

End of warmup lap/start of the race - Antonio Cambria runs past 5 cars before the start finish line, continues to turn 2 brakes too late and runs into Keving clark causing a spin and dropping him to the back of the grid.

Different view of the contact.

Personally think this is unacceptable, someone illegaly comes from the back of the grid and completely ruins someones race in the top ten. Kevin battled his way back up to 8th place last night which I am really impressed with, if only this hadn't of happened no knowing where he could have finished.

Well I had to view this a few times before making my decision, and it was tough.

I voted No Points and No qually next round. This was unacceptable as Mike said and if the briefing was read correctly, wouldn't of happened as it clearly sas no passing for the start line. Plus Cumbria didn't finish the race so his team should face the consequences next round. I have never given a penalty as harsh before but hopefully this result will make sure something like doesn't happen again.

You could argue that Cumbria was on cold tyres and cold brakes and just missed his braking spot but it still is no excuse for a T-Bone of somebody 3 places in front of you.

As you say guys, the penalty in this case isn't as important as this not happening again. Don't want to go over the top but the league prides itself on clean fair driving, which this clearly is not.

Don't see your point exactly.
Indeed this a not a good action and need to be penalised. But this is the first incident wich is reported since Donginton so i dont agree on your statement that their is no clean driving.

you just didn't understand what i said, let me make it more clear.....That was not clean driving, and is not of a standard that we want in the league, therefore the most important thing is to have that sort of driving not happen again. I did not say anything about the league not being fair and clean, infact I am stating the opposite.

I personally feel it should be No points / DQ for next race, as he doesn't know the rules and then took out kevin.
but i will talk with my teammates about this.

STC should make an example out of this behaviour (Making sure this doesn't happen again)

Waiting the end of our internal discussion I would like anticipate from the COR team side our apologies to Kevin and to the Flatout Team.

I don't want find out any kind of justification but I'd like to suggest to don't see the race accidents episode from a rollbar or tv camera but from a more realistic view, obviously the best is the cockpit view. From this point of view the distance and the "time" are not much.

Hi guys,
I was out of home for some days, first of all I apologize for the incident and I would tell you that is not our style to be envolved in similar mistakes (see previous races), I'm sure it will not happen again. We will accept any decision will be made.
Some post before Ben said "STC should make an example out of this behaviour" ... we fully agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%