[ROUND 3 HOCKENHEIM] DHR vs TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Mikko Korkiakoski
Team: DHR
Reported car: Gregory Degreef
Reported Team: TBR

Description:

Mikko is 2/3 car lengths ahead of Gregory going into the corner, Gregory brakes much later into the corner and then bumps the rear of Mikko's car, sending him into a half spin, making Mikko lose two positions and suffering "some" damage as a result.

Don't understand why after the initial tap gregory didn't do a full stop. He kept on driving like Mikko wasn't there.

yes there seemed to be some lag but not at the moment of the tap. If you see lag you have to keep some distance.

Yeah thats the thing i also found weird. You see that he is going to slowly tap him but didnt hit the brakes to avoid it.
I asked Greg if he remembered the incident and what happened.

Don't understand why after the initial tap gregory didn't do a full stop. He kept on driving like Mikko wasn't there.

yes there seemed to be some lag but not at the moment of the tap. If you see lag you have to keep some distance.

I think this attitude isn't very good, but if you look at the rules, it's wrote that you haven't to wait to preserve the trafic. In my case, i prefer to stop on a side and wait, but it isn't mandatory.

I think this attitude isn't very good, but if you look at the rules, it's wrote that you haven't to wait to preserve the trafic. In my case, i prefer to stop on a side and wait, but it isn't mandatory.

Not saying he had to wait, but avoid further contact. Now it looks like for Gregory Mikko wasn't there, like can happen with lag (if there was lag).

too me it looks more like he is trying to tap him back into the right position, which I often do too, to great advantage for the guy you mistakenly bumped into in the first place. Video posted on forum, vote tomorrow.

Blue Flag voted no penalty, race incident, not a nice sight to see but the likes of which are common to GT and Touring Cars. Here's hoping to TBR player having said sorry to DHR player in a PM.

It's not really common in GT racing though, touring car racing (BTCC/WTCC ETC) is different as a bit of door banging is quite normal, but GT racing is actually a none contact racing car sport. You guys voted for +15 on pretty much the same incident with Panu with the BVM car so there is no consistency with you guys voting no penalty on this incident, as they are the same in the sense that a driver got spun around and one driver lost out because of it. But each to their own of course. There was no sorry to Mikko/DHR for the incident.

We will vote +15 sec. We know this does not have any effect on the position of the TBR car, but the main reason for this incident submission is just for the staff to give a warning to Gregory to be more careful when following cars in future races.

Have to agree with Damian here, I said the same thing last year. We just need to focus on the incident itself and not the outcome of it (damage yes but not how many positions lost or how many points lost or the position they were in or even what team they drive for)

If we aren't consistent with the penalties, arguments and rows will break out, which is definitely against what STC stands for. So I see this as bad (if not worse) incident than the DHR, BVM incident, so it should be given the same penalty.

Sorry for ranting, I just wanted to get that out now before the handbags come out :)

we saw a bit of a difference in how much the car was spun and the fact that the other incident happened in the very last turn, frankly if we award +15 to this, there are at least five to seven instances that needed to be reviewed in each race (and this is a very conservative count), this would surely not be good for STC.

Flatout vote +30.

The general view from our team is the initial contact was light but to be followed up with whatever that second contact was, wether by mistake or to right the previous wrong, we feel is not the way to go racing. Two wrongs dont make a right is the flatout point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%