Round 2 - Nurburgring

Chris

Premium
R2.jpg

Round 1 is in the books. The pecking order has been set. Who can shake things up at the Ring?

General Information

Date:
Saturday 27th June 2015
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Thrustmaster AFM
Start time: 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)
Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD
Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
Starting Track Grip: 93%
Fuel Usage: 170%
Conditions: 26C | Clear
Racing Laps: 24 | Standing Start

Technical Notes & Track Briefing:
Track Length:
5.148 km
Top speed: 235 km/h
Turns: 15 (9 right & 6 left)
Tyre Wear: Moderate

Track Map & Red Zone:

The red zone for Round 2 is applicable during the first lap only, and covers an area from the start finish line, to the exit of Turn 2. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.

map.jpg

Track Limits:
Article 6.1 of the 2015 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Turn 4:
Time gains can be made by running wide on the exit of Turn 4. If you run wide under normal control of your car, then you must lift off throttle 100% for at least 1 second. If you are clearly not under control of your car, then exemptions can be granted. What is deemed to be under control or not is up to the discretion of the stewards.
Screenshot_ifm_2009_nurburgring_17-6-115-12-44-14.jpg

Turn 13 & 14 Chicane:
Reducing the turning angle of the final chicane by curb hopping and exceeding the white lines is not permitted.
Screenshot_ifm_2009_nurburgring_17-6-115-12-44-31.jpg

Additional areas that the stewards will be closely watching are the exits of Turn 6 and Turn 7.

Pit-lane Exit:
Drivers must not exceed the white line on the exit of the pit lane which guides you safely back to the racing line, at any point during the event (P, Q & R). Doing so could lead to a dangerous encounter with opponents, and may spoil their hotlap or race. If caught doing so, you will be given an automatic 10 second time penalty added to your race time.
Screenshot_ifm_2009_nurburgring_17-6-115-12-44-4.jpg

Don't Forget!
You are required to be present on TeamSpeak during all rounds of the league. Upon joining the RaceDepartment TeamSpeak server, you must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the Assetto Corsa channel, using your team name. Once in your channel, the League director will send you a text message containing the password for the server.

For example:
TS1.jpg

TS2.jpg

TS3.jpg

Last edited:
Did some testing with @RenZ_ tonight... It's a nice car to drive but I think I need to work on my threshold braking.
My current qual pace of high1:57's is a good start. Hopefully I'll see some improvement with more testing & be able to battle in the mid-field pack come race night.
BTW 93% track grip is not so nice... :thumbsdown: :p

@Chris Stacey wondering if you can share the web address to access the stracker results from the practice server we have been using? @RenZ_ @Sniper

That's up to @Chris Stacey , Only issue I see is if people want to keep their times private that is their option but in real life practice people can see each others times anyhow so I don't see an issue, I really don't care either way. If people wants to keep their times private then I guess they practice alone and not on the multi practice server?Hopefully everyone gets ptracker its awesome.

Yep, pretty much what I think.
I have no problems with people being able to see the server side results from ptracker :) if you don't want people to see your times, don't use ptracker lol.

@Sniper are you able to provide the link to the stracker output? Do it via PM though, in the practice server PM.

small correction to Staceys comments , even if you don't use Ptracker your best time will still show on stats page

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought you had to have ptracker installed in order for stracker to 'talk' to it, and thus output times, data etc.

Do i need to be a premium member to be in this race ?
Yes, but in this case, because this is a league, you would have had to sign up to the league by the time the sign up period closed (which was the 29th of May).

Sorry mate, but if you'd like to do some league racing, you'll have to sign up to a future league.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%