Round 2 - Nurburgring

I am going to have to take some sleeping tablets to come down from that.. Simply amazing. :inlove:

Great clean racing Sun, unlucky your front wing got severe damage from a minor touch which meant we couldn't continue our battle.

Congrats Aidan for your 11th place, sorry I stuffed the team finish :p

Cool, I wont worry about doing mine.

My race was pretty ordinary, during my practice I noticed my brakes were failing, as it turned out the load cell was on its way out ><

Thankfully I had a spare and went to replacing it, missed half of practice though.
I couldn't get a quali lap together and was maybe .5-.7 of a lap down.

In the race I was still pretty slow, had some good battles trying to keep various people (@Jack @Jeremy Talbot @Fred Locklear @Sniper) behind me. On the 9th lap I had Fred come for a pass, I left some room but he over cooked it and hit me, I went off and had some damage. I decided to pit and so did Fred, but he got out in front and stayed there.

Good fun trying to hold off sniper for the last couple of laps, even had a minor touch but we both survived.

Q: 3rd
R: 3rd

Qualifying was fantastic, smashed my PB by 8 tenths (albeit mostly due to track grip), and was really sweating because Evan was super quick.

Really happy just to have a mistake free race. :) Was awesome to have a front row seat to the Levi/Dowel bout, was able to stick with you fellas for the first two laps, but then you started pumping in 55's, I stood no chance. From then on I was just lapping by myself, and I couldn't have been happier to have a boring race :D Just keepin' it on the black stuff and bringing her home.

Very very pleased with the team's result today. Ben taking points off Sun, means Basement Tank Motorsports should be in very good shape after this race :D Awesome drive Davey! A BTM 3 and 4, Get in there!

Sorry to those who had contacts and race ending incidents, it's never nice to have that kind of thing happen. :(

Not a good race on this end.
Qualified 8th and got a decent start. @Noel Spence looked loose in the first lap or two, but I couldn't take advantage. He got loose at T11, and I went the wrong way off the track and that let @Justin by on the inside. Next lap at T1, I got along side of Noel, looked to the inside, and went wide on T2. Then a stream of cars went by. Trying to limit the stream I tried to hold the inside on T4, I saw @Frank spin off, but I didn't register a hit on my end. (on my replay There looked to be a gap between my front left and his rear right, but the server said Frank took a hit and not me I guess :( ).

Back end went out on final turn and ended up hitting the inside barrier and took front/rear damage. Then I got sideways @ T10, and lost a few more spot. Things settled down for a bit and then I got a run on @Matt Bailey, but when I got out of the draft I wasn't gaining anymore. Should have dropped back but didn't, when he went for the early turn in (I thought he was going to stay wider), I jinked to the inside hit the curb and slid into him. My bad.

After a pit for repair +tires did some decent laps, but just way too many mistakes

Q 17
R 10

I had a pretty good quality, trouble is pretty much everyone else had a better one!!

Got off to a pretty good start but the third turn incident dropped me a couple places. @Matt Bailey let me pass (good teammate that he is :thumbsup:) and from that point it was a relatively lonely race. I saw a few people spin and there were a few retirements that led me into 10th. Spent most of the race around 3-5 seconds behind @Ashley Cowan, basically running the same laptimes.

Glad to get a point for the team in a race where I thought I'd be much further back. Also great to be in the back in the league :cool:

Spent morning rewiring my adsl socket connection, it's was corroded to hell, and wiring was broken and insulation torn, so redone it all, redone a ping, 29mls no packet loss, much better, so hopefully I won't disappear for you guys, and be more stable, I may still run a Ethernet cable? Thoughts?
now gonna pull out chip and graph card and check all is secure, fans etc,

Was pleased to finally get 1:59 yesterday, improving with help from sun,jack,tony yesterday, thanks heap,

@Chris, if you feel I'm too slow or a hinderence to other drivers, I would understand you kicking me, I'm not giving up of my own accord, I will get there, but I would understand if you need someone with more experience and pace ?

oops double, post congrats too the pods, sorry for leaving early the bulldogs were playing causing me too be late and nearly miss the race ,and leave early too see the end ,anyway race was quite exciting until i hit the wall after the last corner after getting past jamie , i used my rear vision too see where he was then bang into the wall ,and yes ashley i was not sure if you were 1 lap down or i was just behind you glad i kept you on your toes:p cheers too chris and tony again

Really happy to have quailed 5th in this field. Guess I should produce something with all the laps I do in practice!
Still getting my experience up I suppose. Lapping consistently and not being scared to push during the race will come I hope. No ramifications in quali for an off so there is something to work on.
Struggled a bit with the fuel usage but enjoyed the extra element to the race. Ended up with an extra lap left so I over did it!
Great clean racing in the area I was tootling around in. One day I will get harder to overtake:thumbsup:
Well done to the podium winners and thanks to @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for a great event.

Well done to the guys at the pointy end of the field - not that I was aware where the pointy end was. OK so I'm my own worst enemy, i hadn't logged into assetto since the last race and honestly was just luck i ended up being online for this one. After a pep talk from my team mate Fred (thanks a bunch mate - appreciate the help) I decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a swing. Looking back a dubious decision. Qual was a non event - couldn't put a lap together to save myself but I don't think I would have gained many places anyway. Whats funny (well to me at least) is that when I look at my splits and realise I'm up 6 or 8 tenths up, I fly off the next corner lol, I need to not get excited :)
If I thought Qual was bad the race was a disaster, got caught up in that corner 3 melee - hard to miss people when the track is blocked, that was basically it, car was a mess. After going back and waiting for field to pass me I decided to just get some practice and I was actually happy to get some OK laps times in. Aiden, hopefully I didn't get in your way at all, I caught you up a few times during the race and was not trying to effect you when I went passed, as you saw I had a few offs as well. Other than that I was happy enough to stay out the way. So not a great night if you look at the score board, but I'm really keen to get better. This is great fun I just need time and practice, appreciate the fact you guys let me run in the league. Congrats again to the winners..

Last edited:
Spent morning rewiring my adsl socket connection, it's was corroded to hell, and wiring was broken and insulation torn, so redone it all, redone a ping, 29mls no packet loss, much better, so hopefully I won't disappear for you guys, and be more stable, I may still run a Ethernet cable? Thoughts?
now gonna pull out chip and graph card and check all is secure, fans etc,

Was pleased to finally get 1:59 yesterday, improving with help from sun,jack,tony yesterday, thanks heap,

@Chris, if you feel I'm too slow or a hinderence to other drivers, I would understand you kicking me, I'm not giving up of my own accord, I will get there, but I would understand if you need someone with more experience and pace ?

Stripped PC, cpu fan was just resting loose on chip, 6 month old new build! Surprised, I pushed the locks down and twisted them into tight position, cpu running cooler now, should help my little freezes, Internet now running as it should I think, rewiring did trick.
Getting hardware there now, just me next.

After watching the replay, I think the turn 3 incident was a normal race happening, there was nothing that all the involved could do to prevent it. So there is no reason to report at all for me.

Here is the video file

Wasn't too bad, am absolutely stuffed right now having raced 15km this weekend, with 120km of Assetto Corsa in the middle.
I won't lie, I am gutted and annoyed at getting 11th, I was holding the pace ok around lap 7 or something, a silly spin in the arena just lost me all the ground I had made. Holding that position may have meant 8th-11th (albeit much closer).
In the end, I just could not get into a groove. Mentally I knew what was needed, and for whatever reason had no opportunity to actually get it done. I like to think that I can make the most of situations like this, I enjoy the track and given that it was a race of attrition and mistakes, I am disappointed that I made one that screwed me.
Positives is that there is some speed there, a beautiful setup by a guardian angel made all the difference this race. I look forward to Monza, I hope to sneak into the points but recognise the difficulties in being able to get the job done.

I congratulate my teammate Ben on a wonderful drive, shame we sort of botched the form finish :D First time Sun has lost a league race since November...(and ever he admitted) :confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back