Round 13: Seriously Not Serious Club

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Each round closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

You are allowed to change the setup.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNS
Password: usual club password.

Cars: BMW MINI - Reik Major
Track: Porto - Nicolas Hamilton
Weather: Dry

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car or track to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track or car for the following week.
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 12

snscround13.png

Do you want me to upload the lap and the setup?

... since there is such a massive gap between us then I think I might take you up on that and say yeah, as I think I really would like to see where I am going sooooo much slower than you round here to see where I may be able to improve a little - all the way round the track is my guess :D

EDIT: I would say I could knock a second off my time with my current setup and a nigh-on perfect lap, but to find 3.6 seconds ... that is gonna be hard mate.

I would say I could knock a second off my time with my current setup and a nigh-on perfect lap, but to find 3.6 seconds ... that is gonna be hard mate.

Since i'm here at RD i learned a lot, and what i noticed again and again by watching laps of faster guys was the fact, that their never is a mystery of beeing that fast. But watching their laps gave me the motivation to improve my self. Watching laps of faster guys just shows you, which speeds are possible in which places. Then you finaly know what is possible.
My thought ever is, if i don't know what is maximum possible, i don't know how much i can improve. So every lap of faster RD members i watched, helped me out...

With the mini i think, i have a good style. I like to make it turn a bit with the tail. This is possible with FWD cars. I brake hard before corners but not to late into them. At the moment of turning in, i release the brake to make the tail overtake me a bit. Going on throttle at the right moment and with the right intensity controls the tail and avoids going through the corner too much sideways. Drivting too much, costs time, but a controlled loose tail makes you turn faster and accelerate earlier!

Attachments

• R-Mini.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Porto_Reik_SNSC_2-13-362.Vcr
    145.8 KB · Views: 250

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back