Round 11: Seriously Not Serious Club

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Each round closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

You are allowed to change the setup.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNS
Password: usual club password.

Cars: Radical SR4 252hp - Peter Duivelaar
Track: Magny Cours National
Weather: Dry

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track for the following week.
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 9

snscround11b.png

Ok. Waiting for a server i tested in a single event. Of course my PB (53:335) is from Qualy.

For everyone interessted, here's the lap and the setup.

I think my cutting in the chicane was ok(?). As long as there are 2 wheels inside the track it's ok, and in my lap it's been half the car.

C U soon on the server... :pirate:

Attachments

• Magny-National-SNSC-Reik-53-335.Vcr
    154.5 KB · Views: 269
  • R-SR4 low wing.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 256
In this track there's the matter of cutting in the outlap.. technically it's not cutting because the actual timed lap is still legal ie. no cutting DURING the timed lap. It gives about 10 km/h more straight line speed. And is somebody going to check all the replays of all the laps? Didn't think so i think that because you can't be sure it is allowed. It is legally on the "grey" area but technically it is allowed. And the markers on that chicane are specially good, they really react if you cheat. Maybe the best in the whole game, nothing like the Monza T1 markers..

In this track there's the matter of cutting in the outlap.. technically it's not cutting because the actual timed lap is still legal ie. no cutting DURING the timed lap. It gives about 10 km/h more straight line speed. And is somebody going to check all the replays of all the laps? Didn't think so i think that because you can't be sure it is allowed. It is legally on the "grey" area but technically it is allowed. And the markers on that chicane are specially good, they really react if you cheat. Maybe the best in the whole game, nothing like the Monza T1 markers..

For fairness I dont mind checking all the hotlaps if I could get hold of them. But I would emphasize all participants to please avoid cutting the last chicane in your outlap.

This weeks challenge will run until next Friday 00:00GMT.

I agree with Abdul.

No doubt we are all gentleman driver! Logicaly sometimes you'll cut the chicane a bit too much not really wanting to do it, but this doesn't automaticaly mean the following lap becomes your best lap.

I don't see a problem there! :glasses-cool:

• Ariff Roose

The bumps PISS ME OFF so badly..running on gear 6 there and I hit the corner thing and straight into the barrier.. 19 laps wasted.:chuck:

The best thing to do is avoid that bump if you can. Brake into 4th on entering the fast chicane, then making sure to avoid the kerbing, brake slightly into 3rd as you take the left. Control the throttle through the second right-hander and you're through. :)

Is the server set to qualy now like mentioned in the first post?

When i joined it yesterday it was on practice before qualy.

What could happen then ist, that there are some people on the server for hours beeing into practice and maybe it then switches to qualy. So other guys joining would have better grip. I had this on the A1Ring MMG F1 test server.

I think it's more transparent if it's ever set on qualy!

I'll do my hot laps on monday morning...

• Ariff Roose

The best thing to do is avoid that bump if you can. Brake into 4th on entering the fast chicane, then making sure to avoid the kerbing, brake slightly into 3rd as you take the left. Control the throttle through the second right-hander and you're through. :)

lols thanks Rhys!:plus1:

Ill try that ince I get my Internet workin properly..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back