• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Round 11: Seriously Not Serious Club

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Abdul Al-Amry, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,968
    Surprising combo! I've been waiting to get some proper lessons with Rads and it is here. Thank you, guys!

2. James Skinner

James Skinner

Ratings:
    +72
    Nice combo! Had a go offline as no server up tonight, got the feeling a good setup could make all the difference here! Can't wait to see some times....
    (55.6xx at the mo btw...)

3. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,746
    Ok. Waiting for a server i tested in a single event. Of course my PB (53:335) is from Qualy.

For everyone interessted, here's the lap and the setup.

I think my cutting in the chicane was ok(?). As long as there are 2 wheels inside the track it's ok, and in my lap it's been half the car.

C U soon on the server... :pirate:

Attached Files:

4. Jim McGhee

Jim McGhee

Ratings:
    +0
    had to format my PC, so still to even try this one once! I will have a few laps in before the weekend!

5. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Sorry guys... the leagues have been keeping me busy... the server just went online.

6. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,968
    In this track there's the matter of cutting in the outlap.. technically it's not cutting because the actual timed lap is still legal ie. no cutting DURING the timed lap. It gives about 10 km/h more straight line speed. And is somebody going to check all the replays of all the laps? Didn't think so i think that because you can't be sure it is allowed. It is legally on the "grey" area but technically it is allowed. And the markers on that chicane are specially good, they really react if you cheat. Maybe the best in the whole game, nothing like the Monza T1 markers..

7. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19

For fairness I dont mind checking all the hotlaps if I could get hold of them. But I would emphasize all participants to please avoid cutting the last chicane in your outlap.

This weeks challenge will run until next Friday 00:00GMT.

8. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,746
    I agree with Abdul.

No doubt we are all gentleman driver! Logicaly sometimes you'll cut the chicane a bit too much not really wanting to do it, but this doesn't automaticaly mean the following lap becomes your best lap.

I don't see a problem there! :glasses-cool:

9. Grégory Cogotti

Grégory Cogotti

Ratings:
    +0
    pffiu, i tried some laps this afternoon and i have injuried this damn bump :pissed-off:, but many laps later :) i did a little 53''520

10. Ollie Chamberlain

Ollie Chamberlain

Ratings:
    +0
    when will this run until then guys?

cheers,
    ollie

11. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Next Friday 00:00 GMT

12. Ariff Roose

Ariff Roose

Ratings:
    +0
    The bumps PISS ME OFF so badly..running on gear 6 there and I hit the corner thing and straight into the barrier.. 19 laps wasted.:chuck:

13. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +770
    The best thing to do is avoid that bump if you can. Brake into 4th on entering the fast chicane, then making sure to avoid the kerbing, brake slightly into 3rd as you take the left. Control the throttle through the second right-hander and you're through. :)

14. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,746
    Is the server set to qualy now like mentioned in the first post?

When i joined it yesterday it was on practice before qualy.

What could happen then ist, that there are some people on the server for hours beeing into practice and maybe it then switches to qualy. So other guys joining would have better grip. I had this on the A1Ring MMG F1 test server.

I think it's more transparent if it's ever set on qualy!

I'll do my hot laps on monday morning...

15. Grégory Cogotti

Grégory Cogotti

Ratings:
    +0
    I made my lap during practice, but i think the server should be lock in practice or quali, in order that everyone turn with the same grip condition.

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,916
    No wonder I'm always so slow!
    I always thought it was the car or worse yet, me!

17. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,746
    that's what i meant!

So i think all the times now were driven in practice. So in order to keep it fair, is it possible to lock the server in practice from now on?

18. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    it pretty much is... there is a 900mins practice session and a 1lap race.... there is no way to set a better lap time after a standing start on a race:)

19. Ariff Roose

Ariff Roose

Ratings:
    +0
    lols thanks Rhys!:plus1:

Ill try that ince I get my Internet workin properly..

20. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,746
    ok... just thought i rembered that between practice and race there's a qualy that could be reached by luck if people stay long enough on the server

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.