Round 1 - Silverstone GP

Chris

Premium
R1.jpg

The pre-season poker game is over, now it's time for the drivers to show their cards as the opening round of the Thrustmaster Australian Formula Master kicks off in anger for the first time!

General Information
Date:
Saturday 13th June 2015
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Thrustmaster AFM
Start time: 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)
Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD
Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
Starting Track Grip: 93%
Fuel Usage: 170%
Conditions: 26C | Clear
Racing Laps: 21 | Standing Start

Technical Notes & Track Briefing:

Track Length: 5.891 km
Top speed: 240 km/h
Turns: 18 in total. (10 right, 8 left)
Tyre Wear: Heavy

Track Map & Red Zone:

The red zone for Round 1 applies from the start finish line to the exit of Turn 5 during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.

map.png

Track Limits:
Article 6.1 of the 2015 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Turn 6:
Time gains can be made by cutting the apex of Turn 6.
Screenshot_ifm_2009_silverstone_8-6-115-17-33-20.jpg

Turn 15:
Time gains can be made by extending the exit of the corner and running onto the astro-turf.
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_27-12-2014-16-38-17.jpg

Pit-lane
Exit:
Drivers must not exceed the white line on the exit of the pit lane which guides you safely back to the racing line, at any point during the event (P, Q & R). Doing so could lead to a dangerous encounter with opponents, and may spoil their hotlap or race. If caught doing so, you will be given an automatic 10 second time penalty added to your race time.
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_13-1-2015-14-54-13.jpg

Don't Forget!
You are required to be present on TeamSpeak during all rounds of the league. Upon joining the RaceDepartment TeamSpeak server, you must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the Assetto Corsa channel, using your team name. Once in your channel, the League director will send you a text message containing the password for the server.

For example:
TS1.jpg

TS2.jpg

TS3.jpg

Last edited:
@Chris Stacey
"Start time:
19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)"
what would be the schedule of the event?

and
"Starting Track Grip: 93%"
what do we expect for start of quali and start of the race?
It is here, which you should have read already when you signed up for the league ;-).

Grip depends on how well we rubber it in through the session. Chris answered it here aswell.

Session schedule is provided In the general info thread as Frank has said :)
The grip level for the start of the race should be approximately 95-96%, but it depends on how many laps we complete prior obviously.

Confirmed Entry List for Round 1:
Any sign outs beyond this point will be penalised.

1. @Sun Levi (Pitstop Predators)
  2. @Nick10 (Pitstop Predators)
  3. @Niki Đaković (Abominated Adversaries)
  4. @Matt Bailey (Abominated Adversaries)
  5. @RenZ_ (Aurora Racing)
  6. @Aidan Keranen (Aurora Racing)
  7. @Chris Stacey (Basement Tank Motorsports)
  8. @David Armstrong (Basement Tank Motorsports)
  9. @Noel Spence (Grandpa and Grandson)
  10. @Matheus Machado (Grandpa and Grandson)
  11. @Casper (A.P.I.A Racing)
  12. @Jack (A.P.I.A Racing)
  13. @Thomas Satherley (Slow Motion Racing)
  14. @kedy89 (Slow Motion Racing)
  15. @Fred Locklear (NFI Racing)
  16. @Phil Manning (NFI Racing)
  17. @El-ahrairah (Spanelli Racing)
  18. @Sniper (Spanelli Racing)
  19. @Frank (RedShift Racing)
  20. @Michael Stead (RedShift Racing)
  21. @Ashley Cowan (RedCow Racing)
  22. @Justin (RedCow Racing)

View attachment 94998
The pre-season poker game is over, now it's time for the drivers to show their cards as the opening round of the Thrustmaster Australian Formula Master kicks off in anger for the first time!

General Information
Date:
Saturday 13th June 2015
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Thrustmaster AFM
Start time: 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)
Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD
Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
Starting Track Grip: 93%
Fuel Usage: 170%
Conditions: 26C | Clear
Racing Laps: 21 | Standing Start

Technical Notes & Track Briefing:

Track Length: 5.891 km
Top speed: 240 km/h
Turns: 18 in total. (10 right, 8 left)

Track Map & Red Zone:

The red zone for Round 1 applies from the start finish line to the exit of Turn 5 during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.

View attachment 95002

Track Limits:
Article 6.1 of the 2015 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Turn 6:
Time gains can be made by cutting the apex of Turn 6.
View attachment 95436

Turn 15:
Time gains can be made by extending the exit of the corner and running onto the astro-turf.
View attachment 95003

Pit-lane
Exit:
Drivers must not exceed the white line on the exit of the pit lane which guides you safely back to the racing line, at any point during the event (P, Q & R). Doing so could lead to a dangerous encounter with opponents, and may spoil their hotlap or race. If caught doing so, you will be given an automatic 10 second time penalty added to your race time.
View attachment 95004

Don't Forget!
You are required to be present on TeamSpeak during all rounds of the league. Upon joining the RaceDepartment TeamSpeak server, you must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the Assetto Corsa channel, using your team name. Once in your channel, the League director will send you a text message containing the password for the server.

For example:
View attachment 95005

View attachment 95006

View attachment 95007
So I assume this means we can chat during the race and no-one else can hear us? Is that how it works @Chris Stacey ? The sub-channel I mean.

Good race. Very stressful.
Got through the first lap fine, but messed up a little bit on the second lap. Lost out to Stacey, Talent, and had Pyatt & Spall all over me. I really can't remember what happened :D but for a few laps there were cars everywhere in front and behind. Everything was clean thankfully, and eventually I ended up in 6th.

Tried to hold up Dowel after his pitstop but it was rather pointless.

Happy with 6th. I really couldn't have done any better today. Thanks for the event and the setup @Chris Stacey. And the helmet @Sun Levi ;).

Good win @Sun Levi . Too fast on the slow track and consistent in the race. I'm not too good on 94% and binned the one 95% lap.

I had a fairly clean race (a few moments at T1), @Niki Đaković got me off the start then we had a good clean fight for 2 laps.. For some reason I thought it was compulsory pit so pitted at the end of lap 10, I doubt I would have caught you but I think it would have been a lot closer than 25s!

Thanks to all that held me up after my pit :roflmao:

On to Germany!

Congrats to all drivers on such a clean start to the race. Not happy to have finished 30+ seconds off the lead, but I guess I'm just not talented enough :D, but a good solid result to start off the season for Basement Tank Motorsports!

Couldn't of been bothered to do many laps on super low grip. When I got on track, I just couldnt get used to all the online stuttering immediately. Always tentitive on throttle. Until we got well into race, at which point Sun was 8+sec ahead and race was pretty much done.

A bit of a mistake training on 95.6% grip for the race. Having 58.3 pb on that, but as quali ended on 95.1.. I could of done maybe 58.6.. but with all the nervosness about the stutering only 59.0. So for next time, might be a good idea for myself to train on slightly lower grip and do some practice laps on event server just to get beyond the stuttering feel.

Also, error in setup going to far with front wing, which only cost top speed and didn't gain me any highspeed corner momentum. So, there's few things to revise as we go into the season. I'm completely new to formule cars and they are very different to setup and drive on the limit to gt cars.

Had a bit of a battle with Ben at start. His top speed was immense. Would appreciate if you shared info on which wing-set you picked. Was a bit surprised to see you go into pits for refuel, cos was looking forward seeing your battle with Sun on youtube in few days.

Grats to Sun. Spotless performance and good job with track limits. At last a race without someone cutting to win or punting me off the road to pass/keep position. Good group of guys here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%