Round 1 - Silverstone GP

Really bad last 4 minutes of quali for me.
Sorry for the high ping in the first couple of laps. I kept my distance and slipped down through the pack.
Not a great result in terms of points for RedCow Racing but loved the 2 of us working together and monstering @Matt Bailey. We probably could have been more aggressive with @Noel Spence. But hey - nice guys for Race 1.

Great race guys! Nice to see that it was a pretty clean race for everyone :thumbsup: Would've been a very close race if you didn't pit @RenZ_ :) , looking forward to the next round! Thanks @Chris Stacey and everyone involved for organizing! Also shout out to @Casper for scoring points :inlove:

IFM2_zpsumge598z.jpg

Qualifying: 7th
Race: 11th

Was honestly surprised with my pace considering my lack of practice. Could have realistically qualified higher as well as I felt like breaking the two minute barrier was easily possible on an optimal lap.

The race didn't go so well though. Got a decent start and was in a short little scrap for 4th with Chris before coming worse off in slight contact through Copse on lap 2. The front wing damage for me was light but the car never really felt the same through corners after that. Combined with my lack of running time on worn tyres, my pace feel away and mistakes began to creep in. Before long I was outside of the points and that's where I stayed.

However the battling itself in the midfield was fantastic, and a ton of fun. Considering I was hardly ever in any battles in the Formula Abarth league I don't mind being off the pace so much if the battles remain clean and enjoyable like they did tonight. :) Shame about the collision box issues with these cars but at least we now know what can and can't be done wheel-to-wheel.

Hopefully I should slowly build up the pace in the car the more time I drive it in the upcoming weeks and hopefully get our team some decent points. :)

Motivation for this round was gone before it even started when Chris told me that I was down to a one man team thanks to Thomas dropping out :thumbsdown:.

In practice and quali the usual no-pace-when-grip-below-95% problem. Never expected me to be even close to the front, but that was devastating. Teamname fitted that situation perfectly. Good and clean start in the race then, and had the pace to battle and pass others. Many good fights, and one close call with @Ashley Cowan pinging all over the place. Spun off in Chapel at some point early in the race and dropped to 20th. Could close the gap to the guys ahead again and gain some places. Decided to pit in lap 13 as my tyres were at 95% and I was drifting around quite a lot. Proved to be fatal as almost noone else pitted. Got back up to 16th in the end. Disappointing as I think points would have been possible.

Great race guys! Nice to see that it was a pretty clean race for everyone :thumbsup: Would've been a very close race if you didn't pit @RenZ_ :) , looking forward to the next round! Thanks @Chris Stacey and everyone involved for organizing! Also shout out to @Casper for scoring points :inlove:

IFM2_zpsumge598z.jpg
Thanks @Sun Levi . Very pleased with a top 10 in this company. I am sure all the members of the remedial class appreciated the time you have spared us over the last few weeks.
Was very happy to have a clean event both on the track and technically!!!
Couple of great dices with @El-ahrairah and @David Armstrong in the early part of the race but ended up with some damage and a flat spot which may have hampered me a touch and I cruised around a bit with some time ahead to Evan and back to the following pack. Tried to make sure I didn't make any stupid errors to protect my finishing position.
Thanks @Chris Stacey. Great event. Thanks @Sniper for your technical support and our server access!!

Q:16, Finished 14th.

Practice this week was a bit weird. Messing with setups @93% grip I started doing low 2:01s with race fuel, but next time out, I was 1s or so slower, and couldn't find the pace or rhythm. Then I realized late in the week I had only 15laps worth of fuel :/. I seemingly was doing better in practice this morning, but couldn't put it together for a good qualifying run. I quickly was 4th in qualifying only to see more and more ppl pass me and I couldn't find the time to qualify faster.

My race start was good. In the first lap I was able to get by @Noel Spence and @Ashley Cowan and second lap I was able to get by @Matt Bailey on the third, but my car was feeling a bit tail happy. I was creeping up on @Sniper on lap 7 or so, but my tail got loose and then went off at Copse, and I went from 13th to 19th just like that. Knew my tires were going to start wearing down a bit and decided to back down from the attack mode and see where I end up and was able to work myself back up to 14th.

Did have a few nice battled there in the middle of the race though!

Props on the nice fair racing from everyone. It was decidedly a lot cleaner than the first several rounds of the Formula Abarth series where I seemed to get knocked around a fair bit :). Congrats to Sun and his magical car tires made of fairy dust, and everyone else who gained points in the Championship. Without my goofs, I am hopeful that I may someday be up there picking up some Championship points!

Really bad last 4 minutes of quali for me.
Sorry for the high ping in the first couple of laps. I kept my distance and slipped down through the pack.
Not a great result in terms of points for RedCow Racing but loved the 2 of us working together and monstering @Matt Bailey. We probably could have been more aggressive with @Noel Spence. But hey - nice guys for Race 1.
i thought you 2 were playing funny business ,bit i slipped you:)well done too the pods and badluck too matheus ,not sure what happened there ,next round grandson and grandpa will come back strong and cheers too chris and tony again

I find them better and more rewarding than the Formula Abarth, a real knife edge feeling when you are on the limit that reminds me of the Merc C9 (a.k.a tail happy/snappy). The tyre wear is sub-par but that is just AC..

Tyre wear is abit extreme, the car is tricky to handle when your on the limit, and there is something wrong with the aero settings, high wing settings doesn't seem to give you any more downforce.

I used 15 front 16 rear for this race, I find it unnecessary to go higher than that.

My bad, the races are on Saturday nights...yes? i cant race both Friday and Saturday nights, missus is not happy with me racing Fridays so iam not even going to put the idea to her as she likes to go out on Saturday night and so do i. Thought the race was on Sunday during the day, like i said guys...my bad :whistling::redface:. Sorry :redface:.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back