Round #1, Australia: Post-Race Discussion

Hey, I don't know if this is the correct place to say this, but I had a doubt, in gpcos the points system is different as the official rules' one (It says I would have 11pts instead of 10), Georg could you say which is the correct one? :p
Regards!

Hey, I don't know if this is the correct place to say this, but I had a doubt, in gpcos the points system is different as the official rules' one (I have 11pts instead of 10), Georg could you say which is the correct one? :p
Regards!
Just to state something else for some reason on gpcos it says I started 17th and I actually started 23rd. Is this a bug or something?

In the race I had to serve stop&go for speeding in the pitlane. For some reason sim also decided to change the tires, so instead of 10 sec pitstop was 16 sec. Any ideas why (no I did not pressed pitstop button accidentally)?
Did you make sure you selected "do not change" tyres in pitstop? Maybe in this mod you can serve penalty with your stop?

It was an exciting debut for me in FSR Pro.

I decided to be a little conservative and just aim to make it to the finish.
In Quali my lap was 1.2 sec slower than my PB and put me in P21. My second attampt I made a mistake and was +.25 sec at sector 1 and nikkodem was on my gearbox for his outlap. I decided it was unlikely to make much improvement from there so let him by to have a better out-lap. I was also happy to be down the back as I predicted tears in T1 and was seriously considering a pit lane start just for safety.

Race: It happened, careful as I was tip toeing around some carnage in T1 a car spun into a space in front of me and I hit it causing slight damage (front wing I think) and some time recovering from the kittty litter. From there I literally just cruised around on the mediums as I found that they were rubbish for the first 5 laps or so.
At lap 14 as I was in about P12 and holding the the gap to the cars behind that had pitted I made my mind up to stick with the 1 stop plan.
Pitted at lap 20 but allowed damage repair so it was 13 sec stop. That let a couple of cars through.

Had a small battle with Dimitry but I was just wanting to get home on 15 laps on the options so didnt fight too hard. He ran out of fuel which made that a good decision in the end.

So it was P11 and +20 sec from P10. Its easy to say "with a clean run I might have etc etc" but attrition helped me probably more than my dramas hurt me.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that in Pro thats 12 points (10 for finishing).

Its encouraging to see that top 10 might be do able.
Thanks all. Well done to Will, I'm after you next round and well done to Andrea, nice work..

Well done to Will, I'm after you next round

Hehe thanks :) Won't be able to do Malaysia or China (going to FIA WEC when Malaysia is on busy with exams + revision) but could do Bahrain. so I'm hoping I can battle you there ;)
11093144_943796715671669_1429440057_o.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing