Round 0: Pre-Season Qualification

screw it. I'll let my attempts stand. I think my second attempt was better than the first. My screw up was because I lost track of what gear I was in and downshifted into first and spun :p. I'll use the time to practice for the real racing :).

random question: Is there any way to set the *tire wear* to a specific amount in the game? I'm not sure if setting track grip to (original track grip)*(tire grip/100) would be the same or not.
You can edit the .ini grip presets to suit you needs if im right.

Just completed my laps and I'm shocked with this car tire usage. Expecting some interesting strategy battles in the races!
Indeed. The more I drive it, the more I feel like making a pit stop will be a safer and faster method of completing each race. Certainly Silverstone, and potentially Spa should be quicker with a pitstop. I doubt you'll need to in Round 3 at Monza because it's such a low loading circuit.

But yeah, I'm really interested to see what strategies people try and go with.

You can edit the .ini grip presets to suit you needs if im right.
You're talking about the track grip.ini right? I might try to see if that works right. I've changed the "green" setting to 93% to practice for races. I'll give changing the track grip a try to see if it simulates it right....but 96% of 93% would be like 89%, and if I recall correctly 89% track grip is like worse than ice.

Yup going to be interesting to see how things go. I will try to avoid any Mercedes strategy screw ups though :)

If you set it to 93% and then set the Randomness to 0, then it's the same as having the default setting of a 95% with a 2% randomness.

When starting a new session, the randomness seems to always go to the worst possible scenario. So if you tell it to start at 95% with a randomness of 6, then it'll always begin a new session at 89%. Only if you "restart" the session will the randomness randomize the grip.

I agree the tyres will be interesting over that distance and strategy will play a part, the grip-up of the track will throw a spanner in the works.

Personally I have done very little online racing in AC with the track grip not on Optimal (not by choice mind you) . I am looking forward to this aspect, crazy weather would be even cooler!

Front tires go off faster then rear tires, causing understeer until rear tires catch up with 96% grip too. We're most likely gonna drive races in 3 phases. New tires, understeery tires, old tires.

Pre-Season Qualification Results:
*Note: Excel would only round to 1 decimal place unfortunately, so there are a number of drivers who have the same average time. The tie will be broken by the driver who completed the fastest time during their run.

1st: Sun Levi - 54.2
2nd
: Niki Djakovic - 54.4
3rd
: Ben Dowel - 54.4
4th
: Chris Stacey - 54.5
5th
: Noel Spence - 54.9
6th
: Jamie Pyatt - 54.9
7th
: Thomas Satherley - 55.0
8th
: Fred Locklear - 55.0
9th
: Evan Spall - 55.0
10th
: Frank van Oeveren - 55.3
11th
: Ashley Cowan - 55.4
12th
: Justin Talent - 55.5
13th
: Michael Stead - 55.6
14th
: Tony Binelli - 55.7
15th
: Phil Manning - 55.7
16th
: Tobi Kederer - 55.7
17th
: Jack Trooper - 55.7
18th
: Matheus Machado - 55.8
19th
: David Armstrong - 56.2
20th
: Aidan Keranen - 56.4
21st
: Matt Bailey - 56.6
22nd
: Nick Milton - 57.0

Teams:
  1. Sun Levi | Nick Milton
  2. Niki Đaković | Matt Bailey
  3. Ben Dowel | Aidan Keranen
  4. Chris Stacey | David Armstrong
  5. Noel Spence | Matheus Machado
  6. Jamie Pyatt | Jack Trooper
  7. Thomas Satherley | Tobi Kederer
  8. Fred Locklear | Phil Manning
  9. Evan Spall | Tony Binelli
  10. Frank van Oeveren | Michael Stead
  11. Ashley Cowan | Justin Talent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sun Levi @Niki Đaković @RenZ_ @Casper @Noel Spence @Thomas Satherley @Fred Locklear @El-ahrairah @Frank @Ashley Cowan @Justin @Michael Stead @Sniper @Phil Manning @kedy89 @Jack @Matheus Machado @David Armstrong @Aidan Keranen @Matt Bailey @Nick10

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%